Question about Dual GPU's

Rahburt-33

Gawd
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
763
I'd like to avoid any flame about the subject, but I have a single 5770 for bitmining (I didn't buy it for bitcoin, I bought it because it was what I needed back in December). Now my motherboard also has on board graphics (Radeon HD 4290). Would it be possible to set it up so that the 5770 is just discretely running for mining while I use my 4290 for some low end gaming (I'm really only playing Morrowind and Minecraft right now, so I mean low end :p)

Is it possible to set it up like this? I only have one computer, and I'd like to leave it mining as often as possible, but I still wanna game.
 
I think you can just plug your monitor into the onboard graphics, and use a dummy plug or another connector from your monitor to your 5770
 
Is there any way to do it without resistors? I unfortunetly do not have any at my house.
 
Mmmm actually resistors are cheap, if I can make my way to radio shack I'll just get them for a buck. But this is possible right? Makes much more sense to pay a dollar for some resistors than 10 bucks for a dummy imo
 
You mean plug both the graphics card and onboard into the monitor? My monitor does have dual input, and the input can be switched back and forth between DVI and VGA.
 
Back
Top