Quantum computing just got another step closer

erek

[H]F Junkie
Exciting stuff

"As with most research we see on the cutting-edge, I wouldn't expect to see these solutions implemented any time soon. There's likely far more testing to be done, and we're likely still a long way off seeing any qubits in the family home. Besides, there's still plenty of solutions needed before we can go truly quantum. Once they're done curing cancer and solving climate change, I can't wait to see what the future of PC gaming looks like when we do."

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/quantum-computing-just-got-closer-with-scalable-chaplets/

Don't worry AI will take over quantum computing because it had an existential crisis all because people think it's fun to try and confuse the learning computer :D

New and better tech is always (almost always) nice to see.

My understanding of 'Wonton burrito meals' is very limited, as it still seems to be a very early, very technical field. No buying an apple 1 motherboard and plugging in your own quantum components at this stage. Though I did see some experimental home/office/lab units in the under $100k range.

I have wondered if future computing is going to need to merge classic digital computing with Quantum computing, like the, left/right aka logical/intuitive, parts of our brains, digital and quantum synergistically solving problems? Or would this just lead to Skynet's takeover happening sooner?

Reactions: erek
like this
Or would this just lead to Skynet's takeover happening sooner?
Probably this, there's been several AI canned publicly, I wonder how many haven't been public.

~FB had two that created their own language they created, and there was that racist Tay tweets one.

Quantum computing is very exciting! Can't wait to start seeing data on what they are achieving

Back