Quality, Not Quantity, is the Future Plan for Xbox

anyone who cares to try can order a $50 120gb drive and flash it and replace the one in their plastic shell, quite easy to do, no it's not for average joe, but neither is swapping out the drive in a PS3, so.....

Doing that voids the warranty.

Replacing your PS3 drive is easier and won't void the warranty, not to mention you can buy a much larger capacity for the same money as the Xbox drive.

Replacing your PS3 drive is easier and won't void the warranty, not to mention you can buy a much larger capacity for the same money as the Xbox drive.

I'd like to add that the process for replacing the PS3s HDD is very simple. Old one unlocks and pops right out from the bottom of the console. Unscrew the old drive from the metal cage, secure the new drive in the metal cage, and put it back in. Took me all of 2 minutes when I replaced mine.

And just to prove a point, 500GB laptop drives on Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...escription=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

Xbox 360 120GB HDD on Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103062

and warranty's are...well, in my first year of ownership i gave a damn about a warranty because of the RRoD issues that were so rampant, my launch console failed after 14 months, of course it was under warranty because of the extension, but anyone buying a recent console has nearly no chance of getting a RRoD, these things are solid, that is something the PS3 and Wii fanboys dont seem to be allowing to be taken into consideration, sure, in the first year or two the failures were way too high, but now they are very infrequent and almost a non-issue, not to mention the price drop to $199 for a base console, so anyone voiding a warranty (mind you you only voided the warranty on the hard drive, not the console) at worst would have to ...what....buy a new hard drive...??? boo hoo

i think i will trade my hard drive warranty on a 20gig tiny hard drive in exchange for 120gb's of useable space for $50 instead of $200

Back