Quake wars. Will it be good

Will quake wars be a good game

• Total voters
You will get unlocks during the campaign, but not permanently. However there will also be stat tracking etc

Nobody knows if it will be good. Also, those of you who think "ZOMG HUGE BATTLE" is awesome, I suggest checking out big ET servers. The gameplay is severely degraded to the point where it's often not very much fun at all. It's just a big spam and mortar fest.

I had totally forgot about this game until I saw this thread. But personally I see Quake Wars as: Quake art and universe+ battlefield gameplay (and much more)=one really awesome game.

I have to say my biggest worry for this game is griefers, I've not read anything which shows thier plans to stop griefers. This is a MASSIVE problem for team based games where one person has control over some gameplay dynamic which is essential for your team progressing, like getting into that truck thing and just driving it off a cliff or in the opposite direction.

Voting systems simply DO NOT WORK, there are too many newbs around to allow voting to work correctly, the only safe bet is well admined servers, but even then Admins can only be available X number of hours a day.

I can see this being a massive problem early on in it's release, I hope they take steps towards preventing it otherwise gameplay might very well be ruined.

hmm guess it depends what it can offer in the terms of gameplay that BF cant offer,at least thats it for me,wont bother shelling out 50bucks for a game that offers exactly the same with a diffrent packaging.

Frosteh said:
I have to say my biggest worry for this game is griefers, I've not read anything which shows thier plans to stop griefers.

How do you suppose they can? The only way I can see to handle them is for manual intervention.

I think vote kicking works pretty well. The trick is to find an active server that gives out admin privileges and is well policed against cheaters and people that team kill on purpose.

It will be cool and all, but coming out a bit late IMO just like several other games coming out soon. :eek:

too bad it waited so long that vanguard came out before it.. now I dont have a need to buy it... /shrug ... i bet it was actualy done and they were waiting for a more opportune season, but its not like the market was flooded with good game offerings this x-mas... the only two good ones were Dark Messiah and Rainbow Six Vegas. Company of Heroes and Dark Crusade if you count that far back...

No it will suck.. Just like this thread.

God I don't think there is anything more worthless then speculating about a game that hasn't come out yet.. Whats even worse is when you ask if the game is going to be good. :rolleyes:

what's worse than that is a negative person

How do you suppose they can? The only way I can see to handle them is for manual intervention.

Well theres lots of system you can put in to place to auto kick griefers and to work out who is griefing etc but no one ever seems to do this well in any game, it's just a general failing of online games today. More effort needs to be made in general but specifically for a game like ET:QW which will rely on cooperation/team work a lot more.

Well theres lots of system you can put in to place to auto kick griefers and to work out who is griefing etc but no one ever seems to do this well in any game, it's just a general failing of online games today. More effort needs to be made in general but specifically for a game like ET:QW which will rely on cooperation/team work a lot more.

You didn't really go into specifics. Beyond kicking any one who team kills, what do you think should trigger such an action.

I think it's going to great, been looking forward to it for a long time.

Back