Quake Remastered

After playing through the first two episodes of the game I can say that the movement definitely feels different. It feels a little floaty compared to the original. I can't really think of a better way to describe it. The backpedaling speed is also capped for some reason, which I found out by not being able to back up a ramp. The latter issue can be fixed with a console command or launch option, at least.

Speaking of episode 2, they restored the entirety of the last mission for this version of the game, which I was not expecting. That was a lot of fun to experience.
I've been scouring the internet and can't find anything other than a YouTube video of the tf intro demo... which makes me think a guy got the mod to load.
It's not possible to play multiplayer with mods in this version of the game since it's all peer-to-peer. There might be people still running TF servers for the original version of the game.

I would really expect a remaster to have some kind of CRT filter. That was a consideration for devs then, it should be the same now.
I always think that’s a good idea as an option, but whenever I play games that can implement CRT filters, inevitably I always end up playing without it. I guess it’s partially because most of the CRT filters I see are either way too heavy-handed with the effect or don’t look convincing enough, and also that my eyes have adjusted to LCD monitors for a long time now. For me, even the first Quake is not a game I consider ‘retro enough’ to feel the need for CRT filters. Also, good CRT monitors in the late1990s had far better image quality and sharpness than the kind of television that most of us used to play NES, SNES, etc., which most CRT filters look to emulate.

Can I get this unlocked from the quake shareware cd from way back when? (Assuming I can find it)

Am I reading this right? KB+M support for the console versions (including Switch)? Pretty awesome that.

I'm hoping this remastered gets enough momentum to convince Hi-Rez (or whomever currently owns the Tribes IP) to release a 'Starsiege: Tribes Remastered' for all platforms with KB+M. The combined userbase of console and PC players joining Tribes servers might just be active enough to allow me to relive my high school gaming years.

Nice! I bought this, but still haven't given it a try. Maybe I will this weekend.

Back