• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

QPack cooling fan for intake??

fsh42na

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
1,472
I just started building a SFF pc for my daughter and will be using the Qpack case, Biostar mobo, Opteron 146, 1 Liteon DVDRW, Hitachi SATA drive, Evga 6800GT pci- express, Enermax liberty ps.

I opened up the case last night and can't find any room for an intake fan. Are you guys modding your cases to accept an intake fan?? I can't imagine building this pc without an intake to draw in cooler air.

Thanks for your replies and advice
 
i have seen where people(i think it was Dworley) use the rear for an intake, and the PSU as the out fan, but you have to put a duct of some sort on the PSU or Fan because you dont want to be sucking in the hot air from the PSU.
 
I use the rear for an intake as well. No duct work, no special anything and I idle at 28c with a 600 mhz overclock on my Opty 148. Works well this way since the air exhausts through the vents on each side of the case. Only prblem is possibly the amount of dust, but I clean mine about every two weeks.
 
Mucho thanks on the feedback. I don't want to spend too much time on this build and I wasn't looking forward to modding my case. I'll just be running things at stock anyway. I don't want to spend the time to OC this puter since I've got Conroe stuff coming in and time is of the essence!! :D
 
Back
Top