QNIX UHD4020R - New Korean Monitor - 40" UHD FreeSync Curved

Looks like i'm also getting a weird horizontal motion artifact as well.

I was watching that Mass Effect: Andromeda 4k demo, and this charming defect showed up;
https://gfycat.com/CriminalAnimatedCollardlizard

Not present when watching lower resolution videos. Hard to tell if it shows up in games, I can test tomorrow but it's late right now.

On a side note, managed to overclock the display to 68hz.

Last edited:
I contacted the seller on Amazon (RED TAB) on Friday night regarding a return, still no response at all.

Well, this is really too bad to hear, looks like we will need to keep hunting for an affordable large scale 4k..

Amazon seller contacted me and has provided a prepaid shipping label, gave me no problems requesting a return/refund, so no complaints there.

Question guys: Who should I get it from? and how do i know i am NOT getting one of your returns? ebay - accessories or amazon? point is if all good, then doesnt matter but if i need to return who is better?
wEvil - can i ask who the amazon seller was who didnt give you any troubles?

The seller is RED TAB. I think they must list the item as a refurbish or open-box if it isn't a new unopened item.

Had to create a new ID jokergamer here so why not use the ku6300 as a monitor?? If response time is that good
Due to ghosting for Windows?? Just curious

Are the colors and backlight bleed that bad that u have to return it??? I guess u already made up your mind

Had to create a new ID jokergamer here so why not use the ku6300 as a monitor?? If response time is that good
Due to ghosting for Windows?? Just curious

Are the colors and backlight bleed that bad that u have to return it??? I guess u already made up your mind

I love my 6290. No bleed at ALL.

It looks nice. Has good features, but its size is a bit too small for me. I want a 44", but that's not really a panel size made for 4K. 50" would be a good next size.

It seems people quickly disregard pixel pitch. 40" is actually going to put the pixel pitch at about the same size as you would get on a 27" 2560x1440 monitor. Going up to 48" for example puts you at a pixel pitch that's a little worse than the older 2560x1600 monitors like the HP ZR30w and the Dell 3007WFP-HC. Also, the afore mentioned 48" size is going to be slightly better than a 50". Samsung now only makes 49" and larger panels for some of its better TVs for gaming. (As far as I know.) To my knowledge no one makes a pure 44" monitor. Everything north of 40" is going to be a TV generally speaking.

I really dont like 4k, cards barely run over 60fps on this resolution. Is there no monitor like this that has 1440p or 2k resolution???

I'm having a hard time understanding the second part of your post. First off, you are referencing the second part of the resolution which is the vertical height. A "4k" monitor is 2160P. That's your "2k resolution" right there. A "1440P" monitor is 2k (2560) x 1440P. Hence my confusion. In any case you wouldn't want a 1440P monitor at 40" or larger in size. The pixel pitch would be absolute shit on a display of that size just as it is on anything over 27".

here's an idea: don't run games at 4K. why would you limit yourself to a lower resolution in EVERYTHING for ONE application?

You can certainly run a 4K display at lower resolutions but you don't always get the proper pixel mapping. Even when you do it isn't the best quality image. When you don't, it's blurry and looks like shit.

Because then your forced to window the game and it will look much smaller to the eye than being full screen on a native 2k screen monitor....

No you aren't. You can scale the image and run it full screen. In some cases many 4K displays can do 1:1 pixel mapping for 1920x1080. It isn't ideal but I would do that for gaming over using windowed mode.

From what i understand, if you lower the resolution to 1440p in a game on a 4k monitor, would it NOT look blurry in full screen mode? Just like running any other resolution that isn't native to the monitor itself, it does not scale the pixels properly, it would look blurry no matter what compared to a native 1440p monitor.

1440 won't scale 1:1 on a 4k display. It will always look blurry and shitty. 1080 does or at least can be mapped 4:1 which works out pretty good.

The software company I work for is asking me to find large scale (35-40") 4K screens, so I have been keeping an eye on these.
How would you feel about them for coding screens, and zero gaming or media? Does text look clear?

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that you want to stick to around 40" for 4k displays if you want the text to look good without having to adjust the text scaling for everything.

I would like to add to this, that on OSX if you disable font smoothing, all the fonts will look a tiny bit smaller.

For the best experience on OSX, in my opinion, you want a 40 inch screen which is RGB (not BGR) so it will look familiar.

No posts in sometime. I guess not much buyers at this price

The inconsistent color images that buyers posted turned most people off completely, regardless of the cost. Doubtful we are going to hear much more about this screen.
Better luck next year y'all.

I own(ed) this unit for 3 weeks. I returned not bc i don't like it but bc it malfunctioned after about a week. I'm considering to get another unit but have heard about other upcoming 40UHD Curved models.
Yes I saw a lot of backlight bleeding but it really didn't matter for my daily usage. (reading webpage, watching videos, playing war thunder games, doing stock charts and trading etc.)
As for input lag, I don't feel any when playing War thunder game, and I think my own response time is the bottleneck here. LOL.
Most importantly I like the submersion with a huge and curved screen in front of me, gaming or daily usage. It just feels more comfortable than flat models when you are sitting close to a huge screen.
It can hit UHD/60hz/444/10bc. It uses the same or similar logic board as Wasabi Mango 4xx series.
I own Wasabi Mango UHD400 and Alpahscan 4077 (good overall though could only hit UHD/60hz/444/ -8bc).

Back