QNIX UHD4020R - New Korean Monitor - 40" UHD FreeSync Curved

iBurgerr

n00b

This monitor is interesting. Priced at 649,000 won which is about $570 us. Ebay prices will likely be higher though. The image above comes from some Korean review site that you might wanna check out.
  • 40 inch
  • Curved
  • FreeSync
Some more info:
- review with lots of pictures - link
- listing with 649,000 price - link
- korean news site - link

Looks like I bought the very first one listed on eBay, hopefully it's much better than my old A409U which only lasted a month...

Nice that it has Freesync, but it's too pricey for its size and especially since there's not much of a warranty.

It looks nice. Has good features, but its size is a bit too small for me. I want a 44", but that's not really a panel size made for 4K. 50" would be a good next size.

I really dont like 4k, cards barely run over 60fps on this resolution. Is there no monitor like this that has 1440p or 2k resolution???

I really dont like 4k, cards barely run over 60fps on this resolution. Is there no monitor like this that has 1440p or 2k resolution???
here's an idea: don't run games at 4K. why would you limit yourself to a lower resolution in EVERYTHING for ONE application?

Because then your forced to window the game and it will look much smaller to the eye than being full screen on a native 2k screen monitor....

Because then your forced to window the game and it will look much smaller to the eye than being full screen on a native 2k screen monitor....

The hell?

No, you change the settings in the game just like any other game for the past 30 years, only you keep Fullscreen enabled.

Maybe if this was one of the 27" Korean monitors without a scaler, but this can handle multiple resolutions, up to and including 4K. This goes for all of the 40" 4K Korean monitors I've seen, including the 40" 4K Phillips I run and love, and which I'll probably replace with the curved Freesync version soon.

Seriously, just wtf @ this nonsense. This is about as bad as people not understanding most non-cheapo Ultra Widescreen monitors can run 16:9 and 4:3 just fine, only scaled...

From what i understand, if you lower the resolution to 1440p in a game on a 4k monitor, would it NOT look blurry in full screen mode? Just like running any other resolution that isn't native to the monitor itself, it does not scale the pixels properly, it would look blurry no matter what compared to a native 1440p monitor.

I'm in the marker for this type screen. I currently run 2 pcs with SE42UM 42" Class 4K Ultra HDTV at @4k @60hz with some settings turned down depending the game. Each pc has only 980ti planning upgrade when 1080ti prices are 600 or 1080 is 450.. for now the 980ti over clocked to 1080 spec is good enough for me. Only does 4:2:2 I think but reading the txt is very easy 99.99%the time. Purchased for 220 with 20$ ebay Cashback so hard to beat the price. Want another one but lowest price is 279 on ebay currently. Wish for recommendations.. budget of about 550 and don't care size 40-50 is good

Looks like a great screen. Must be same panel that Philips is launching too, exepct with Freesync and LOS/Gaming settings? I wonder what the Freesync range is, and if the panel can be overclocked.

BTW those who do custom ultra-widescreen resolutions on 40" TV's (like 3860x1600) would Freesync still work at these resolutions or does Freesync only work at native resolution at fullscreen?

Looks like a great screen. Must be same panel that Philips is launching too, exepct with Freesync and LOS/Gaming settings? I wonder what the Freesync range is, and if the panel can be overclocked.

BTW those who do custom ultra-widescreen resolutions on 40" TV's (like 3860x1600) would Freesync still work at these resolutions or does Freesync only work at native resolution at fullscreen?

I'd like to know this too.

I hope they make a g-sync variant, I have no interest in even dabbling with team red atm.

Nope not the same panel for a couple reasons. The Phillips is a 3000R curve and this is a 2000R + every Korean monitor is typically repurposing 1-2 year old panels. In this case either the JU6500 or JU7500 from 2015. I'm leaning toward it being a JU6500 which is kind of unfortunate because there's a huge difference in pixel response and motion blur between the two.
That's interesting. Can you explain why you think it's based on the 6500 and not the 7500 panel? You are probably right (I have no specific knowledge of this), I'm just curious about all the details. Unless this monitor tests out poorly, I think I will be getting one soon.

Awesome find, thanks. The only big question in my mind was input lag. If I read that right, it looks like about 30ms. Not great, but I wouldn't call it bad either. This is not a fast refresh monitor, and not really a top choice for gaming. Under those circumstances, so far it's looking good to me.

Long time lurker.. waiting to purchase this winter...AngryLobster.. please post some reviews even brief..
a) like PWM (look at Amazon seller's answer below)..they advertise as PWM free
b) You say low input lag and the KS8000 is around 23ms in 4k - u think roughtly the same?
c) Any ghosting moving around windows : I will moving windows quite often for productivity and trading
d) any issues with gaming at 1440p
e) any burn in issues like the Philips monitors?
f) Can i ask where u bought it? Amazon or ebay?

thanks much

Hi, is this a 10 bit panel? does it comes amd freesync enabled out of the box and what's the frequency for freesync?
Answer:
Hi. 1.07B Color Depth means 10bit color, and it is not supporting freesync.
By RED TAB SELLER on November 3, 2016

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Mixing RGB side monitors with a center BGR monitor (this one) - is that possible? if I am not spanning a window across all monitors or gaming in widescreen mode?

That's such a cool review. I'm also glad you like the curve. I had some discussions with people before on the merits, and it seems that the curve is really not a bad thing. They say you quickly get adjusted to it. -- As for me, I was very interested if this monitor is again a BGR screen, and your report, and "wasabimangohz" at the level1techforum indeed confirm that it is a BGR. [link]. He also uploaded a video. Pretty cool stuff.

thank you very much. the review gives me the sense as to what to expect going in. At least unlike the wasabi mango uhd400 which says PWM free but actually does have flickering at lower brightness, this one is true to claim. So
a) Is this certainly a better choice than the Wasabi Mango UHD400? Any advantages the UHD400 have over this?
b) This is BGR.. i need to think how that will affect my side RGB monitors which i will have in potrait mode

From what i understand, if you lower the resolution to 1440p in a game on a 4k monitor, would it NOT look blurry in full screen mode? Just like running any other resolution that isn't native to the monitor itself, it does not scale the pixels properly, it would look blurry no matter what compared to a native 1440p monitor.
I realize this is a slightly older post, but I find this to be the case. I currently have a 40" 4K just not curved and if I set it to a lower resolution and keep it maximized, it will not look sharp since it is not the native resolution. If I put it in windowed mode (and don't take up the whole screen), it looks a lot better.

Also just a comment on this monitor... pretty interesting they did one at this size and made it curved. I thought the 40" was slightly too big when I got it, but have since become used to it. Curved may help reduce that over-size feeling at first too.

I bought one for work because it can do the multiple input thing. So far so good, and it looks really good in single mode. Since these are work mostly *nix computers I am fairly limited in the adjustments.

Not sure of the panel exactly but it is definitely similar to the VA-types my JS9xxx use.

Can you post a picture between maybe 2 monitors? So what if u have backlight bleed.. will you even notice when u are in a game or doing some work.. you are not looking at the edges are u? (sorry just trying to be optimistic)

I moved my desk around and as a result sit much lower relative to the monitor. Holy back light bleed. Wasn't visible where I sat before higher up but this is horrendous.

What sucks is it looks normal because the bleed is symmetric. Probably another side effect of a curved screen but I'm going to try and fix it with the gaps in the frame or something otherwise it's going back.

Who did you order from?

Hmm, Lots of BLB on that.

I hope you got a bad egg, I'm a big fan of these Korean Monitors.

Wonder if there will be any thanksgiving sale for this? I guess this is the only option (Wasabi : High input lag and not flicker free)

Wonder how it compares to the Crossover 405k: i dont think that has Freesync even though flicker free

Can confirm the backlight bleed is awful.

I've tried calibrating with an eye1 and... it's kind of bad, honestly. I'm running off an AMD 480x so it can't quite push 4k pixels in games like I'd prefer, but they look just fine.

My 27" IPS screens blow it out of the water though, if you're after accurate colors and get irritated by uniformity issues, this screen is not for you.

The software company I work for is asking me to find large scale (35-40") 4K screens, so I have been keeping an eye on these.
How would you feel about them for coding screens, and zero gaming or media? Does text look clear?

The software company I work for is asking me to find large scale (35-40") 4K screens, so I have been keeping an eye on these.
How would you feel about them for coding screens, and zero gaming or media? Does text look clear?

So far so good here, no pixel blur. Only using for work and mostly blobs of text. Currently running at 30hz until they get around to giving me a new laptop dock with real DP 1.2 that was promised months ago, though when I do the quad 1080p at 60hz it is smooth.
Having the right video out is a big deal imo, lots of gotchas like some U-series cpus and many docks won't do 60hz @ 4k.

I'm still waiting on a response from the seller about my panels horrendous backlight bleed and patches of horizontal and vertical lines from the terrible back light.

He's "sending the pictures to the manufacturer" but it seems like its just a ploy to buy time during the return window.

This is a known tactic from what I have read. Keep on the seller.

I think I'll be returning it, too.

The response times are so bad on this display that playing any kind of game on it is impossible, and the backlight uniformity is poor enough to make any color critical work or even casual browsing irritating.

I would probably be better off with a couple of 30" IPS displays.

Honestly for me the free sync really isn't cutting it. Compared to the QNIX 2710LED I'm using next to it, this is horrible. Hell, my old NEC PA271W handles motion better than this does.

I really wanted to like it but having tried my two current gaming darlings (TW3 and DX:MD)... they're just unplayable.

https://imgur.com/a/6h5uz - similar deal (this was taken with HDR, it doesn't look QUITE this bad but it's sure noticeable)

The motion handling does appear to be poor. Try going to amazon and scolling down a product list, there's an extremely pronounced shadow at the leading edge. It's not as bad in full-screen games, but it's distracting enough that it makes me want to continually blink.

It looks like ours are basically the same. You have that same dark shadow that appears like a indentation from the back light on the far left near the bezel and same crappy grey uniformity. You're making me hate this thing even more.

EDIT: You have response time set to off in the menu right?

I'm trying to find a decent alternative. Can't stand Ultrawides so dunno what else is out there.

I just made sure and response time is off, i also tried it on full bypass mode and the results were still tearing in high contrast situations ( https://gfycat.com/BigheartedSerpentineIndianpangolin )

I was very impressed with their 27" panel, and it looks like they have a 32" 4k IPS-based screen available (
QNIX3216R)

Tried it in exclusive fullscreen, with both vsync options and it's still pretty distracting. The BenQ monitor appears to lack freesync entirely, according to the amazon product page :-/

Back