Insomniator
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Dec 3, 2010
- Messages
- 250
Bought this maybe 4 years ago for less than 200 bucks, overclocks to 100hz -- seems pretty good to me. Definitely notice some backlight bleed (particularly on these forums!).
Is it total garbage by today's standards though? Figure its a panel from ~2013, while you can get a brand new 27" 1440p 1440 IPS for $300-400 these days. Hard to tell in stores / not side by side how much better a new monitor would be.
I'm also debating going ultrawide, but not sure its worth it when I mainly just play competitive online games that don't support it anyway.
Is it total garbage by today's standards though? Figure its a panel from ~2013, while you can get a brand new 27" 1440p 1440 IPS for $300-400 these days. Hard to tell in stores / not side by side how much better a new monitor would be.
I'm also debating going ultrawide, but not sure its worth it when I mainly just play competitive online games that don't support it anyway.