• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q9550 Normal VID Range

kirbyrj

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
31,345
What's the range of VID's for a Q9550? Mine is an E0 that is a 1.152V in CPU-Z under a load. It seems kind of low for being set on AUTO in bios, especially when with Speedstep it only throttles down to 1.065V.
 
That is about what I have on my older SLAWQ Q9550.
1.05V idle @ 2.0X GHz
1.15V full @ 2.83 GHz+

Currently I am running a wimpy overclock to around 3.05 GHz. I need this thing to be 100% stable 24/7 so I only bump it a little at a time.
 
From the Intel spec page: 0.85V – 1.3625V

Thanks.

I guess I was just wondering what the average person was getting on theirs also. I was just surprised when mine was running 1.15V. I would have thought it would have been closer to 1.25V based on what I had seen.

I guess that means the Q9550S chips are running even lower VID's. I wouldn't think it would really be worth it seeing as the speedstep voltage is only 1.05V which should be the same for both CPU's IIRC.
 
If you want to find your VID, just run Real Temp and it will tell you. Just checking your idle CPU voltage won't tell you the VID since Speedstep will be at work lowering your actual voltage, and there will be both inaccuracies in the measurement as well as a difference in voltage due to Vdroop.
 
Back
Top