• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Q9550 E0 Batch L847 = Awesome

m0h1t

n00b
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
37
Got this from microcenter a month ago, I was expecting a good chip but this is just awesome
Q9550 Batch L847C032, VID = 1.15v, 3.4Ghz stable at 1.08v Actual:D
I'm guessing it will do 4Ghz under 1.3v

2s9ayk3.png



Current OC
3.4Ghz (400x8.5) @ 1.08v Actual - Linpack Stable
Ram - Gskill PI Black 800Mhz 1:1 CL4 tRFC:48 PL7 1.9v
MCH/NB Voltage - 1.148v (1.100v Stock)
VTT - 1.21v (Stock)

Ambient Temp : ~28C

 
Last edited:
Isn't the min vid the 2.03 GHz / (lowest speedstep) vid?

For 2.03GHz my C stepping chip runs at ~1.05V and 1.15V at stock.
 
Last edited:
Isn't the min vid the 2.03 GHz / (lowest speedstep) vid?

For 2.03GHz my C stepping chip runs at 1.05V and 1.15V at stock.
Correct. The VID for running at the CPU's rated stock speed is the larger number. The smaller one is used when the CPU is idle and EIST is activated.
 
I've been itching to get myself one of these before Intel replaces them with the lower spec 6MB Q9XX5 edition cpu's. Dunno if i'll be able to hold out until C'mas. ;)

Anyone know when is the EOL for the Q9550??
 
Correct. The VID for running at the CPU's rated stock speed is the larger number. The smaller one is used when the CPU is idle and EIST is activated.

So you mean 1.025v is when EIST is enabled and the chip is downclocked?
I thought the max value is the maximum recommended vCore for stock speed and not VID.

How come I'm running stable a 20% OC at 1.08v :confused:

This is what everest says



CoreTemp reports 1.150 as VID, but then how come I'm able to achieve a 20% OC with undervolting?
1zsmep.png
 
Last edited:
So you mean 1.025v is when EIST is enabled and the chip is downclocked?
I thought the max value is the maximum recommended vCore for stock speed and not VID.

How come I'm running stable a 20% OC at 1.08v :confused:
Yes.
No.
Because you're undervolting your CPU and it's a good enough chip that it can handle it.
 
okay. Presently my ram is holding me back.
Lets see how far I can push it w/ a new ram kit.
 
My present kit is rated at 800mhz, used to do 900 just fine. Doesn't quite cut it now, it prolly degraded.
I tried 900mhz uptill 2.2v at CL5, didnt work.
 
My present kit is rated at 800mhz, used to do 900 just fine. Doesn't quite cut it now, it prolly degraded.
I tried 900mhz uptill 2.2v at CL5, didnt work.

Have you tried cutting the RAM multiplier back? spendy RAM really will not make a significant difference at the end of the day with regard to overall performance
 
My DRAM multi is linked to the FSB. I cant set ram frequency lower than that of the fsb.
Thats why i'm stuck at 400 :(

Will get a new kit within 7-8 days. Lets see how it goes, I always wanted to go past 4.7 :D
 
Last edited:
Got this from microcenter a month ago, I was expecting a good chip but this is just awesome
Q9550 Batch L847C032, VID = 1.15v, 3.4Ghz stable at 1.08v :D
I'm guessing it will do 4 GHZ under 1.3v

Looking at your Real TEmp 3.0 screen shot it shows your CPU speed at stock 2.8 GHZ speed. :confused:



What cooler are you using?

Not familiar with your batch number but I am familiar with the CPU. Great CPU, especially for the price that MC has it at.


I'm going to see if my Q9550 can run at your voltages.
 
Looking at your Real TEmp 3.0 screen shot it shows your CPU speed at stock 2.8 GHZ speed. :confused:
The first screenshot is with his CPU at stock settings. His next post with screens shows his overclocked settings.
 
The first screenshot is with his CPU at stock settings. His next post with screens shows his overclocked settings.

That makes sense.


I checked out my Q9550 E0 which has different Core VID requirements. (higher)

I wonder how important these Core VID minimums are.



Here is my Q9550 E0 set at standard clocks with 1.07 volts.

My DFI P45 JR T2RS MB would not allow lower voltage settings for the CPU.


GMSlowsettings.jpg




CPU-Z:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=738655
 
m0h1t post some CPU-Z screen shots with verification URL. I want to take a close look at your system.
 
Last edited:
Here is my Q9550 E0 set at standard clocks with 1.07 volts.

My DFI P45 JR T2RS MB would not allow lower voltage settings for the CPU.

CPU-Z:
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=738655

Is your chip stable at 2.83 @ 1.07v?

Well I'm having a hard time getting my Q9550 to boot at 3.4GHZ @ 1.08 volts.
I might be able to do it at 1.1 volts.

I'm not booting 3.4Ghz at 1.08, I'm doing it at 1.12v. At load while stressing w/ OCCT Linpack my vcore is 1.08v


Also how come your FSB VTT is set so low? 1.21v is the default at my end.
 
Last edited:
Is your chip stable at 2.83 @ 1.07v?



I'm not booting 3.4Ghz at 1.08, I'm doing it at 1.12v. At load while stressing w/ OCCT Linpack my vcore is 1.08v


Also how come your FSB VTT is set so low? 1.21v is the default at my end.


Thanks for posting CPU-Z verification. I thought you were posting 3.4@1.08 volts.

I lowered my voltages to try to match your system.

Seems stable at settings. I'll have to run OCCT on it some time to see how stable it is.

I want to see if you can go 4 GHZ at 1.3 volts.
 
Achieved a 3.8Ghz OC at 1.14v :D IBT Stable

Q9550 @ 3825Mhz (450x8.5) @ 1.14v Real (1.2v BIOS)
RAM 1:1 900Mhz CL5
MCH - 1.22v
VTT - 1.25v
BIOS Ambient Temp - 24*C

Nice eh? though the .06v vDroop is bad :mad:

2111iip.png
 
Last edited:
^^^Looks like you're at 1.20v according to CPU-z.

Where is that 1.14v @ 3.8 or did I miss the screenshot?

EDIT: Saw the vdroop and min...

Nice overclock and a sweet chip.
 
Last edited:
^^^Looks like you're at 1.20v according to CPU-z.

Where is that 1.14v @ 3.8 or did I miss the screenshot?

EDIT: Saw the vdroop and min...

Nice overclock and a sweet chip.

Thanks man :)
 
Last edited:
I just got a monster overclocker from Microcenter as well. It does 4.2ghz at 1.24 volts. Unbelievable!
 
I just got a monster overclocker from Microcenter as well. It does 4.2ghz at 1.24 volts. Unbelievable!

Ay cabron!!!! :eek:

Which Micro Center!!!! What is the date of the batch????

I might have to do a little side work to have to go buy one of these if you can pull off 4.5GHZ!!!!
 
Just picked up a Q9650 tonight. L847C037

Hit 4.4Ghz without much problems, and runs cooler than my Q6600 did at 3.6Ghz.

I'm pretty happy, if it only got to 3.8-4 it would have been a pretty lousy upgrade.
 
I got one too from Microcenter. My does 3.8 without any issues but sometimes 7 randomly shutdown without warning if it sits idle. It even random shutdown at default speed. This has never happen before on my 6300e. My mobo is a Asus P5ke wifi with corsiar HX 520. My event log shows event id 41 and event id 6008. This annoying me. Does anyone know what is the cause? Thanks.
 
Back
Top