Q9400 w/ ECS M-Atx G31 Intel board Fry's B&M $259

faudau

Limp Gawd
link

The difference between the Q9400 and Q9450 is that the former has half the cache at 6MB instead of 12.

Saw this today was on the fence about buying it, I decided to pick it up but Fry's changed my mind for me. Long story short no one wanted to help me at first, until they caught wind that I was getting irritated. Then the guy who decides to help me kept trying to talk me out of the motherboard (which you basically get free) anyway after he drug me back and forth to get the info then he gives me the motherboard and tells me to go to the desk for help. To basically go to the guy who ignored me before. I got fed up at the lack of interest and gave the store manager an earful about it. He was pretty pissed at the end of my rant so I know I got through to them.

anyway its a good deal since they sell the Q9400 was $275 normally (same price as the egg.)

The ECS board is a great clipboard.. Just scrape the chips, caps, slots, etc off first.

EDIT - Not to mention if you try and use it, you will have to return it 5 times to get a new one. They use the motherboard deals to dump broken product they can't return.

i am not a big fan os ECS but i have used plenty and only has issues with one and it was the audio.

the only ECS board I got (from a Fry's deal a couple years ago) worked great I never had any problems with it. It's now living out its days in my uncle's computer so i have no faults with them. I understand this is not the norm naturally but I wanted the 9450 and this chip seems a good deal, though truth be told the 9450 is at Microcenter for $280 by itself the extra cache is worth it me thinks.

My brother's current rig is a FRy's ECS bundle has been running great.

Is ECS a great board? NAh, but it works and can't beat the price of free.

Q9450 was a better deal along with the board they had then (ecs, but anything integrated that is not intel is better :D).

They do what they should 9/10 times.

My experience has been slightly different. Tho I have not used one in my own computer ever, I have had two specific problems that took multiple returns to fix(one return was for the wrong board in the box), and one attempted RMA that 3 months later resulted in buying a new board.

I still watch the deals and this one is not bad for the processor alone, but the boards, unless the person I'm building it for is REALLY on a tight budget, I toss the boards in the trash, still in the box. Done that with 7 this year so far, and about 3x that many last year.

Just one question.... How do you people with Fry's close to you ever have any money? ;)

Just one question.... How do you people with Fry's close to you ever have any money? ;)
We don't. :D

I have had a couple ECS boards running HTPCs for years now. Don't expect much, and you won't be let down. :)

we don't.:(

I actually applied to fry's once, then turned around and took the application out of the girl's hands. I trashed it after I left the store becuase I didn't want her to see me do that. I knew, esp with employee discounts on top of their deals, I'd never see a paycheck.:p

Do not buy that ECS board!

I bought the E8500 + ECS G31T-M combo at Fry's this weekend, and once installed it would freeze half way through the bios POST. When I returned it, a guy working there said he had the same problem.

I have owned an ECS board in the past (K7S5A.. good mobo, although it died after 2 years), so I'm not dissing the brand, just that particular model.

Do not buy that ECS board!

I bought the E8500 + ECS G31T-M combo at Fry's this weekend, and once installed it would freeze half way through the bios POST. When I returned it, a guy working there said he had the same problem.

I have owned an ECS board in the past (K7S5A.. good mobo, although it died after 2 years), so I'm not dissing the brand, just that particular model.

You don't buy it for the board, you get the processor for under retail cost (it is $275 on newegg) and a free board that you throw in your closet or on ebay. The Fry's ECS combo boards are known to be crap, but you can still sell them for $30, so you get the processor for $230.

Back