- Joined
- Jun 9, 2003
- Messages
- 7,091
I've been reading over quite a few accounts that the performance increase between my current system (Q6600 @ 3.0, other stuff in sig) and a high end i7 system (920 OCed best I can, 6gb RAM, Rampage II Formula) may not be that superior to be worth the price at current? On the other hand, since the current X58 and i7 setup is, to my knowledge, pretty much top of the line until at least this time next year, will there really be price drops (aside from DDR3 of course)?
I have a girlfriend ready to buy my newegg wishlist for me, but I don't want her to spend roughly $1000 on upgrades if its not necessary, and that there will be a huge price drop or better quality stuff coming out soon. Thanks.
I have a girlfriend ready to buy my newegg wishlist for me, but I don't want her to spend roughly $1000 on upgrades if its not necessary, and that there will be a huge price drop or better quality stuff coming out soon. Thanks.