G'day,
At work we got a bunch of new 2nd hand computers. They are Q6600s running at stock speeds and I was running simulations on them, after much pain getting them to run multicore via MPI, I thought I'd check out the temps using CPUID HWMonitor.
To my surprise after just a few minutes they were running at 75-80 degrees, which kinda scared me a bit. This is with stock cooling, no overclock at all, and 100% CPU usage running simulations.
Is that too hot for a Q6600? I know my E6600 used to give warnings at 60 degrees, and my i5 maxes out at about 65 degrees (with the stock intel fan screaming like a bitch... really need to upgrade that cooler).
Given we just got these computers I really dont want to fry them!
Cheers,
Tudz
At work we got a bunch of new 2nd hand computers. They are Q6600s running at stock speeds and I was running simulations on them, after much pain getting them to run multicore via MPI, I thought I'd check out the temps using CPUID HWMonitor.
To my surprise after just a few minutes they were running at 75-80 degrees, which kinda scared me a bit. This is with stock cooling, no overclock at all, and 100% CPU usage running simulations.
Is that too hot for a Q6600? I know my E6600 used to give warnings at 60 degrees, and my i5 maxes out at about 65 degrees (with the stock intel fan screaming like a bitch... really need to upgrade that cooler).
Given we just got these computers I really dont want to fry them!
Cheers,
Tudz