you are starting to make yourself look a bit silly. I guess it does not do any good to keep explaining to you that a faster cpu will not help you run more AA.
Dido
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
you are starting to make yourself look a bit silly. I guess it does not do any good to keep explaining to you that a faster cpu will not help you run more AA.
im sure steam will put it on sale for 19.99 in 6 months.. no i am not talking about COD, talking about BF3
and yes i agree any new game coming out in 2012 will need more cpu power..
it allows it to see the full amount of installed ram but you cannot utilize any more of it then before that patch.
BF3 might not care... The person playing may though. There's no question an i5/i7 is going to provide you with significantly higher fps.
Not enough to justify the upgrade. Sandy Bridge is the logical choice IMO if you're going to upgrade... Actually, the logical choice is to run it with your current setup and if you want more performance, then decide. I'll say it again, a Q6600, especially at 3.3GHz is more than capable of running the game.
I dont plane on playing BF3 until steam offers it as a download.
If it takes 6 months so be it.. Ivy will be out then
That will never happen with Origin being EA's new DD platform. So you can wait till the moon falls to the earth.![]()
Got a Q6600 @ 3.3Ghz and a HD6950 1GB and MSI Afterburner showed only 70% of the GPU is used. Probably gonna bump up the OC and see what happens.
I bumped my Q6600 G0 to 3.6ghz and 6950 is showing 98% usage.
im sure steam will put it on sale for 19.99 in 6 months.. no i am not talking about COD, talking about BF3
and bf3 will run better then too 'cause right now it's barely playable.
render.perfoverlayvisible 1
Let me guess. So though no one from EA nor DICE has said its going to steam you just know in your precious little heart that it is going to happen.
Yes because i know steam.. My little heart is bigger than your little brain.
Yes because i know steam. My little heart is bigger than your little brain.
Actually...significantly higher may be over stating the performance. don't hype him up only to gain 5 fps over overclocking his Q6600. My Q9550 does just fine and i'm not overclocking.
Curious, not being a player of the genre, but does bF3 take advantage of multi threading?
Ha, you wish. The only thing known so far is how big a fool you look for thinking such a thing.![]()
I am no fool.. I think you need to research how much money valve and steam make. It might be 6 months or a year but it will come. EA does offer games, blizzard doesnt.. They dont need too. EA does with their crappy programming. They will offer it eventually because they know once it stops making money on their crappy download service they will move it over to others.
Can you please stop with the insults you violating the rules of the forum.. No one is attacking you personally and calling you names
Last night I tried playing Ultra settings with no MSAA on my 6950 1GB Crossfire and the system in my sig.
I would get massive stuttering and freezing in big multilayer maps like Caspian Border. Is this because of my 1GBVRAM limit? Should I try tuning off Hyper Threading? My CPU should be ok right? I'm going to try on High settings tonight and see how it does.
So running that command, is the q6600 the bottleneck in bf3? at say 1920x1200?
what will happen is that his power supply would go poof. he is already pushing it too hard.The q6600 is the bottleneck. Try overclocking it to 3.6Ghz and see what happens.