Q4 out early for aussie's

for once they get something ahead of us, about time... i see one too many times they left in the cold while we enjoying it

Did anyone notice that the water from the Edge is missing that was in Q2?

edge1.jpg

Yea, they did a few changes in the map layout for The Edge, as I don't think it even had Quad Damage originally, and it was in the videos I got linked to just a minute ago in the Quakecon channel.

so_cal_forever said:
Team Blur, the guys behind the Quake 2 Evolved engine, are planning to make a CTF mod like the old rune-style CTF.

That is sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad ass. I am so getting this game now. I played CTf for like 8yrs

mines been pre-ordered for a week now, cant wait for it to arrive... and for those interested in rune style ctf, q4 comes out the box with arena ctf, which is based slightly on q3 team arena (think scout/guard etc runes), it might not look as special as some were hoping but i have been playing q3 for the last 6 yrs with it turned down to lego looking graphics, the gfx mean squat compaired to the gameplay :)

slunge said:
mines been pre-ordered for a week now, cant wait for it to arrive... and for those interested in rune style ctf, q4 comes out the box with arena ctf, which is based slightly on q3 team arena (think scout/guard etc runes), it might not look as special as some were hoping but i have been playing q3 for the last 6 yrs with it turned down to lego looking graphics, the gfx mean squat compaired to the gameplay :)

That ctf sucks tho, thats why there is a need for this new ctf.

That last screenshot makes me even more think that Q4 looks just as Q3 in terms of GFX quality.

ScYcS said:
That last screenshot makes me even more think that Q4 looks just as Q3 in terms of GFX quality.
So, your comparing

q4dm827qn.jpg

to

Click bottom image for the full 1600x1200 shot

I gotta say, I think Quake 4 looks alot better.

It looks a little better. For sure not "a lot".....

One might say that i F.E.A.R. for Quake4's success.

Always was a big Quake fan, but somehow this one just doesn't feel right to me.

I personally find FEAR to have too slow of a pace for me, but I got to play some Quake 4 MP at Quakecon, and I had alot of fun, so its got my vote hands down.

i didnt read thru this whole thread but when does it release in the US?
I reserved a copy about a month ago, cuz im a Q3A whore and thought id better get this if its anyhting like Q3A.

Xipher said:
I personally find FEAR to have too slow of a pace for me, but I got to play some Quake 4 MP at Quakecon, and I had alot of fun, so its got my vote hands down.

If FEAR's MP was at a slow pace for you, it may have been because you were only playing on a 6 person server. 16 person games are freaking electric.

Cold Dark Shadow said:
i didnt read thru this whole thread but when does it release in the US?
I reserved a copy about a month ago, cuz im a Q3A whore and thought id better get this if its anyhting like Q3A.

Its "officially" out tommorow but many stores have started selling it yesterday.

I just picked up Q4 after work. I'm not really sure what I think of it yet. It's kinda cool I guess since it's a new Quake and new graphics engine, etc. On the other hand, it feels like more of an upgrade to Q3 than a new game. I don't know if this was a $50 well spent. The aiming doesn't seem to be very precise either.

Back