• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Put CPU shim on sideways, won't boot

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 16, 2000
Messages
9,509
So I had a Mobile 2600. I was installing my SI-97, and I removed part of the sticker covering a few bridges on the top of the CPU, and installed the shim then the heatsink. Won't boot. I try a lot of things, no go.

I remove heatsink, the shim was installed 90 degrees off, to the left, so part of the copper had been covering the traces. I put it the right way, reinstall heatsink.

Still won't boot =\

Did I fry my CPU? My system is in my sig.

Please help :(
 
go to amds corporate website
www.amd.com

in the search box lookup "rma presentation"

there will be a link for the RMA presentation.pdf form

in that form is a "how too" that will show you how to test for a shorted cpu.

shims were only meant for CPGA, classic athlon and durons, they were never meant nor recommended for OPGA substrates...that would be the newer socket A cpu's

MD
 
Back
Top