pulling away from EVGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SazanEyes

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - January 2011
Has anyone else noticed we seem to have reversed course a bit as far as team output? I think at one point we were 1.3 months from being overtaken by EVGA, but that number has been slowly going up to 1.7 months today.

That doesn't mean they still won't overtake us, but we're not making it easy. :D

Not so much pulling away as delaying the inevitable. But hey, the longer we can delay them, the better!

The problem is they are putting up 3 million more points per day. To even level out what they are doing we'd need 20 more SR-2's with overclocked dual hex's doing about 150k per day. I think our strength is in our long term commitment. If the EVGA bucks program were to ever go away, so would their folding but we would still be here.

it fluctuates.. a few updates they will be 1.7 then it will go back to 1.3 just depends on the people doing bigadv WU's and if they all update at the same time or a bunch of them get the slow bigadv WU's..

Yeah, the output from EVGA is kind of like a sine wave, depending on what time of the month it is. They might just be on the downside to the output for now. They've been gaining on us pretty steady for many, many months now....

42 276 Poland 340991549 709844
49 2654 Hewlett Packard 288348703 565762
96 117 The Knights Who Say Ni! 108617265 650259

lol I found these funny.

it fluctuates.. a few updates they will be 1.7 then it will go back to 1.3 just depends on the people doing bigadv WU's and if they all update at the same time or a bunch of them get the slow bigadv WU's..
That's exactly right. I haven't seen the overtake get below 1.5 months or above 1.6 months recently, but it's generally in the one-and-a-half month area. Which means at summer's finale (end of Sept start of Oct) they will be here unless something unforeseen transpires in our favor...

Yeah, the output from EVGA is kind of like a sine wave, depending on what time of the month it is. They might just be on the downside to the output for now. They've been gaining on us pretty steady for many, many months now....
Yup, like a slow moving tidal wave....

And it seems that Tiger is back, so that will help slow it a bit. I hope to start getting more consistent starting next week. My internet was down for 23 hours yesterday. I am moving next Thursday and changing ISP's. I will probably be down for a couple days, but it will be for the better in the long run. Also, I hope to get a couple more machines working in our favor in the very near future too, that way when winter comes, I won't even need heat. :D:D

Fish :cool:

That's exactly right. I haven't seen the overtake get below 1.5 months or above 1.6 months recently, but it's generally in the one-and-a-half month area. Which means at summer's finale (end of Sept start of Oct) they will be here unless something unforeseen transpires in our favor...

Yup, like a slow moving tidal wave....

Except waves recede. :(

so because of EVGA bucks we should all swap to their team, and then get free EVGA hardware to come back here and use against them?

jk, jk, but ya, its nice to see that its been at 1.5 months or so for a little bit....

so because of EVGA bucks we should all swap to their team, and then get free EVGA hardware to come back here and use against them?

jk, jk, but ya, its nice to see that its been at 1.5 months or so for a little bit....

You can only spend the bucks on EVGA's online store... where all the stuff is over priced by 30-50%

No thanks.

You can only spend the bucks on EVGA's online store... where all the stuff is over priced by 30-50%

No thanks.

good point, forgot the only real good thing they have for pricing is their B Stock mobo's.....i saw a 275 in there for $250 and couldnt believe it...

We nearly hit 6,000,000 points last 24hr update!! :eek: :eek:

We have been increasing slowly over the last 3 weeks, our overtake was arou d sept 20th, now it's early October. Either way were gonna get stuck but it's good atleast were pushing back, and we don't have a major company behind us pushing the buttons. We've actually done quite well considering ALL the promos they are and have run.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Hopefully I'll get a chance to put my upcoming 14 HS22s to work for us. The sucky part is that they're due to arrive just as I'm leaving for the States for VMworld. I hope in the week I'm gone someone doesn't touch my stuff and set it up prematurely.

Build a cage for the HS22's and get a padlock. Pay the delivery guy $20 to put them in there and lock them up if you are not there. As long as you have the key, no one can screw with them.

Fish :cool:

Go for it! More Bucks in the right hands means more hardware Folding means we all win!

...and an extra 250k points per month per person for EVGA would be cool, too. ;)

Go for it! More Bucks in the right hands means more hardware Folding means we all win!

...and an extra 250k points per month per person for EVGA would be cool, too. ;)

Folding FTW:D

EVGA Hmmmm.......

LOL!!!!!!!

I actually fell out of my chair when I read that, rofl stomp'd my ass around the room lol!!

You guys ever get tired of sounding like a broken record?

no coz it ain't broken.. Seriously do you really think that the evga bucks program and all the other sponsored deals will still be around once you are number 1???

I realize that we must sound like a broken record to you, but you have to understand that this is how we get people fired up. Getting people fired up is a good thing because it increases our output and, as a result, increases the amount of science that is done.

EVGA getting involved is probably the best thing that could have happened to Folding@Home. Without their bonus programs and sponsorships, they would have never caught us. And without any serious competition, our output would have gone down and down. Now that they are about to pass us, we need a rallying cry to keep our troops motivated. The end result is an arms race between two serious contenders that only results in more science being done. What is there to complain about?

This is a friendly competition, please don't see it as anything else.

There's no denying EVGA's program brought in a lot of folders that wouldn't otherwise be folding, so in the end that team is good for the project as a whole.

It might make us community-based teams a little pissed that a corporately-backed team is marching to the top spot, but that's ok too. It's all to be expected when the playing field isn't quite fair.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep plugging away for the #1 community-based team in the world.

My suggestion is to keep the cross-talk between teams to a minimum.

never said i have a problem with you guys folding for evga.. i have a problem with the way the company conducts their business involving the F@H team and until that changes you guys will always be the brunt of every half ass joke i can think of until pande group pulls their heads out of their asses and does something..

but hey.. no one forces you to read the DC section of [H].. plenty of other sections you can go read if you dont like reading what some of us have to say about your team.. just like we have the option of not reading EVGA's forum....

There's no denying EVGA's program brought in a lot of folders that wouldn't otherwise be folding, so in the end that team is good for the project as a whole.

It might make us community-based teams a little pissed that a corporately-backed team is marching to the top spot, but that's ok too. It's all to be expected when the playing field isn't quite fair.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep plugging away for the #1 community-based team in the world.

My suggestion is to keep the cross-talk between teams to a minimum.

yeah it did.. but when either the evga bucks stop or PG finally forces them out of the non profit section of F@H stats the evga team will just fall apart.. but hey not my problem..

/back to the regular programing of "lets make fun of team I fold for fake evga bucks"

Last edited:
um the only company thats involved in F@H? who else? i figured that was self explanatory with the above quote..
no, not "who".

I'm wondering why you have a problem with the way the company conducts their business involving the F@H team

Do I like the fact that they're about to mow us? No.

Do I have a problem with the fact that a corporation is motivating people to fold by providing incentives? Since it's good for the project as a whole, no I don't.

maybe it's time that I start overclocking my shaders ... :(

point being ... we could conceivably up our ppd as a team if all current members optimized their respective F@H installs whether be cpu or gpu clients .. I just in the last couple months started using the passkey thing .. since I started I just installed the clients and ran them vanilla without any flags or what not .. I only moderately OC my cpu and nothing else ..

..shame on me I suppose :eek:

no, not "who".

I'm wondering why you have a problem with the way the company conducts their business involving the F@H team

Do I like the fact that they're about to mow us? No.

Do I have a problem with the fact that a corporation is motivating people to fold by providing incentives? Since it's good for the project as a whole, no I don't.

The main problem most of us have is the fact that we can't compete with the incentives they can offer their members and exposure they get for recruits.

It's great they are involved. The science benefits. I just don't like the fact that a corporate team is competing with a community team. There should be another category for them is all I'm saying.

Fold On EVGA, but find another category.

The main problem most of us have is the fact that we can't compete with the incentives they can offer their members and exposure they get for recruits.

It's great they are involved. The science benefits. I just don't like the fact that a corporate team is competing with a community team. There should be another category for them is all I'm saying.

Fold On EVGA, but find another category.
while I agree, I'm not sure why we care so much.

We'll still know who the "true" #1 is.

Every other team EVGA has mowed will know who the "true" #1 is.

And even better, deep down inside, though they'll never admit it, EVGA also knows who the "true" #1 is :) :D

Until EVGA drops the bucks program entirely, and our teams race to 5 billion or something, EVGA will always be the champion of the "other" category, nothing else.

Again, meanwhile, I suggest we put our heads down and fold and let the things that we can't control worry about themselves.

To hell with EVGA, I got my Sparkle GTS 250 folding now for [H]. That is why EVGA is 1.7 month away. :p

They come here to bitch about us and our views lol, I've lurked there over a year and havnt seen our guys bitching about how they talk
o well, hello double standard, my name's Roth and I fold [H]ard

[H]ooah!!
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back