• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

pull the trigger i7-920

From those links, get the Corsair RAM with CAS 8.
 
Looks good.

I would get the OCZ Gold kit. They are rated the same as the Corsair 8 CL kit but look a little nicer to me. The ICs could be the same or maybe even better, who knows... I really like OCZ over Corsair for their support. I had some trouble stabilizing 1600mhz on AM3 platform and while OCZ support forum actually tried to help me, the Corsair rep kinda sounded like a dick. Both companies have always honored their rebates for me though. It comes down to which manufacturer you like more.
 
OCZ gold is very good indeed, i suggest them for stability, temperature and overclock.
 
My only comment is to check the motherboard's supported memory list....just to be safe...
 
well I dun did it now!! I bought the 920 and ocz gold memory. now to find the mobo. thanks for the replies
 
hmm I could upgrade for about $550, but i'd have to give up my pci sound card.

What's everyone using for PCI-E sound for gaming these days? Azuntech Forte? Something else?
 
Yup, the Forte is a solid PCIe x1 sound card for gaming. It's best if you have an empty slot some distance from your GPU though as it's prone to picking up EMI from video cards. The X-fi Titanium isn't a bad choice either, and the Asus Essence STX is considered one of the best sound cards for audiophiles (though it's not an ideal gaming card, better for listening to music).
 
hmm I could upgrade for about $550, but i'd have to give up my pci sound card.

What's everyone using for PCI-E sound for gaming these days? Azuntech Forte? Something else?

Why would you HAVE to get rid of your PCI sound card? There are plenty of X58 boards with PCI slots.. My P6T has one..
 
Why would you HAVE to get rid of your PCI sound card? There are plenty of X58 boards with PCI slots.. My P6T has one..

Yeah, I've got a PCI sound card (Xonar DS) and it's fine on my P6T SE. (Actually, the layout of the P6T is better than the Deluxe IMO because it allows you to run a RAID card, NIC, a dual-slot video card, a USB 3.0 card, and a PCI sound card.)
 
Back
Top