Psychonauts = $2.49 @ GOG

I will admit, this game is fun and I'm in my 30's :) It comes off seeming like a kids game but maybe it's that simplicity and fun atmosphere that make it so darned fun to play.

I like having all my games under 1 roof these days so I'll ask the classic question - can I activate it on steam if I purchase it through gog? (link blocked at work :()

I will admit, this game is fun and I'm in my 30's :) It comes off seeming like a kids game but maybe it's that simplicity and fun atmosphere that make it so darned fun to play.

its about kids not for them. tim schafer just likes goofy character design and bright colors (see monkey island, grim fandango, etc) :)

also this game is great!! i dont have the gog version, dunno if its different but my copy works fine on win7 x64 here...

Horrible Horrible game. If you didn't play this originally --- don't even try it. That's all I can think of is that this must be a game you originally had to have played when it first came out to appreciate. One of my least favorite oddball games I've ever tried. After reading so many positive reviews I felt like they all must have been a joke and I was the butt of the joke. I tried the game for a couple hours and HATED it. It's not worth playing again if somebody paid me. I surely can't be alone in my lack of comprehension for the positive aspect of this game!!!???

Horrible Horrible game. If you didn't play this originally --- don't even try it. That's all I can think of is that this must be a game you originally had to have played when it first came out to appreciate. One of my least favorite oddball games I've ever tried. After reading so many positive reviews I felt like they all must have been a joke and I was the butt of the joke. I tried the game for a couple hours and HATED it. It's not worth playing again if somebody paid me. I surely can't be alone in my lack of comprehension for the positive aspect of this game!!!???

I played it when it first came out (in fact I have the boxed copy on my shelf near me) and liked it *shrug*.

I think one can only enjoy Psychonauts if he/she has a sense of humor. I missed it when it first came out and picked it up a couple of years ago (when I was in college) and had a blast. If you haven't played it you're missing out.

To each his own, but in this case you are wrong. ;) It's a fantastic game.

I remember letting my son play the demo of this when he was a little too young to play it well. Might get this for him now that he's a "pro". I remember asking him about this game 1 day and he doesn't remember it. Does any one know how well the 360 controller works with this game? I read where people had a problem mapping the triggers, but they were older posts. Was wondering if MS's drivers had matured since then.

I never got around to finishing this game and I tossed the original CDs out a while back so I jumped on this. I'll play this after I finish ME2. I think I may still have my save games! Thanks OP!

Last edited:
I haven't tried it with a 360 controller so I can't verify it either way. I have no trouble with the keyboard/mouse, though, even after originally playing it with a gamepad.

I think most people would agree that the DRM that is built into Steam is well worth the service that comes with it. It is minimally intrusive, and makes your life a lot.

I use Steam quite a bit too but if I had to choose between GOG and Steam it would be GOG all day long. It doesn't matter what happens later on down the road, your backup copies will always work, the games are all up to date, and you don't have to deal with any BS offline mode which can have issues. I've been without my Steam games in the past because my internet connection was down and offline mode wasn't working for some reason.

To each his own but if you didn't play through the whole game then you aren't in a position to talk much about it. It was extremely creative and engrossing. Absolutely worth 3 bucks if this deal is still going on.

I use Steam quite a bit too but if I had to choose between GOG and Steam it would be GOG all day long. It doesn't matter what happens later on down the road, your backup copies will always work, the games are all up to date, and you don't have to deal with any BS offline mode which can have issues. I've been without my Steam games in the past because my internet connection was down and offline mode wasn't working for some reason.

i find disabling my NIC makes offline mode work perfect. if the PC has an IP it tries for a long time to connect and i think can get stuck. exit steam. disable NIC and reopen worked fine for me. it did piss me off for about 20 minutes till found out that little trick.

To each his own but if you didn't play through the whole game then you aren't in a position to talk much about it. It was extremely creative and engrossing. Absolutely worth 3 bucks if this deal is still going on.

I tried the game for about 3 hours and hated every moment of it, from the very first cutscene. I kept playing into it thinking this game has such good reviews --- it MUST get better! I played several of the levels --- the dark level where you are jumping after shapes, the snow level were you are fighting some tank thing as a boss, and the water jumping puzzle level. I have plenty of position to talk about something after three hours of suck. The jokes sucked, the characters sucked, the graphics sucked, the gameplay sucked. The whole thing was a terrible terrible mess in my opinion. There was not one single redeeming quality to the game and I say that in all seriousness! I seriously don't understand the draw... --- just my opinion

I tried the game for about 3 hours and hated every moment of it, from the very first cutscene. I kept playing into it thinking this game has such good reviews --- it MUST get better! I played several of the levels --- the dark level where you are jumping after shapes, the snow level were you are fighting some tank thing as a boss, and the water jumping puzzle level. I have plenty of position to talk about something after three hours of suck. The jokes sucked, the characters sucked, the graphics sucked, the gameplay sucked. The whole thing was a terrible terrible mess in my opinion. There was not one single redeeming quality to the game and I say that in all seriousness! I seriously don't understand the draw... --- just my opinion
I think one can only enjoy Psychonauts if he/she has a sense of humor.
[space]

<blink, blink>

What game are you talking about? It can't be Psychonauts.

"I am the milkman. My milk is delicious."

Back