• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU? : SLI card "code43 windows stopped device, reported trouble"

P10-17000

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
120
All of a sudden my PhysX device cannot start in Device Manager, could it be my 650W Corsair?

Is it possible that a power supply can just stop working all of a sudden and not power up a second SLI or CF card?

It worked for a day. then I was using a non-SLI mode game and it crashed, rebooted and when I can enable it, it won't go to 3D mode

Do you think a power supply can cause this, no porblems, then intermittent problems?

I have had the power supply for 5mos. and the second card for a day.

i7920 CPU @ 1.42
6GB RAM @ 1.66
GPU1 188W TDP
GPU2 171W TDP
 
Remove your main video card and make sure that the card itself isn't defective.
 
Weird, it started working again last night for a 5hr. agming session and now it doesn't work today.

Can I try it plugged to another computers PSU that is on?
 
Weird, it started working again last night for a 5hr. agming session and now it doesn't work today.

Can I try it plugged to another computers PSU that is on?

yes you can hook up the video card to a different PSU but that PSU must be off first. Jump start the PSU using the paper clip trick.

Did you actually rule out that either card were not defective? Also, what GPUs do you have?
 
I got a weird pattern on the second desktop once, 5870&260-216

Must be the card since I just got it, lasted a day or so, and hooking the two 6pins to a paperclipped PSU didn't help
 
Back
Top