• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PSU makes a high-pitched noise

sm8000

Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
525
I picked up a small 200W mATX PSU for an old Socket 7 system a couple of months ago at Fry's. A couple of things bug me about it, one is that it doesn't have that 0/1 switch on the back. Oh well. But the other thing is that everytime the power cable (from the wall) is plugged into it, a quiet high-pitched noise can be heard. It kind of bugs me, I unplug it at night to get to sleep, and I'm wondering if there's anything bad I should be aware of.
 
Usually that sound is caused by the power inverters in the psu resonating. While being annoying as hell (IMO a sign of a cheap psu), there is nothing to really to worry about.
 
Back
Top