PSU for X850 Crossfire

M a d c o w

Limp Gawd
Hey Everyone

What is the recommended PSU ( Wattage ) to juice up the X850 Crossfire Set up. ( Master & Slave ) Video cards

Thanks in advance for the replies

...or you could use Google. It's your friend.

From the Hardocp crossfire review
For this complete CrossFire experience, ATI is recommending a good 475 watt power supply.

LOL... I wouldn't use a 450 Watt P/S for an 850 Crossfire setup. Maybe if you only had 1 hard drive and 1 optical drive. If you're like most on here you've got a bunch of crap powered up on your PC... and the 850s are VERY power hungry cards. I was actually reaching the limits of my 480 Watt Antec Neo Modular P/S with a single 850 and all the other crap. Personally for me now... it's 600 watts or bust. :D Oh.. make sure it's a good supply. Doesn't need to cost you a fortune... but needs to be a good supply.

Poncho said:
LOL... I wouldn't use a 450 Watt P/S for an 850 Crossfire setup. Maybe if you only had 1 hard drive and 1 optical drive. If you're like most on here you've got a bunch of crap powered up on your PC... and the 850s are VERY power hungry cards. I was actually reaching the limits of my 480 Watt Antec Neo Modular P/S with a single 850 and all the other crap. Personally for me now... it's 600 watts or bust. :D Oh.. make sure it's a good supply. Doesn't need to cost you a fortune... but needs to be a good supply.
A good 475 watt psu should be fine.

If you want to be sure, you can find out here:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=844691

Back