PSU for next build

Tac

Limp Gawd
So I have a fairly dated system that I'm going to take out of my current case for my next build. I was wondering if I would be able to still use the PSU or if I should upgrade that as well.

The one I'm using now is 430watts rated at 26amps on the 12V rail

Will it be enough for this?
Q6600
Gigabyte DS3R
Corsair 2GB
EVGA 8800GT
LITE ON DVD Burner
Maxtor 220GB
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer

that one should work fine thought. what brand is your current? if it's antec go with it

We can't really tell whether your power supply is good enough without knowing the model, but chances are it won't as you haven't named it, as it might be generic or something. Either way, a HX520 is the way to go for an 8800GT single/SLI rig.

that one should work fine thought. what brand is your current? if it's antec go with it

No. Not if it's a True Power, True Power II / 2.0, Smart Power, Basiq (not sure about the last as it might be a Seasonic build, but the others are horrible).... a lot of Antec branded PSUs are utter trash.

I was under the impression that the newer Antecs are Seasonic builds.

before they weren't

I was under the impression that the newer Antecs are Seasonic builds.

before they weren't

The newer Antec PSUs are Seasonic made. silent-circuit just listed all the older non-Seasonic made Antec PSUs that are pretty much crap.

The Antec Trupower Trio, Neopower and Earthwatts line of PSUs are all Seasonic made and are of good quality, despite being lower quality Seasonic builds compared to some of Corsair's offerings.

But OP, what model PSU is that?

Sorry, I meant to put that in the first post but I got side tracked. It is an OCZ Modstream OCZ45012U does that make a difference?

Thanks for the help guys.

Looks like I'll be adding a 520HX to the list when build my next rig.

Back