PSP: Firmware 3.00 Released

Stugots

Supreme [H]ardness
I just ran Network Update on my PSP and it popped up and downloaded it...

Haha, sorry I beat you to the punch. i was really excited when I saw it found an update at the same time as reading that it is rumored to be released on the 22nd.

Son of a bitch, I cant update. It says my battery level is too low, even though its plugged in. I guess I'll have to wait for a quick charge to do it.

acascianelli said:
Son of a bitch, I cant update. It says my battery level is too low, even though its plugged in. I guess I'll have to wait for a quick charge to do it.

That's too bad :(

I got the update installed and I'm pissed. Pissed because to be able to control my PS3 with my PSP I need the PS3 with wifi (60GB) which I don't have. It was either 20GB or nothing ... Sony didn't think people with 20GB would have a PSP or what ? :/

acascianelli said:
Let me know how the PS1 emulator is. I read that you currently need a PS3 to download the PS1 games... true? I see absolutely no reason they would do that. Meanwhile, I'll stay at v1.5 and wait for an unofficial PS1 emulator :)

dj_2004 said:
Let me know how the PS1 emulator is. I read that you currently need a PS3 to download the PS1 games... true? I see absolutely no reason they would do that. Meanwhile, I'll stay at v1.5 and wait for an unofficial PS1 emulator :)

Yes you need a PS3 and there's no games yet ...

wait? you have to havea PS3 to DL PS1 games?

that's fucking retarded.. this makes me want to sell my PSP... :mad:

I'm pretty sure there is a way to download ps1 games directly from the PSP's webbrowser. (once they have some for DL of course)

RancidWAnnaRIot said:

I think they are making it so you can download via PSP's web browser in the future, but for the time being it is PS3 only.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:

It's from SONY, would you expect any less?

Is the psp worth it? I bought one the day it came out, and sold it about 2 months later. Is it worth it buying on again? What features have been added since the web browser, 2.0 firmware?

/337 said:
Is the psp worth it? I bought one the day it came out, and sold it about 2 months later. Is it worth it buying on again? What features have been added since the web browser, 2.0 firmware?

i don't think it's worth buying.. i use my PSP.. but i'm not so sure if it's really worth the amount i paid for it...

the main reason for holding on to my PSP is because of the PS1 emulation they planned to put into it... that's why i got pissed when this thread made it sound like you have ot have a PS3 to play PS1 games on the PSP

dj_2004 said:
I think they are making it so you can download via PSP's web browser in the future, but for the time being it is PS3 only.

you have got to be kidding. do they really think psp owners are buying ps3's? good lord, sony is fucking retarded. that makes me want to throw this thing against the wall.

fuck it.
ill stick to my 2.71, emulated 1.5 on the TA-082. (Ceramic white.) love the CPS2 emulator.

seriously, this has got to be the gayiest shit they have ever done..... oh wait.... umd.... :rolleyes:

dj_2004 said:

Have a link? So far the only announcements I've seen regarding those PS1 downloadables for PSP is that it will require PS3. I haven't seen anyone mention any alternate plans.

Yet another shining example of Sony's shoddy ideas at work :rolleyes:

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i don't think it's worth buying.. i use my PSP.. but i'm not so sure if it's really worth the amount i paid for it...

the main reason for holding on to my PSP is because of the PS1 emulation they planned to put into it... that's why i got pissed when this thread made it sound like you have ot have a PS3 to play PS1 games on the PSP

It's not that this thread made it *sound* that way, it's that that's the way it *is*.

DragonMasterAlex said:
It's not that this thread made it *sound* that way, it's that that's the way it *is*.

well.. for now anyway... i need to do a little research to confirm is eventuall yy ou will not need a PS3... i just don't have time right now..

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
well.. for now anyway... i need to do a little research to confirm is eventuall yy ou will not need a PS3... i just don't have time right now..

Have fun looking for that confirmation, my friend.

For the record, I wish this *weren't* true. When it was announced PSP would play PS1 games awhile back, I thought "Ooh, finally a reason to get a PSP!". Then they announced you had to have a PS3, and I realized it's not worth the cost. PS3 sucks.

DragonMasterAlex said:
Have fun looking for that confirmation, my friend.

For the record, I wish this *weren't* true. When it was announced PSP would play PS1 games awhile back, I thought "Ooh, finally a reason to get a PSP!". Then they announced you had to have a PS3, and I realized it's not worth the cost. PS3 sucks.

LOL.. thanks..

yea.. every month i'm more convinced to sell my PSP... bleh..

I just noticed another new feature. In the text input window there are now labels for shortcuts on the buttons.

Umm...FW 3.01 has been released...

"Revisions to strengthen security have been added."

...I haven't upgraded, I have a feeling they screwed something up big.

Who knows, I just read a few hours ago that there was a rumor that Sony found a bug in 3.00 and was releasing a 3.01 very soon. I didn't know it was this soon.

I can't find any news of it on any PSP news sites yet.

I'm waiting to see whats changed in 3.01 after somebody does a firmware dump.

Back