PSA: Windows 7 Preorder Deal Ending 7/11/09

Check your order status under Older Orders rather then Preorders

hey everyone, you might want to check your pre-orders, I just checked mine, I ordered 2 on the preorder on 7/9 and got me email etc, now site says it isn't there, I called customer service they say there is no preorder on my account, so I am out the windows 7 for the cheap price good luck with all of you.

ok, I don't even want to post this because of how much of an idiot I am, I wrote down in my notebook I preordered it from amazon, when in fact I preordered it from newegg. go ahead you know you want to say it ill smile and take it . :p

ok, I don't even want to post this because of how much of an idiot I am, I wrote down in my notebook I preordered it from amazon, when in fact I preordered it from newegg. go ahead you know you want to say it ill smile and take it . :p
It happens. I was also debating between the 2 and momentarily forgot where I wound up pre-ordering Win 7 from since it was the same price from either site. Then I remembered I went w/ Newegg over Amazon since they support [H]. :cool:

You dudes think it was a good idea to pre-order 3 to turn a profit? My intention was to keep one and sell two to pay for my one but with MS practically giving it away I doubt I will be able to get much over $50 for the upgrade edition.

It happens. I was also debating between the 2 and momentarily forgot where I wound up pre-ordering Win 7 from since it was the same price from either site. Then I remembered I went w/ Newegg over Amazon since they support [H]. :cool:

not anymore...:mad:
they kinda backstabbed Kyle here... (depends on your point of view... just ask him).

not anymore...:mad:
they kinda backstabbed Kyle here... (depends on your point of view... just ask him).
Yeah, I realized that a couple threads after I made that post. That's weird to not see Newegg have their weekly [H] deals.

I got charged $50 today for my Win7 preorder. I was expecting to get charged tomorrow, but no big deal if it shipped a day earlier.

I had 2 preorders, 1 from Newegg and 1 from Amazon, but I ended up canceling both a few days back. Already have Windows 7 through MSDNAA for awhile now, plus if I need another copy, I'll snag the student discount between now and January.

I got an e-mail about my Windows 7 pre-order from Newegg saying:

Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com

We're delighted we had what you were looking for!

Your order should be processed and ready for ship-out within 24-48 hours. Below is your order confirmation. Please keep a copy for your records.

Please click here to check order status.

My NewEgg copy arrived today. And my Digital River copy DLed last night.

One for the Main Machine, & one for the netbook....

I ordered two copies from Amazon back in June with the free shipping. When I saw the estimated delivery date of Nov 6th, I went back to Amazon on the 21st and changed my shipping to the next day delivery and damn if it didn't show up the very next day.....happily surprised.

I ordered two copies from Amazon back in June with the free shipping. When I saw the estimated delivery date of Nov 6th, I went back to Amazon on the 21st and changed my shipping to the next day delivery and damn if it didn't show up the very next day.....happily surprised.
Did you have to pay extra for next day delivery from Amazon? Looks like NE gave free next day delivery, apparently. :cool:

Yeah, it was about $7 bucks, what I consider a very reasonable rate for overnight delivery......and well, you should know what I think of Newegg at this point.

Never will I buy anything from TigerDirect again. Went with them to save little tax and cashback but should have just stuck with Amazon or Newegg. They shipped my order via the post office even though it was suppose to come via UPS. $200 worth of software with no tracking via the post office which sucks around my area.

Yeah, it was about $7 bucks, what I consider a very reasonable rate for overnight delivery......and well, you should know what I think of Newegg at this point.
Yeah, I heard "rumors" about what NE did to [H], but I pre-ordered mine well before that fiasco and stayed w/ it.

Even if NE had taken a week to ship it, no biggie since I don't plan to do the upgrade until the Thanksgiving 4-day weekend.

If you end up buying stuff on amazon frequently that isn't shipped for free amazon prime is a nice deal. $80/year and most items get free 2day shipping, it currently costs $79/year; but a sale rate was offered last year closer to the holiday. If you don't order much stuff, or don't mind waiting it's not worth it; OTOH if you're impatient, always wait to the last minute to order gifts, or just don't want to be bothered with packing small orders to reach the free super saver threshold prime can be a very nice deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primeclub/signup/main.html

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back