PSA: The War Z is now called Infestation: Survivor Stories

Nocens

Limp Gawd
They did this to avoid all the bad press they got earlier obviously. Don't be confused and think this is a new title.

Their new website is http://infestationmmo.com/. They make it look like it is a brand new and different game for unsuspecting zombie game fans.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Had I seen this on my own, excitement would have welled up within me at the prospect of a new and possibly open world game.

Then I would have clicked on it, to be met with disbelief, rage and dissappointment.

Once again, thank you.

They did this to avoid all the bad press they got earlier obviously. Don't be confused and think this is a new title.

It's more likely the result of a legal dispute with the similarly named World War Z trademark.
From Hammerpoint:

Greetings Survivors!

Effective today, The War Z has changed its name to Infestation: Survivor Stories. This change has come about primarily as a result of some confusion and trademark issues with a similarly titled property. While we were reluctant to rename the game so long after launch, especially with nearly 1 million registered players, it was ultimately decided to be in the best interest of our existing community as well as future players in order to eliminate confusion. Please rest assured that this will in NO WAY affect you as players. The only difference you will see is the change in logo and website. There will be no interruption of service or change in content.

So, welcome to Infestation: Survivor Stories – have fun and stay alive!

Game is packed at the moment. They put it on sale on Steam over the weekend and it was the #1 selling game. The servers are all full of new kids just waiting for me to kill them

I bought it too. The zombie AI is retarded as hell. You can get them stuck on almost any terrain and sit and farm them all day without ever being hit. The game should still be in beta testing.

I bought it too. The zombie AI is retarded as hell. You can get them stuck on almost any terrain and sit and farm them all day without ever being hit. The game should still be in beta testing.

It's model is similar to minecraft.. Play it while we build it. Been know from the start. And MMO's also do this.. MMO's are always in beta.. They are never finished or polished.

WarZ is a shitstorm of a game that doesn't even deserve to be called in Beta state.

this game can straight up suck it. bought it on steam when it launched. and then they got hacked and I haven't touched it since.

I just picked it up on steam for $3.74 and feel like i got ripped off. day z is 10 times better than this hack job.

All I know, is that War Z is better than Day Z: Zombie mechanics, graphics, etc.

Is this pay to play or buy it and just play free forever.

Master_Pain said:
All I know, is that War Z is better than Day Z: Zombie mechanics, graphics, etc.

you, sir, are high. like, black tar heroin high

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Its kinda true about the mechanics. DayZ's zombie mechanics are straight up retarded, I NEVER understood it. Even in their standalone demo at E3 the zombies still run faster than Kenyan sprinters and it looks so ridiculous and the animations are terrible. Don't agree with the graphics at all, ArmA 2's graphics are far superior to WarZ, not even a contest here.

EPOQ said:
Its kinda true about the mechanics. DayZ's zombie mechanics are straight up retarded, I NEVER understood it. Even in their standalone demo at E3 the zombies still run faster than Kenyan sprinters and it looks so ridiculous and the animations are terrible. Don't agree with the graphics at all, ArmA 2's graphics are far superior to WarZ, not even a contest here.

sadly true. and im just weed high

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Back