PS5 Release Window Officially Announced

Demon's Souls is the only launch title that interests me, but man does it interest me. That demo looked terrific, and I already know the gameplay rather well. Plus, who knows when the PC version will be coming? Could be a long wait.
None of the accessories seem particularly compelling. I only need one controller for the moment, although I'm a little curious if the new pads will work with Sony's PC adapter. If they do, I'll buy another one and snag the charging station, too.

IMHO Demon's Souls PC launch will be at minimum a year away from the PS5 launch. On the long end, if they add DLC to the Demon's Souls game, then the PC launch will be at minimum a year after the "complete" version hits the PS store.

Funny Demon's Souls is one reason I wanted the PS5, but since I know it's coming to PC sometime, a part of me doesn't want to buy it cause I want it on PC more. I know I am getting Spider Man Ultimate as my first game when I get my console. Demon's Souls is next after I finish Spider Man unless Horizon Zero Dawn 2 comes out around the time I finish Spider Man. :)

Demon's Souls is the only launch title that interests me, but man does it interest me. That demo looked terrific, and I already know the gameplay rather well. Plus, who knows when the PC version will be coming? Could be a long wait.
None of the accessories seem particularly compelling. I only need one controller for the moment, although I'm a little curious if the new pads will work with Sony's PC adapter. If they do, I'll buy another one and snag the charging station, too.
What Sony PC adapter? The PS4 controller is plug and play on windows 10 at least. Any Bluetooth adapter works for wireless also.

What PC adapter? The PS4 controller is plug and play on windows 10 at least. Any Bluetooth adapter works for wireless also.

Wired has always worked fine...but it's 2020.
There's an official PC wireless adapter that works far better than vanilla Bluetooth:
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-DualShock-4-Wireless-Adaptor-playstation/dp/B01KWLKKQU
It also adds full support for the touch pad and more audio functions, too.
People are gouging for it now, but it used to be a $20 item.
I did a bunch of tests in Street Fighter 4, and using 4 different Bluetooth adapters, the PS4 controller always drops inputs. Not enough where everyone would notice, but enough where certain moves flat-out don't work 1/3 of the time. In particular the ones that have at least 6 directional inputs and 2+ buttons. In fighting games, that's not too uncommon of a move.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wired has always worked fine...but it's 2020.
There's an official PC wireless adapter that works far better than vanilla Bluetooth:
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-DualShock-4-Wireless-Adaptor-playstation/dp/B01KWLKKQU
It also adds full support for the touch pad and more audio functions, too.
People are gouging for it now, but it used to be a $20 item.
I did a bunch of tests in Street Fighter 4, and using 4 different Bluetooth adapters, the PS4 controller always drops inputs. Not enough where everyone would notice, but enough where certain moves flat-out don't work 1/3 of the time. In particular the ones that have at least 6 directional inputs and 2+ buttons. In fighting games, that's not too uncommon of a move.
Yea fuck that for $120 lol. I just use the built-in Bluetooth on my x570 master and never noticed any issue. There 3rd party apps that make the touch pad work but I never cared about it on PC.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
IMHO Demon's Souls PC launch will be at minimum a year away from the PS5 launch. On the long end, if they add DLC to the Demon's Souls game, then the PC launch will be at minimum a year after the "complete" version hits the PS store.

Funny Demon's Souls is one reason I wanted the PS5, but since I know it's coming to PC sometime, a part of me doesn't want to buy it cause I want it on PC more. I know I am getting Spider Man Ultimate as my first game when I get my console. Demon's Souls is next after I finish Spider Man unless Horizon Zero Dawn 2 comes out around the time I finish Spider Man. :)

First game for me is DS, I may even pickup COD on PS5 instead of PC as well.. I personally hope DS didn't get janked in anyway, because that game alone will keep me thru the end of the year if not longer lol.

Didn’t Sony already re-confirm that Demon’s Souls is a PS5 exclusive a day or two ago when talks about a PC version started popping up?

Didn’t Sony already re-confirm that Demon’s Souls is a PS5 exclusive a day or two ago when talks about a PC version started popping up?

Companies love to "deconfirm" when shit like that happens. While it's possible it was a mistake, it's just as likely (if not more) they're planning to bring it to PC eventually but forgot to tell the marketing team not to include that in the trailer. Demon's Souls remake would be a big hit on the PC, it would be a pretty smart move for Sony to port it over a year or so after release.

All the games like Demon Souls said PS5 exclusive and at the bottom of the screen was this: "* coming on PC " or some variant of that message. What we don't know is how much, if any, gap between those releases. I watched the entire presentation.

All the games like Demon Souls said PS5 exclusive and at the bottom of the screen was this: "* coming on PC " or some variant of that message. What we don't know is how much, if any, gap between those releases. I watched the entire presentation.
Sony clarified after the showcase that it was an error for Demon’s Souls and that it was a PS5 exclusive with no plans for a PC release. Doesn’t mean that it couldn’t potentially make its way to PC at some time down the road but also doesn’t mean it will either.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
And many millions more don't buy them on release and wait for price drops or whatever else.

do consoles ever really get major price cuts?...maybe $50 here and there...seems they just get bundled in with different games and fancy new game specific color schemes

do consoles ever really get major price cuts?...maybe $50 here and there...seems they just get bundled in with different games and fancy new game specific color schemes

They do. As they get cheaper to make they'll often get cheaper. This is usually in-line with updated models coming out. Whether it's slimmer models or just updated versions in the old shell.

Sony released ps4 slim at $299 roughly 3 years after the launch of ps4 so that's $100 down after 3 years (excluding promotions and bundles)
They also dropped price of 1TB version by $50 before Slim too (to $399 from $450)

What really sucks is that I wont be able to play Demon Souls on launch day because I cant get a fucking PS5. I do have a series X preorder though, whats the chance of me trading someone for a PS5?

What really sucks is that I wont be able to play Demon Souls on launch day because I cant get a fucking PS5. I do have a series X preorder though, whats the chance of me trading someone for a PS5?
I would check your local facebook market place and kijiji, I actually seen a few people offering those exact trades in the same situation as you.

Sorry man, I saw the X in stock on bestbuy day 1 and passed. Got very lucky to snatch the PS5 from Sony.

That said if you’ve been a PSN user I’d say keep some hope if you signed up for the preorder chance. I got the email notifying me a day early and the actual queuing process was mostly pain free. You go to the link wait for the redirect to the store. Afterwards on mobile I had to log into my PSN manually as it didn’t prompt me to do so. Before I logged in it showed the consoles as sold out but after logging in I was able to preorder.

The amazing thing is I was at work on break, my break was a half hour after it went live, and then a further 20 minutes of queuing, thought I missed out finished break and headed out to the field (construction work) randomly realized I needed to log in, went back to the direct link from my history skipped the queue and logged in. Snatched the preorder about 1:10 after the whole thing started up.

49(?)days to go, the preorders are still possible out there.

Also to anyone else learn from my almost mistake, log the fuck in right away.

Just received my "you might not get your xbox x series on launch day " from Amazon :rolleyes: why do I get the feeling Walmart is next to mass email everyone about their PS5 pre orders as well ( I have PS5 pre order with them ). :confused:

Question. The release date is the 12th. Does that mean at midnight on the 11th it will be available? I want to make sure I dont miss out.

Question. The release date is the 12th. Does that mean at midnight on the 11th it will be available? I want to make sure I dont miss out.

Depends on the store, with covid shit around, i'm not sure why they would have any sort of in person launch. People are going to be bunched up trying to get one. Makes no sense.

There are department stores that have promised stock on the shelf (well...probably on a delivery cart) at midnight on release night.
Things definitely may change between now and then, and I wouldn't want to be in a mob, but a pre-order isn't 100% the only way to get one.
I'd keep my eyes on the NowInStock threaded discussion. Ignore the alerts, they barely even work anymore. The discussion is much better way to get a feel for random stock at certain online shops.

PS5 hands-on demos showcase gameplay (but not the interface)

People outside of Sony are finally getting to try the PlayStation 5 beyond a one-off demo, and it’s now clearer what it will be like to use the console in the real world...Japanese outlets like 4gamer, AV Watch, Dengeki Online and Famitsu, as well as actor Natsuki Hanae (via The Verge), have had hands-on time with the PS5 that sheds more light on both the hardware and gameplay...they at once confirm reports and leave some unanswered questions...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/sony-ps5-hands-on-videos-182601211.html

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The UI looks a little like a throwback to the PS3. I'm fine with that. I feel like the PS4 and especially the Xbox One UI/UX regressed compared to the prior generation. Too much nonsense and clutter. I like the idea of 4-5 columns (games, store, streaming, options, etc.) and everything auto-sorted within them. This is heading down that path.

Back