PS4 Worldwide Sales Surpass 70 Million Units; PSVR Reaches 2 Million

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 4 has sold more than 70.6 million units worldwide as of December 3, 2017. Over 617.8 million copies of PlayStation 4 games have been sold at retail stores globally and through digital downloads. Additionally, the PlayStation VR has sold over 2 million units worldwide and sold over 12.2 million copies of its 150 titles.

“We are delighted that so many people are enjoying the unique entertainment proposition of PlayStation 4 and that an emerging technology like PlayStation VR continues to gain traction,” said Andrew House, Chairman of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “I cannot thank our fans and partners enough. Their support, since the launch of very first PlayStation in 1994, has helped to make PlayStation one of the biggest console gaming network in the world.”

PSVR is still selling? I'm amazed. I didn't hear Sony talk about the PSVR for a while and figured it went the way of the Kinect.

PSVR is still selling? I'm amazed. I didn't hear Sony talk about the PSVR for a while and figured it went the way of the Kinect.

Nah, I think it has been a modest success. It has definitely been pretty quiet, though.

I only know one person that ones the PSVR. I know a lot of people that use PS4. I think they are still too expensive . Get the price to $199 (or less - if they were $99, they'd probably sell like crazy) and get some better games. It will probably sell.

Why stop there? They should pay you to take their devices. Absolutely.

You might be on to something there. Give us free consoles & gear and I will slap so many logo stickers on my car people will think I'm in Nascar

Hell I own a PS4 pro an PSVR and apparently you all live in PC only world. PSVR is doing quite well and just started selling version 2 of the headset. Has the Vive or Rift even got to the million mark? I made a gamble buying the PSVR and don't regret it for a minute. Bought a rift and did not think it was a whole lot better so it was returned.

Why not just make it free? They should make it free. Why not?
I get your argument. I just think the price point is still too high for a lot of people. I know if my kids ask for something over a certain price (maybe it's $100?), no way they are getting it for Christmas.
My one daughter asked for an iPhone X. I flat out told her no way in hell. If Apple dropped the price down the $99, maybe I'd get it for her. (Yes, I know they will never get anywhere near that price - lucky a lighting cable only costs $25 from them).

Just watched some of the Playstation Experience 2017 that was this weekend in Anaheim at a convention center, a lot of developers talking about PSVR and alot of VR games coming out.

I only know one person that ones the PSVR. I know a lot of people that use PS4. I think they are still too expensive . Get the price to $199 (or less - if they were $99, they'd probably sell like crazy) and get some better games. It will probably sell.
it is $199 now with a game and camera included

Better games ? all the better games are already on ps4 and I have not had a console since the first playstation, been gaming on pc until i got a PS4p

Sony talks about PSVR at every single Playstation event. In the span of a few months there was E3, Paris Games Week, and Playstation Experience. PSVR was talked about at all of them.

Back