PS4 Skipping on Disney BluRays?

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
Wasn't sure where else to put this here

ever since we bought it.. our PS4 has always skipped on Disney Kids BluRays horribly, brand new copies of movies like Inside Out, Brave, Frozen will skip.. I've sent our PS4 in twice and still the same problem..

other blurays never skip at all, has anyone seen, experiences, heard the same thing?

movies like the Force Awakens though never skips (even though its Disney, we are talking just the Disney kids shows)

its very frustrating.. looking to buy a standalone bluray just to fix the issue.. grrr..

hrm not here. i have almost every disney kids blu ray movies and never had an issue.

ok sounds like maybe its our bluray drive? I get the same thing in my ps3.. we are going to try a standalone bluray just to see ..

Could be the blurays themselves tbh. Maybe you got a bad batch? You said all others work fine right?

Could be disc rot. Some of the older titles suffered from it, if I remember correctly. Contact Disney. They might replace them for you.

Could be disc rot. Some of the older titles suffered from it, if I remember correctly. Contact Disney. They might replace them for you.

Of the three movies he mentioned, the oldest is from 4 years ago.

Normally I would suspect the disk but I'm talking at least 8 or 10 "Disney" kid disks doing it and 30 other nondisney disks not skipping at all

Some straight out of the package brand new skipping

Would replacing the bluray drive help at all?

There may be a setting somewhere, why would it be the drive if all other Blu-rays work fine?

Normally I would suspect the disk but I'm talking at least 8 or 10 "Disney" kid disks doing it and 30 other nondisney disks not skipping at all

Some straight out of the package brand new skipping

Would replacing the bluray drive help at all?
ok sounds like maybe its our bluray drive? I get the same thing in my ps3.. we are going to try a standalone bluray just to see ..

Get the same thing as in it screws up in the same manner in your PS3 as well? If the PS3 does it and this is a plague affecting your house and Sony consoles, why would you think replacing the Blu Ray drive in the PS4 would fix it?

Back