PS4 Rant!!!

Theultimateeye

Limp Gawd
So my roommate made a final bid for 530 dollars on Ebay to get this thing. I guess i wasn't that impressed coming from a guy who's rig is probably 3 times as powerful as this thing. First...you have to pay for multiplayer now? It says i have to join Playstation Plus or some bullshit like that to play BF4 multiplayer. So i put in Madden 25 next. I can't even play a REGULAR SEASON without jumping through hoops with this Playstation Plus bullshit. I refuse to pay 50 bucks for it. Wasn't online play always free on PS3? (I was never a Playstation guy).
Secondly, where the FUCK is the start button? Every time i'm in a close race playing NFS Rivals i can't pause the game...all i can do is hit the "PS" button or the "Options" button which doesn't pause the game. Unless i'm missing something here i kept telling my roommate to sell it or trade up for an Xbox One. Sorry for the rant.

First mistake was paying $530.

My local Fred Meyer's has an end cap full of them for $399...

Second mistake was expecting it to be anything like PC Gaming.

So my roommate made a final bid for 530 dollars on Ebay to get this thing. I guess i wasn't that impressed coming from a guy who's rig is probably 3 times as powerful as this thing. First...you have to pay for multiplayer now? It says i have to join Playstation Plus or some bullshit like that to play BF4 multiplayer. So i put in Madden 25 next. I can't even play a REGULAR SEASON without jumping through hoops with this Playstation Plus bullshit. I refuse to pay 50 bucks for it. Wasn't online play always free on PS3? (I was never a Playstation guy).
Secondly, where the FUCK is the start button? Every time i'm in a close race playing NFS Rivals i can't pause the game...all i can do is hit the "PS" button or the "Options" button which doesn't pause the game. Unless i'm missing something here i kept telling my roommate to sell it or trade up for an Xbox One. Sorry for the rant.

The charge for online multiplayer via PS+ has be known since i think E3. If thats news to you and whoever bought it they simply werent paying attention. I cant comment on the Madden 25 thing as i didnt get the game.

To play multiplayer on Xbox youll also need an XBox Live Gold account which has an equal charge

Yup, this round of consoles require that annual fee... It's ugly, but there it is.

So whomever bought the PS4 because it was cheaper, finds out it requires PS+ to play online, you are then mad about the extra $50, and you say to trade up to the less powerful XB1 that absolutely requires a $60 subscription and costs $100 more. Makes total sense. I still think you aren't even able to watch Netflix or any streaming source without Live.

I don't think NFS Rivals is meant to be paused. I don't know about Madden. I haven't had issues with it requiring PS+. I do have PS+ though. If I don't want to download any rosters or start a career online it has no problem with that.

Last edited:
Yup, this round of consoles require that annual fee... It's ugly, but there it is.

Seriously? You could have easily bought the $30 year of PSN Plus service on Black Friday and that takes care of that problem.

You also get 30 free games (that's how many I got on the PS3 last subscription) with that PSN Plus and good games that more than make up for the price. In fact Resogun and Contrast where $15.99 each without PSN Plus so that's $32 , so right there you've already paid for your $30 year long sub.

If you pay on a month to month basis then yes its expensive but why do that? Just look for a deal and its basically nothing after that.

Also trading in a PS4 for an Xbox One and thinking that's cheaper somehow? Wrong. You're giving your roommate bad advice OP.

Apparently both MS and Sony are selling these things at something of a loss, things like the annual fee is what they're really after.

First mistake was paying $530.

Second mistake was expecting it to be anything like PC Gaming.

My Fred Meyer also has an end cap full of them. One thing though, all those boxes are empty and are only for display purposes. I got excited when I saw them and ran over and grabbed the empty box. :p

Just got back from Target , they had 3 PS4's in the display case. Not exactly hard to find them If I can find them randomly on one trip.

Just got back from Target , they had 3 PS4's in the display case. Not exactly hard to find them If I can find them randomly on one trip.
dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Seriously though, I've been to a dozen stores over the past week and have not seen a single one.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif[/IMG

Seriously though, I've been to a dozen stores over the past week and have not seen a single one.[/QUOTE]

Have you asked or just think that once one gets sold a manager goes in the back and gets one out of lock up? Just cause it's not on the shelf doesn't mean theirs not a few sitting in the back. ;)

Doesn't PS4 come with a 1 month trial of PS+? And yes, you have to pay for multiplayer, but even the most cursory research would've shown that, its been big news for almost a year now.

PS+ is just fantastic. Forget about MP, it has given me hundred of dollars worth of games. And that's AAA titles, not just Arcade/PSN stuff that I'd never want. And like someone said, they just had a $30/year deal, early this year they had a 3 months free deal etc.

Btw PS+ was being sold for 30 bucks on amazon a few days ago. He is willing to pay 130 over for a console but not 30 over for PS+ for a year that works on 3 consoles?

Also want to pause an always online game. Tell me more lol.

Quite a bait thread this one.

NFS rivals netplay setup is pretty bullshit. I raged as well...sold it and got Forza.

I agree that paying for multiplayer is a bit of a kick to the teeth. Sure it's been known for awhile, but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

And really, PS Plus with it's free games and steady sale prices, would still be a worthwhile service even without the multiplayer gaming. I think it would've been a smart move on Sony's part to keep multiplayer gaming free, it would've been a nice feature going for it against Xbone, and I believe they'd still have a healthy PS Plus subscriber base due to the quality of that program.

Well well, as a PS3 owner and non-follower of new console news I was not aware of the PS+ requirement.... so hey this thread is win for me.

Meh, methinks I'll stay with the PC and my PS3 at least for the foreseeable future. Bad enough with PC and all this "season pass" and DLC BS.... but at least I have the option to wait and pick up GotY or "complete" editions later on steam at a discount. I guess I'm just older and remember plopping down $50 for a AAA game and $30 for the lengthy expansion vs. DLCs that amount to "rocket weapon pack"

For Playstation Plus you pay 50 bucks per year...and get tons of free games not only for the ps4, but if you own a vita you get some top notch games for free as well. It's stupid to think that it is comparable to the xbox live membership which you need to just use apps like Netflix.....

ITT: someone who doesn't read up before purchasing. Or just RTFM.

PS+ is just fantastic. Forget about MP, it has given me hundred of dollars worth of games. And that's AAA titles, not just Arcade/PSN stuff that I'd never want.

Yup. I've had PS+ since it came out on PS3 and haven't regretted it. Pretty sure OP is just trolling or is mildly retarded. You can't pause need for speed because it's online, pausing it would pause the game for the other 5 people playing with you unless you specifically set your game to Private.

I agree that paying for multiplayer is a bit of a kick to the teeth. Sure it's been known for awhile, but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

And really, PS Plus with it's free games and steady sale prices, would still be a worthwhile service even without the multiplayer gaming. I think it would've been a smart move on Sony's part to keep multiplayer gaming free, it would've been a nice feature going for it against Xbone, and I believe they'd still have a healthy PS Plus subscriber base due to the quality of that program.

SONY has never acted that way, niave at best. Sony beat up MS this round not because they planned it but because they were behind software wise and just took easy jabs it happened to work out due to consumer ignorance and major mistakes on MS part. Wait a while especially if they start winning this generation and watch the quality of free games start tanking, more games be sold exclusively online etc.... In the end SONY will force people over to digital only too, mark my words. See their PS3 PS+ reversal.

As far as paying for PS+ who gives a rip how many games you get free if you don't want them? Tons of people primarily get into 1 or 2 games per year and have no interest in the rest of the games. And people who paid for XBL used to make the same argument to me. This argument is just as stupid as the ones where cable companies say well its a great deal because you get hundreds of channels. If you actually use 100s of channels great if you don't what the heck does it matter? If you play tons of games then having a subscription to gamefly, PS+ or XBL makes great sense but why is everyone so damn sure that its the same great sense for everyone? It isn't. It's just fan boyism trying to justify a clear reversal in policy that shows how sony will back track when ever they have the power to do so and no one willing to admit that SONY is going to screw you over just as much if not more than MS as soon as they get the chance.

SONY has never acted that way, niave at best. Sony beat up MS this round not because they planned it but because they were behind software wise and just took easy jabs it happened to work out due to consumer ignorance and major mistakes on MS part. Wait a while especially if they start winning this generation and watch the quality of free games start tanking, more games be sold exclusively online etc.... In the end SONY will force people over to digital only too, mark my words. See their PS3 PS+ reversal.

As far as paying for PS+ who gives a rip how many games you get free if you don't want them? Tons of people primarily get into 1 or 2 games per year and have no interest in the rest of the games. And people who paid for XBL used to make the same argument to me. This argument is just as stupid as the ones where cable companies say well its a great deal because you get hundreds of channels. If you actually use 100s of channels great if you don't what the heck does it matter? If you play tons of games then having a subscription to gamefly, PS+ or XBL makes great sense but why is everyone so damn sure that its the same great sense for everyone? It isn't. It's just fan boyism trying to justify a clear reversal in policy that shows how sony will back track when ever they have the power to do so and no one willing to admit that SONY is going to screw you over just as much if not more than MS as soon as they get the chance.

I imagine you don't understand how many good deals are available with the PS+ this week/month + BL2 later this month.

11091235635_4902a95a94_z.jpg

Week 1 Holiday sale
Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Defiance $2.50 $4.99
Defiance Deluxe Edition $7.50 $14.99
Army Of Two The Devil’s Cartel $7.50 $14.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $20.99 $29.99
Remember Me $19.19 $23.99
Terraria $3.75 $7.49
Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch $9.79 $13.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn $10.00 $19.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collectors Edition $15.00 $29.99
Rocksmith 2014 $29.39 $41.99

Also Sony is trying to control 4k Movies and do digital distribution, but that will take years or decades imho. But it's also a guess, kind of like your conspiracy theory on all games for PS4 going 100% digital in the near future or whatever.

The FB in me says nah they are just out-marketing their competition with better game selection, sales and keeping their security tight for PS4 this go round. I prefer options. So as long as their still all on the table. So why get mad at a better product than they had before, plus better over all of the competitions? You can always get non online player games, seems like something a COD/BF only gamer from ps3 era would be mad at their 50.00 a year extra cost to go online with PS4 now for COD/BF/DCUO etc. You do have a point that the free games could be unlikable, but I truly think they have a great experience and it's worth the 50 or 30 if you got a BF sub card. It could backfire but right now I don't see it, in fact I see the opposite of what your theorizing on. The grumpy guy in me wants to say their all shit games also haha!

xbox live membership which you need to just use apps like Netflix.....

That is moronic, and further cements my hatred of the Xbone and Microsoft. I'd probably never use it for things like that anyway since Netflix/Pandora/etc are all built into either my television or my BD player, but it's still totally obnoxious.

this how you know it's a troll people

"free" games as long as you have a subscription
"discount" after you pay a subscription

Money saved?

"free" games as long as you have a subscription
"discount" after you pay a subscription

Money saved?

Its simple, you get a years subscription on sale for $30. After buying 2-3 games you are already saving that $30 so after that any other games you buy that are discounted is saving you money.

Good to know, i know now i won't be buying one, your charging ME to use my internet to connect to a game so you can provide some "social aspects" to the experience.. no thanks

PS+ is just fantastic. Forget about MP, it has given me hundred of dollars worth of games. And that's AAA titles, not just Arcade/PSN stuff that I'd never want. And like someone said, they just had a $30/year deal, early this year they had a 3 months free deal etc.

PS+ is a must have for me. The games (like renting, really, as you don't get to keep them if you don't pay for the service). But, $30-60 a year for access to those games? Worth it right there. Multiplayer is icing on the cake.

I've had PS4 and PSN+ since the launch and gotten well more than the $50 worth. In fact, I find I'm playing the free games (Resogun, Contrast, DC Universe) much more than the games I bought for $60 each.

Back