PS4 concept design?

HardLiner

Gawd
Is this a real concept design or fake?

http://www.t3.com/news/sony-playstation-4-concept-design-hints-at-ps4-form?=58583

PlayStation_4_concept_Dumar_w500.jpg

PS4_ConceptDumary_3_w500.jpg

I would be very shocked if they made it that small, nowmally Sony's first round devices are HUGE!

The PS2 was rather large, PS3 was pretty large

PS1 was a good size though, i will say that

fake, though I "might" believe it could be the final PS3 model. The lip on the CD drive has no use and does not make any sense.

^Yup,

chop off that lip and it has potential to be a very appealing device.

I don't like that "crescent" shape in the middle of it, it takes it away.

If you can say ANYTHING about the PS3, it would be that it looks sleek, yet plain in appearance, it has a perfect linear design, especially the PS3 Slim (I own a Fattie)

that "crescent" shape really takes away from it and the lip just makes it worse.

Do not like.

they should make it sized and shaped like a normal audio/video component so that it can fit properly in your AV system.

That thing is fugly. It looks more like someone tried to do a version of what the PS3 would look like if it came out in the '80s.

Also, why do you even have any doubt of this thing being fake? The source link is just some guy that makes concept designs for random devices.

While I'm not doubting it may be a concept, none of the early concept designs ever make it to the final build.

they should make it sized and shaped like a normal audio/video component so that it can fit properly in your AV system.

I always thought they made them a little odd in shape to prevent you from staking other AV devices on them. Don't want other stuff heating the system up.

That thing is fugly. It looks more like someone tried to do a version of what the PS3 would look like if it came out in the '80s.

Also, why do you even have any doubt of this thing being fake? The source link is just some guy that makes concept designs for random devices.

Yeah, screw geometric shapes. I, for one, will refuse to purchase anything that does not employ the effeminate curves of a tampon, like my other hip devices.

I have no complaints about the design. My only concern is that the next-gen consoles will be of far, far better build quality than the current ones. No more over-heating, no more optical drives going kaput!

Doubtful, practical elements like ventilation will usually take a back seat to aesthetics.

Looks alright whether its a 'real' concept or not. Any of you remember the terrible Dreamcast prototype design abominations? *shudders*

I call bullshit , unless they plan to start putting there typical internal PSU's in brick form like the 360 outside the console unit than its far to thin to be the actual model of what they are aiming for.

Its a very good design but I doubt it'll be what we call the PS4. Right now I doubt Sony even is at this stage in the system design as they haven't even finalized hardware specs.

who give a flying frak what it looks like?

tell me whats going to be inside it.

i have a terrible fear that next gen consoles will be less powerful then pcs made 2-3 years ago like core2quad 9550 and 4870x2 power.

No their new system will be a giant penis. Sony doesn't wanna waste time pretending they're not gonna fuck you.

Kind of like the Sony PSX? Big, but practical and sexy.

That's kinda true, remember the Ultra 64? lol.

I sure do! I always thought it was a dumb name. Was glad Nintendo came to their senses and just called it the Nintendo 64 instead. :)

Yeah, screw geometric shapes. I, for one, will refuse to purchase anything that does not employ the effeminate curves of a tampon, like my other hip devices.

This made me spit Pepsi all over my keyboard. Zing!

Doubtful, practical elements like ventilation will usually take a back seat to aesthetics.

Yeah, I was just asking myself, "Uhhh, where's the ventilation, or does it use magic fairy dust for heat dissipation?"

So they've gone from a sandwich press to a dinner tray. Cool.

never thought of the ps3 that way.... YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT HOW COULD I BE SO BLIND :)

I don't see the "dinner tray" connection though, but I don't think I've eaten one of those things

no kidding. Whoever designed the PS3 should be shot. The dome has to be the most pointless feature I've ever seen on a console. It's completely unnecessary and makes trying to fit it into clear shelf space next to impossible.

Right now, sitting next to my TV is an XBOX 360, and original PS3 on top of that and another slim PS3 balanced on top of that. :rolleyes: I mean, really SONY? Did you have to be different?

no kidding. Whoever designed the PS3 should be shot. The dome has to be the most pointless feature I've ever seen on a console. It's completely unnecessary and makes trying to fit it into clear shelf space next to impossible.

Right now, sitting next to my TV is an XBOX 360, and original PS3 on top of that and another slim PS3 balanced on top of that. :rolleyes: I mean, really SONY? Did you have to be different?

Did you ever think that they don't want you to stack them and that could be part of the reasoning for the design? They produce a lot of heat, and having two of them stacked is not a good idea. You're pretty much doubling the heat that each unit has to deal with, which is not what they were designed for.

If you can't eliminate people's stupidity, eliminate stupid ways they can do things.

The Wii comes in other colors too.

Grey and black are not really colors :p Infact other than the 3DO and gamecube hardly any consoles have been in colors (minus special editions). I say they forgo the black and make them all opalesant purple.

Grey and black are not really colors :p Infact other than the 3DO and gamecube hardly any consoles have been in colors (minus special editions). I say they forgo the black and make them all opalesant purple.

IIRC the N64 and the portable Nintendo systems came in different colors without needing to be special editions.

If the PS4 is suppose to be so great then they should invent a new color for it. Not just a new shade of a existing color but something completely new and impossible to describe.

IIRC the N64 and the portable Nintendo systems came in different colors without needing to be special editions.

If the PS4 is suppose to be so great then they should invent a new color for it. Not just a new shade of a existing color but something completely new and impossible to describe.

Octarine?

As for the appearance, I do not care as long as it is black.
The real thing is the computing power. And I am far from being convinced that the PS4 will offer a tremendous performance leap over the PS3.

And I am far from being convinced that the PS4 will offer a tremendous performance leap over the PS3.
It won't be as big a leap then going from PS2 to PS3, not in terms of visual or gameplay advancements... I could be wrong of course, but each generation brings less and less, don't expect that to change

As for the appearance, I do not care as long as it is black.
The real thing is the computing power. And I am far from being convinced that the PS4 will offer a tremendous performance leap over the PS3.

But the PS3 is already from the future! What do you want...for the PS4 to be from the future-er? :D

Fake.

But Sony's next console could be pretty small. A Sony exec said a couple weeks ago that the graphical jump from PS3 to PS4 won't be as large as the one from PS2 to PS3.

Back