• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PS4 camera on PC?

Advil

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
2,487
PS4 camera on PC?

Would someone please hook their PS4 camera up to their PC and tell me if it both detects and installs?

I'm in need of the features of this camera for tracking projects and there is NOTHING else on the market like it. 1280x800@60fps, 640x400@120fps.

Want.

So if you don't mind please give it a shot and report back! :)
 
Well nevermind, I finally found after hours of searching an IGN video that discusses the end... it's proprietary.

Now that doesn't mean it couldn't be cut and spliced to usb perhaps... maybe... but that's going to be a project for some other time.
 
all it needs is a driver and windows can use it. now the question is will Sony allow it by selling an adapter kit.
 
The adapter kit doesn't really concern me just the drivers.

Looking at the pins, it appears for all the world to be a stock USB 3.0 pinout just with a proprietary connector.

A soldering iron, a $2 USB 3.0 cable and twenty minutes can put the right end on it.

Question is... will it work?
 
Seems like this thread died but I am interested in doing the same. Has anyone tried soldering in a USB 3 cable? I love using the EyeToy, its ten times better then my ten times more expensive Logitech at ten times cheaper.
 
Out of curiosity why would you want to use the PS4 camera? You'd have to hack away at the cable and deal with other issues. Webcams are cheap, the Kinect 2 I can understand.
 
Back
Top