PS3 sound through X-fi Titanium HD

quiktake

Gawd
I am having a lot of trouble gett my PS3 to play through the X-fi. Cables are attached correctly. I have set up the PS3 for 2 channel PCM, set up optical in to playthrough, flipped every switch I can find in every control panel, or setting that seems related. In the SPDIF menu of the Creative control panel, the SPDIF-in is greyed out and I cannot seem to get it show any option. I am ok with 2-channel sound as I use headphones.

Is there a magic dance I have to do to get this working, or am I out of luck? I have heard this may be a "bug" but I am having trouble finding any official confirmation of that.

Thanks for any help.

Is it normal for the SPDIF-in to be greyed out? Can someone check their X-fi titanium for me? The Creative website says that if an X-fi supports optical in (mine does) there should be an option there for me to select.

I have the same card, but I don't have your setup (I use a receiver, instead).

On [H], another thread ended up being dead-ended.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1648616

Similar story on many other forums asking similar questions.

I think the overall story is, just use something else :(

I think the optical input was only for pure input purposes, ASIO was probably only for the analog input.

I don't currently have my PS3 hooked up through my Titanium HD, but i had it hooked up before we moved into the new house. i saved a word doc with the steps i took to get it working. it was a giant pain in the ass and i compiled the steps after a lot of searching the web. when i get home from work tonight i'll open the doc and paste here.

one side affect that i never could overcome is a slight audio delay. it bugged me but it was tolerable. ymmv.

That would be awesome! Thank you so much. It's been driving me nuts for two days trying to figure it out.

ok here's the directions i have. hope it works out for you. happy gaming.

Thanks for all the help!

I tried everyone's suggestions. Even tried the Pax drivers. Eventually, just reinstalled the Creative drivers suddenly things started working. I hate driver issues. Other than this, my Creative cards have been rock solid for 8 years, so I can't complain.

Back