PS3 Headset Recommendations Please.

Athrix

Weaksauce
I'm finally taking the plunge and getting a PS3, a friend of mine was trying to tell me that I had to use a headset that was made for the PS3. I told him I thought he was full of *@($ and that it should take any USB/Bluetooth headset. But before I run out and drop some cash on a good one I want to make sure he's wrong (also so I can rub it in his stupid face) :p

I'll probably get a Triton headset or something similar, wireless would rock, but not those stupid bluetooth headsets. I'd feel like a douche even wearing that in the privacy of my own home.

Suggestions / Recommendations please.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well the one made by Sony for the PS3 is the probably the best one to get. It works great, the range is excellent and the noise cancelling works pretty well. Also it has a high quality mode where the audio is quite a bit clearer and you get to check the battery status, mic modes etc on screen. I liked it better than using my jawbone headset. I hate wire clutter so my old logitech unit that I loved so much from the SoCom days on the PS2 remains in the draw even though that worked great as well.

Unless you live with some very judgemental people, I wouldn't sweat it, get the Sony Bluetooth headset. ;)

I can't stand wearing the official BT headset for more than an hour, so I got a Turtle Beach P21. It works well enough and sounds much better than the Sony BT for chat and you can have game audio as well. Also the Tritton AX 180 is PS3 compatible if I recall, but I haven't used one.

Otherwise most PC USB headsets work, and there have been threads on this in the past so I would advise doing some searching.

I've been using a Logitech laptop headset with my ps3 since right after release. They're a bit quieter than ideal for me, but they work flawlessly and my voice sounds right through them. I used the Official, got it with Socom, and it works really well if you can stand having a bluetooth in your ear for hours...and if you don't throw it into the wall due to a complication known as urabitchcamperandyoumakefungamesdullwithyourBS...learn2shoot.

It's a medically recognized phenoma that has grown to epic status with the MW2 release...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input guys, its good to hear that most usb headsets will work with PS3 that way I can get a decent one and use it with my PS3 and PC. I'll do a bit of forum searching and see what I can dig up.

I'm trying to sell my Razer Carachias headset for 50 so if I can pull that off I'll be in good shape. Was being stupid when I bought it not thinking I was going to get a PS3. Too bad the PS3 doesn't have 3.5mm jacks.

the usb headset has to be plugged into the ps3 itself though right? There's no way to plug it into the controller?

My ps3 is in a media cabinet, no real way to plug something into it so far away and be usable / comfortable

Back