PS3 Hacker: Says Sony Will Have to Kills Him

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this story, some kid says the only way he will stop hacking the PS3 is if Sony kills him. I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for...the kid or Sony. Damn man, that is just depressing. :(

So, SONY you failed again, you took my equipment but my mind is still free and you canot control it. You failed again. They are just tools, i can get new ones and will continue my HV reversing and bringing back PS3 Linux which you took from us. If you want me to stop then you should just kill me because i cannot live without programming, HV and Linux kernel hacking You know who am i and where i live, so come and get me !!!

Sony: Japanese company.

Ninjas: Traditional Japanese hitman from centuries past.

Yakuza: Japanese mob, very much in force even in today's modern world.

One little pipsqueak prick silenced forever: Priceless. :D

Sony: Japanese company.

Ninjas: Traditional Japanese hitman from centuries past.

Yakuza: Japanese mob, very much in force even in today's modern world.

With Sony's money, they will probably send out the Yakuza Ninja Squad after him.

I foresee "Death by Lawsuits" in this boy's future hehe. Nothing like dying by asphyxiation from legal paperwork and court summons.

Sony should just hire him, as he has an obvious passion for their products . . . and hacking!

Win win all around.

What an idiot, I'm sure sooner or later sony will press the kid with legal charges and then bam... no more hacking for him.

at the rate things are going.. Sony will have gone bankrupt paying lawyers to go after people that cant possibly pay back any of it..

Props to the kid tho for giving Sony a big F.U.

at the rate things are going.. Sony will have gone bankrupt paying lawyers to go after people that cant possibly pay back any of it..

One of the biggest problems with today's 'youts' is the idea that they're special. This kid isn't even a blip on Sony's radar.

This will more then likely be the only place you will see "Sony" and "Bankrupt" in the same sentence. :p

I think that people should be free to play with there electronic gadgets that they buy.

However if i was the parent of this kid I wouldn't want him to be such a rebel and have problems with the law... I'd buy him some computer hardware to build the computer of his choice.

Would Sony really use their resources to stop him? It's like using a bazooka to kill a fly. hahaha

One of the biggest problems with today's 'youts' is the idea that they're special. This kid isn't even a blip on Sony's radar.

Correct, we are all of one hive mind with no free will whatsoever, how dare people try to break the mold in any way.

Coincidently, this guy must be a pretty big blip on that radar you described for his home to get raided, equipment taken away and have a lawsuit slapped up against him, because you know, they do that for all flies.

Well, that's one way to respond. In case this guy hasn't noticed, Sony has apparently completely lost their minds over this hacking deal. A hit on some hacker wouldn't be all that surprising at this point. I do applaud his determination though.

Then why are they working around-the-clock pouring their development resources into trying to stop him? Must be a pretty huge blip...

Exactly. They sent in a SWAT team, and have teams of lawyers going after him. Him and Geohot are the biggest things on Sony's radar.

Sony really needs to move on. They should just bring out the PS4 soon, and put their old console to rest. Problem solved.

IDK, I think the kid is right.

You bought and paid for the PS3, it belongs to you. Why should a third party be able to tell you waht you are allowed to do with your own property? What you do with it is your business. If you want to hack it, smash it, crap on it, whatever... it's your own property.

As far as I'm concerned, Sony can go suck a dick.

humm are all hardcore linux programmers that hardcore.

He has done nothing wrong except run linux on his ps3 if sony didnt want people to have that option they never should have given the other os support as a feature. When it stopped making them money they threw it onto a pile of things no longer making money umd, backwards compatibility, mini disc, beta max other os is just another feature in a long line of sony fail....

This guy is hard core for sure. He does own the device and want to use it the way he wants. I am not sure what Sony can do when He claims his mind is still free. He has a point on that,

I think he's being overly dramatic also. But he's 100% right. If it wasn't for JTAG, EEPROMS, etc I wouldn't love computers as much as I do. We used to hack satellites, smartcards, TV's, cars, car stereos, hell I can't think of many things when I was growing up I didn't dismantle and improve upon it or blow it up trying.

What is wrong is taking hacked devices and connecting them to Sony's network. That is unethical as you're messing with their business model at that point. If the hackers could make that demarcation (or Sony could devise a proper banning detection tool) then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

As far as the kid taking shit apart and seeing how it works; more power to him! He may just be a great inventor one day. If this legal battle doesn't jade him first. And it seems to be doing so at this point.

:rolleyes:

Man there are a lot of Douchbags on here who what some kid to die for being upset at being bullied by a big company for doing what he thinks is right? Tell me you never broke the law.

I think he's being overly dramatic also. But he's 100% right. If it wasn't for JTAG, EEPROMS, etc I wouldn't love computers as much as I do. We used to hack satellites, smartcards, TV's, cars, car stereos, hell I can't think of many things when I was growing up I didn't dismantle and improve upon it or blow it up trying.

What is wrong is taking hacked devices and connecting them to Sony's network. That is unethical as you're messing with their business model at that point. If the hackers could make that demarcation (or Sony could devise a proper banning detection tool) then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

As far as the kid taking shit apart and seeing how it works; more power to him! He may just be a great inventor one day. If this legal battle doesn't jade him first. And it seems to be doing so at this point.

couldn't of said it any better

Back