PS3 GTHD free download ingame screenshots...Wow! (Pics Inside...)

Its Weird,
Was playing GT4 the other day with a friend and watching a replay he said "Wow that looked real for a second" but with the GT-HD your eyes can pick up on the the unrealistic ques (polly edges and filtering levels) much easier and its harder to suspend belief. It may be many more times detailed and look awesome but it just doesn't look real.

That was one of the most impressive things about GT3/4 in replays.. Some times it actually could be mistaken for real driving footage thanks to the natural blurring of 480i :(

Any way.. I am still dieing to get the next true GT game. Im sure it will be awesome to play and watch.

Luke_Skywalker said:
Not that impressive I could see the Wii doing this in a year or so.

lol - yeah. sure buddy.... whatever you say.

better lay off the eggnog cuz its messing with your brain too much. :p

[T5K]thrasher said:
Its Weird,
Was playing GT4 the other day with a friend and watching a replay he said "Wow that looked real for a second" but with the GT-HD your eyes can pick up on the the unrealistic ques (polly edges and filtering levels) much easier and its harder to suspend belief. It may be many more times detailed and look awesome but it just doesn't look real.

That was one of the most impressive things about GT3/4 in replays.. Some times it actually could be mistaken for real driving footage thanks to the natural blurring of 480i :(

Any way.. I am still dieing to get the next true GT game. Im sure it will be awesome to play and watch.

I think most would disagree with you, even the untrained eye of my wife watching me play GT:HD in utter awe. But you are entitled to your opinion.

1080p looks insane. 1080i i could see what you are saying possibly.

do you think the 360 is capable of this?

those screenies look AMAZING...but some of the tarmac textures look really fake

4saken said:
1080p looks insane. 1080i i could see what you are saying possibly.

indeed.

I love it when people say that there's not much of a difference between 1080i and 1080p.

if they only knew..... if they only knew.

The GT team does such an amazing job with their art work. From a technological stand point, it's nice but not ground breaking. How ever, with the art work they made a good looking game incredible.

Psychotext said:
I'm going to assume you haven't seen the movies of forza 2 when you ask that.

He probably did, but if you check out the screens and available movies, the cars look great in Forza 2, but they dont quite match up to the car models in GT:HD.

That being said though, i cant wait for forza2 since it will be out months and months b4 GT5, and definitely hold me over. Two different style racers and i love both.

Luke_Skywalker said:
Not that impressive I could see the Wii doing this in a year or so.

im with you man.... i heard that the Wii will have an expansion like "Sega 32X" that fits on top of the Sega Gensis....

you know on top of the Wii has those 4 controller ports... but the expansion will fit riht on top of it.. plugging in all 4 ports... and itll makethe system 512bit.... itll also expand ram.... and have quad core processor as well as another video card for sli setup... nice.. remmevber you heard it here first~!

ive only seen like 2 forza2 screenshots and they werent the best...could someone give me the url to more screenshots?

Untitled-53.jpg

Untitled-52-2.jpg

Untitled-48-1.jpg

sdafsdafsdagsdagsdahsdado2.jpg

Untitled-47-2.jpg

1166937638509.JPG

Looks nice, but don't try to convince yourself it looks "real" just yet. It still has a bit of rendered sheen to it. I have to say though it doesn't change the fact I am enjoying it, but when I consider that for $700+ I've spent on this, the most impressive thing about the PS3 is a downloadable demo...

Now if they could only get the torque/hp numbers of my beloved LS1 camaro right... biggest gripe about GT4, my car weeps in my garage at the "misinformation"....

Psychotext said:

Forza looks good for sure, but those cars just dont quite stack up to the GT:HD ones. Something is just missing from them in comparison.

But i dont want to take this thread off topic and turn it into a forza/gt debate, we know how those go.

My god that looks awesome.

The first pic on BadBoys post actually looks like a photograph :eek:

And there lies the difference between the Forza shots when compared.....if you look closely the Forza shots don't have depth of view which increases the realism in the GT shots. Not saying Forza won't have them in the final version, but the lack of it in the shots is what makes the difference from VERY good to jaw-dropping.

Oh and the 'Wiitard' comment. That is fuckin funny! I shall remember that one :D

Some pics I took running 1080p on 37'' westinghouse. Best looking next gen racer yet, really shows off the ps3's power. Sorry for the pic quality, camera isnt the greatest.

Picture060.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

im gonna go out on a limb here and say that it is IMO the most impressive PS3 title ( i know its a demo, but it was being marketed as a game)...and its FREE!!! PD is just awesome...

Forza vs GT: HD; you must remember, Forza is taking all the assets that Polyphony is putting into just the cars and spreading it out across the entire board.

In Forza you see obviously lower polygon car models; but you also see tons more foliage, plants, flowers buildings, other background objects, so it's sort of a trade-off.

Overall, they both look similar, but I'd give GT the edge at this point.

Psychotext said:

They look, good and I will probably buy it because graphics aren't everything, but those cars have a very arcadey and cartoony look compared to GTHD.

lesman said:
Forza vs GT: HD; you must remember, Forza is taking all the assets that Polyphony is putting into just the cars and spreading it out across the entire board.

In Forza you see obviously lower polygon car models; but you also see tons more foliage, plants, flowers buildings, other background objects, so it's sort of a trade-off.

True, but when I am behind the wheel I don't take time to look at foliage lol.

Alias2 said:
True, but when I am behind the wheel I don't take time to look at foliage lol.

Well when I'm in first place using the cockpit view, I don't see the car models. :p

lesman said:

You've played both next gen games and seen all the cars and tracks to be able to tell us this?

I think we got off topic slightly... probably my fault. =) Yes GT and Forza are different games with different aims (obviously GT prides itself on realistic looking cars and Forza is more about physics, AI etc). The point was that there's enough power in both the 360 and PS3 for games like this.

Luke_Skywalker said:
You've played both next gen games and seen all the cars and tracks to be able to tell us this?
Did I say that? :rolleyes:

In my final statement, I said that GT has the edge at this point. Key: At this point.

No, no one's seen the finished projects, as they are both still a ways off.

I'll say again; at this point...ie: from what I've seen so far; from what my eyes can tell; from the many screens and videos I've seen from both games.

It's an opinion just like anyone elses. ;)

I never plan on ever getting a PS3, but I have to admit, some of those shots are amazing. There are a few that actually look photo realistic - impressive!

As for the Wii doing something similar graphically, it probably COULD (in standard definition 480p). However, it probably never WILL, because no company will spend the amount of time in modeling the cars and environments like they do for GT. It really doesn't come down to horsepower, it comes down to time and money. PGR3 (or 2?) for xbox looked amazing IMO. I mean, look what GT4 accomplished with a 300mhz "Emotion Engine"! The Wii should at least be able to match that, but it probably never will as racing sims just haven't been popular on a Nintendo console.

IcedEmotion said:
Well when I'm in first place using the cockpit view, I don't see the car models. :p

Touche! I only use the cockpit view, and after the first lap I normally won't see another car. So yeah........

Bad_Boy said:
GT4 wireframe (miata)
http://www.theimageplace.net/uploads/906491c2d3.jpg[/img]

GTHD Concept wireframe (miata)
http://www.theimageplace.net/uploads/2d29030699.jpg[/img]

Thats nuts. Looks like and engineering drawing.

Alias2 said:
Touche! I only use the cockpit view, and after the first lap I normally won't see another car. So yeah........

And what happens when u race other cars?
U want them to look cartoony or realistic. So yeah

neostars said:
And what happens when u race other cars?
U want them to look cartoony or realistic. So yeah

Forza cars are far from cartoony. They look very good, just not as good as the GTHD cars. Also keep in mind how much time Polyphony puts into each of these cars. If they put that kind of effort into every car in GT5 people will be waiting 3 years before it is released, so dont blow your load yet. Either that or you wont get nearly as many cars.

Erasmus354 said:
Also keep in mind how much time Polyphony puts into each of these cars.

That is the simple reason why they look so good. I hope other developers are able to shell out the dough to fund such a detailed and obviously loved project like GT!

Liekomg said:
As for the Wii doing something similar graphically, it probably COULD (in standard definition 480p). However, it probably never WILL, because no company will spend the amount of time in modeling the cars and environments like they do for GT. It really doesn't come down to horsepower, it comes down to time and money. PGR3 (or 2?) for xbox looked amazing IMO. I mean, look what GT4 accomplished with a 300mhz "Emotion Engine"! The Wii should at least be able to match that, but it probably never will as racing sims just haven't been popular on a Nintendo console.

As silly as it is to even mention this in a PS3 thread, you are definitely correct. The Wii would certainly be able to do better than the PS2, but only in 480P. Anyway, I just hope there are some developers out there able to claw together enough money to make such quality work a reality.

Darakian said:
Your kidding right? I'm not gonna come out and say the wii could not do this but... I really can't see it doing this in a year.

why not, the Wii will never be able to do this....okay, it might be able to display a still screenshot, but never render this in real time, the Gamecube couldn't, the PS2 couldn't, the Xbox couldn't, and the Wii is no more powerful than those systems, well maybe the GC is less powerful, but still.....as the Wii is today it could never do this, not even close, i am not slamming the Wii here, i am stating the obvious

GT:HD looks amazing, the cars do anyways, but it looks like they just threw the new car models into the PS2 scenery, it's horrible....

me waits to see what Forza2 can do

Just completed the ten time trials. The replays are amazing! Even though the AI might be iffy in the future, it won't be when you're racing online against others! With normal tires and all assists off, the cars do handle pretty close to real. Its just kinda hard to modulate the throttle with the controller.

Back