PS3 Gaining on 360 – MS Weaknesses Explored

no its been confirmed that they are making the new ninja gaiden game for the ps3

If youre talking about Ninja Gaiden II being ported to the ps3,I think you might consider your thought as Microsoft is publisher. But if youre talking about the next Ninja Gaiden, the one thats not going to have Tomonobu Itagaki...

btw... anyione play the Forces Unleashed demo yet?

Yeah got it yesterday, initial impression of the demo is....................drum roll.........................overhyped, Graphically only slightly better than Jedi Knight academy, physics, meh nothing a PC couldn't handle, end of level boss (AT-ST), I'll have to play it again, but I think you either have to be in an exact spot to trigger the quick time attack, or you have to soften up the boss by throwing stuff at it or attacking it a certain way but I think it has to be directly in front of it.

Funny thing is, the SA looks better in Soul Caliber 4.

ps3 ftw :) the 360 has had some good games coming out and so has ps3 so whichever u chose, you wont be let down

YEA because lots of new games have come out and right now its and neck and neck between the two

Yeah, Sony is catching up, AMD-style. :p

Latest NPD numbers:

HW Sales
Hardware Unit Sales
Oct-08
PlayStation 2 136K
PlayStation 3 190K
PSP 193K
Xbox 360 371K
Nintendo DS 491K
Wii 803K <-- crazy :eek:

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_October_2008

Nintendo and MS should do very well this bad Christmas season. Sony will have problems with the PS3 because it will be twice as expensive as stand-alone Blu-Ray players and the PS3 is $150-$200 more than the other consoles' base units. The software sales also point in the same direction:

1. 360 Fable II - 790k
2. Wii Wii Fit W/ Balance Board - 487k
3. 360 Fallout 3 - 375k
4. Wii Mario Kart W/ Wheel - 290k
5. Wii Wii Play W/ Remote - 282k
6. 360 Saints Row 2 - 270k
7. PS3 Socom: U.S. Navy Seals Confrontation - 231k
8. PS3 Little Big Planet - 215k
9. 360 NBA 2K9 - 202k
10. 360 Dead Space - 193k

the 360 is almost half the price of the ps3 now to.

Yay mom, you bought me a 360! Wait, I want to hook it up to wireless. Heres $99 for a wireless adapter. Wait, I want Live. Here's another $50 for a year subscription. Wait, I need a hard drive to save games. Here is another $100 for a hard drive son. Wait! I want to recharge my controllers! Here is another $20 son. Wait, I still need a game! Mom, I want to watch a Blu-Ray. Sorry son, you can't.

Yay mom, you bought me a 360! Wait, I want to hook it up to wireless. Heres $99 for a wireless adapter. Wait, I want Live. Here's another $50 for a year subscription. Wait, I need a hard drive to save games. Here is another $100 for a hard drive son. Wait! I want to recharge my controllers! Here is another $20 son. Wait, I still need a game! Mom, I want to watch a Blu-Ray. Sorry son, you can't.

You dont need live, you dont need wireless, you dont need to buy the 120 Gig HDD you dont need to buy the recharge pack. And you included Blu Ray into that? Fail...
And god knows the PS3 doesnt have anything you would want to buy for it of course.

I bought a bunch of 360 batteries w/ usb chargers for $0.90 each at Fry's. :p

You dont need live, you dont need wireless, you dont need to buy the 120 Gig HDD you dont need to buy the recharge pack. And you included Blu Ray into that? Fail...
And god knows the PS3 doesnt have anything you would want to buy for it of course.

Don't need Live. Wow, no online. PS3 has FREE ONLINE. Wireless? What if you can't hook it up wired? PS3 has BUILT IN WIRELESS. 120gb hard drive? No, lets just get a 20gb or 60gb. $100. PS3 has built in 40-80gb hard drives that are 2.5" and you can exchange as you like for up to 500gb. Want to charge your controllers? HAVE TO BUY A PACK. Not for PS3. Blu-Ray is a fail? Why don't you go watch some HD-DVD.
PS3 doesn't have anything? Sure, yeah, makes a shit load of sense with all that it has on it, right? Oh, wait, I know something we don't have....

RROD

The next Halo FPS will probably be on both.

I would seriously laugh my ass off and fall out of my chair and roll around on the floor, if a Halo game is announced on PS3. It would single handedly be the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Just like if a Final Fantasy game was announced for 360 right? Oh wait....too late.

Nice article, but Sony's got a LOT to do before they catch up to MS this time around. I like both consoles, but I've honestly had more fun with the 360 exclusives thus far.

One thing I don't get, though, is people calling Killzone 2 a "killer app". For one, it's not out yet. Secondly, it's a sequel to a piece of crap game. So, ya know, I think we should all wait just a 'lil longer on that front. :p

Back