• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PS3 folding and FahMon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyt3k9

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 26, 2006
Messages
2,240
Got my PS3 today, and I have already put it to work :D

Is there any way to monitor the PS3's folding process with the FahMon utility? Since it doesn't really have an OS directory that you can point FahMon to for the worklog files or whatever, I was wanting to know if this was possible.

All I can say is, damn this processor is effin' fast :eek: :eek:

100_0817.jpg
 
Not any real reason to monitor it, unless your PS3 is shutting off on it's own for some reason. It's stable as hell and nets you 900 ppd.
 
Not any real reason to monitor it, unless your PS3 is shutting off on it's own for some reason. It's stable as hell and nets you 900 ppd.

PS3 only gets 900PPD? I would think it would get more, considering what it is capable of. Hell, the box in my sig gets around 1500ppd, and I doubt it is producing as much as a PS3 does.
 
The PS3 will be getting larger / longer WU's soon (I think) so that might change, who knows.

The PS3 / GPU clients can only work on a selection of total WU's, that might be why it gets a lower PPD, whereas the SMP clients can do a small selection as well, but in a different context. They are general purpose WU's, and are just really really complex so they are required on the SMP versus anything else.

Also from what I remember, the GPU / PS3 clients do things implicitly while the CPU clients do them explicitly (or I might have that backwards).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top