PS3 Dilemma

But if I let the PS3 connected through the HDMI in the DVI monitor port and the PC through the DisplayPort??

The 4.21 firmware will slow down my ps3? if i select Settings->System Update, i have only one option: 4.21 and it tells me that i can't go back to the previous version. But it also it didn't let me to Sign in to PSN.

Last edited:
I know plenty of coworkers with modded 360s. Mostly to play burned games but they have no problem playing online. They are playing Halo 4 multiplayer happily now.

I’m not an expert but I thought Jtagged was something different. Modded yes but a different type of mod that in fact made it unbannable. One reason MS stopped manufacturing that particular system.

DVD firmware hack allows you to play burned games. If you have a perfectly burned game you can play online. As long as your revert back to stock before software updates you are usually safe from banning. You cannot run unsigned code this way.

JTAG xbox is an xbox that can run unsigned code, basically jailbreak so you can run homebrew. If you can run homebrew you can also cheat in games as you can modify code or memory. If you go online with a JTAG console your odds of getting banned are quite high.

But if I let the PS3 connected through the HDMI in the DVI monitor port and the PC through the DisplayPort??

The 4.21 firmware will slow down my ps3? if i select Settings->System Update, i have only one option: 4.21 and it tells me that i can't go back to the previous version. But it also it didn't let me to Sign in to PSN.

Most the updates are just stuff like Blu-ray player updates and software things/new features. Very rarely is there anything relating to the system performance itself. There isn't really any reason to go back to old versions other than the ancient firmware which allowed "OtherOS"'s, which was only for the original "fat" models (and even that is pointless as the otherOS was crap). :D

it will only let you sign in with the latest firmware probably as a security feature to slow people with modified firmware.

Most the updates are just stuff like Blu-ray player updates and software things/new features. Very rarely is there anything relating to the system performance itself. There isn't really any reason to go back to old versions other than the ancient firmware which allowed "OtherOS"'s, which was only for the original "fat" models (and even that is pointless as the otherOS was crap). :D

it will only let you sign in with the latest firmware probably as a security feature to slow people with modified firmware.

also, newer games wont work on old firmware (at least not without modified eboot files). Once a firmware goes 'gold', all games from that point forward are signed to work with that firmware and above.

I understand what you are saing. Now i have the 4.31 firmware and i have some questions.
I noticed that in PSN is running slow, with stumbling. It's normal? Has anybody faced this problem??
This caught my eyes because i see the same problema, without stumbling but running slow throught the menu, in Gran Turismo. I mention that i play the game from disc. I don't install to the HDD because it took too long. 30-40 minute. It's normal?
I have the same problem when i play movie from PC through PS Media Server, the movie play with interruption.

Last edited:
Nobody knows if it's my console problem or it's a common problem? Thanks

It's not a problem I've noticed?

Are you using the menu while ingame? It's noticably slower then as it's running off a single core (instead of all of them).

I understand what you are saing. Now i have the 4.31 firmware and i have some questions.
I noticed that in PSN is running slow, with stumbling. It's normal? Has anybody faced this problem??
This caught my eyes because i see the same problema, without stumbling but running slow throught the menu, in Gran Turismo. I mention that i play the game from disc. I don't install to the HDD because it took too long. 30-40 minute. It's normal?
I have the same problem when i play movie from PC through PS Media Server, the movie play with interruption.

You should install GT to the hard drive. Even with the game on the hard drive, those menus are so terrible I traded in the game. Recent updates were supposed to fix the menu and UI hell though.

Also I think the PSN Store is now slow and clunky, in case you were talking about that...

Last edited:
Back