• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

PS3 Controller with Windows

What options did the properties tab give you for device type, and what did you choose?
Must have missed this.

So this is going to be in Device Manager. Right click the controller and go to properties within Windows. There is a way to reassign the device type and I believe that you want to select Xbox Controller or Game Controller depending on if you have DS4Windows installed.

This is basically what DS4Windows does so I'd probably just do that. Give DS4Windows a try before you go screwing with the device stuff. If that doesn't work try the switcheroo.
 
Must have missed this.

So this is going to be in Device Manager. Right click the controller and go to properties within Windows. There is a way to reassign the device type and I believe that you want to select Xbox Controller or Game Controller depending on if you have DS4Windows installed.

This is basically what DS4Windows does so I'd probably just do that. Give DS4Windows a try before you go screwing with the device stuff. If that doesn't work try the switcheroo.

Thanks for the "shortcut."

From a technical standpoint, do you mean switchheroo, or switcharelli?
 
This is what has worked for me for years. Stopped console gaming after PS3 so I still use those controllers on PC.

PCSX2 xinput wrapper for DS3

Never had any issues with it. Getting the Bluetooth set up can be tricky though. Easiest way is to buy a cheap seperate dongle specifically to dedicate to the controller.

Their is lots of support help on their forum their if things aren't working for you.
 
This is what has worked for me for years. Stopped console gaming after PS3 so I still use those controllers on PC.

PCSX2 xinput wrapper for DS3

Never had any issues with it. Getting the Bluetooth set up can be tricky though. Easiest way is to buy a cheap seperate dongle specifically to dedicate to the controller.

Their is lots of support help on their forum their if things aren't working for you.

Is it a safe download?
 
Is it a safe download?
It is open source. I imagine people have looked through it. It was developed on a respected forum much as this one is. I always took it as a labor of love for the community. Its never given me any issues. Of course you can look through the PCSX2 thread and see what other people think too.

It is a very minimal program, no ads, pretty much download, setup, and forget. You can also have it activate only when you click on it if you don't want it to run in the background.
 
Back
Top