Proud New Mac Owner

icehokplyr

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone, I recently purchased my first Mac and so far, I love it. It is a Macbook Pro notebook. Any advice or recommendations will be much appreciated.
The simplicity in using this laptop is incredible. I've only had this for almost a week so I can't say that I should have done this a long time ago, but so far, I love it!!
I also doubt I'll get rid of my windows computers. It's good to have both, right??
Thanks guys...

I just picked up my "2nd" apple...a 13" Macbook unibody. It's nice, but I like a smaller laptop. I couldn't imagine having a 15" or 17" one. They are very thin though. I do like that :).

I wish they would make a notebook the size of the 12" Powerbook G4 with the thickness (or "thinness") of the unibody design.

If your MBP doesnt already have four gigs of ram get it! That is the biggest performance booster you can get as easily as possible.

I also doubt I'll get rid of my windows computers. It's good to have both, right??
Thanks guys...

Well you could install Windows on the MBP via Boot Camp and then you wouldn't need your Windows computers! :)

I've been wanting a MBP for awhile but I think in about a year I'll have enough other things out of the way that I can get one. Hopefully by then factory matte will be an option on the 15" again.

If your MBP doesnt already have four gigs of ram get it! That is the biggest performance booster you can get as easily as possible.

Mine has 2 gigs of ram. I have heard that upgrading to 4 would make me happy with the results.
Thanks.

I just picked up my "2nd" apple...a 13" Macbook unibody. It's nice, but I like a smaller laptop. I couldn't imagine having a 15" or 17" one. They are very thin though. I do like that :).

I wish they would make a notebook the size of the 12" Powerbook G4 with the thickness (or "thinness") of the unibody design.

My other notebook was an HP tx1000 Tablet PC. It worked fine until one day the wireless card just vanished. I researched everywhere I could (except here) and found that there are problems with the mobo. Anyway, it was a 12 and I really liked it allot.My MBP is a 15 inch and I find it perfect for me. I had a 17 inch laptop before too and it was too bulky to lug around. I know, I know, there are other things to complaining about but I know what you mean. Thanks for chiming in :)

My other notebook was an HP tx1000 Tablet PC. It worked fine until one day the wireless card just vanished. I researched everywhere I could (except here) and found that there are problems with the mobo. Anyway, it was a 12 and I really liked it allot.My MBP is a 15 inch and I find it perfect for me. I had a 17 inch laptop before too and it was too bulky to lug around. I know, I know, there are other things to complaining about but I know what you mean. Thanks for chiming in :)

I'll have to keep that in mind. I was looking at those because they are generally cheaper than other tablets. I have a feeling I'll probably get an IBM tablet because I like the build quality.

Mine has 2 gigs of ram. I have heard that upgrading to 4 would make me happy with the results.
Thanks.

I bought mine with 2GB and dealt with that for about 8 months. Then when I finally upgraded to 4GB the performance increase amazed me. I suggest the 4GB to all, especially since RAM is cheap these days.

I bought mine with 2GB and dealt with that for about 8 months. Then when I finally upgraded to 4GB the performance increase amazed me. I suggest the 4GB to all, especially since RAM is cheap these days.

I really didn't notice that big of a change. But then again, I was only using 2GB for a couple days and it was my first Macbook so I didn't really know what to expect.

I really didn't notice that big of a change. But then again, I was only using 2GB for a couple days and it was my first Macbook so I didn't really know what to expect.

Yeah, with some of the computers I work with the university buys them with 2GB standard and I upgrade it to 4GB right away. I guess if you get used to 2GB then 4GB seems like a great increase. Unfortunately, the more crap you install/tweak/configure, the slower things will run....

I always hate that part....

I guess I'm still learning ;). New to the whole OSX thing...lol. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

The unibody macbooks are fucking GORGEOUS. If Apple made a tablet & multitouch screen version of their high-end macbook pros, I'd be all over it like a fat drug addict on heroin covered cake.

ummm
if the thing thing isnt a big thing....i would recomend getting a gustum case for it. My bro recently got one, and i cant tell u, the case isnt something he regrets getting w/ it.

Back