Prosecutors Seeking Prison Time In MySpace Case

Let me quote you. You said civil.

Now while you want to argue, I should point out that you mentioned a video, which is a documented proof beyond reasonable doubt.... the mother her is more of a case of hearsay as there is no documented proof that she wanted the teen to die.

Some states also have duty laws. If you fail to help, you can be prosecuted....
That's why its easier to prove liability in civil court. It only takes 51% certainty to convict, whereas criminal is 100%.

Some states also have duty laws. If you fail to help, you can be prosecuted....
That's why its easier to prove liability in civil court. It only takes 51% certainty to convict, whereas criminal is 100%.

Which is where the parents failed in this case. So why isn't the parents charged? What about her friends?

People don't just turn polar and off themselves for no reason, there is usually a sign or lead that continues to push to the edge. The 40 year old hag may have pushed her right on the brink, but the parents pushed her over if you look at the quote posted a bit ago... and they also failed at their duty to protect their child.

The duty law is bullshit, especially with the latest case where a woman sued a bystander who tried to help her out of a burning car. She was paralyzed as the guy was trying to pull her from the burning wreckage... she had two choices, being burned alive or being saved but paralyzed and sue later.

The problem here is that again you completely miss the point of why your own rights are in danger. She is NOT being charged for any statements made to someone else or any taunts to someone or anything like that at all. She is ONLY being sentenced on the action of not putting a real name when she made a profile on an online website. So yes she should be prosecuted for attacking someone else online, being cruel and intentonally causing pain and hurt, and yes by all means bring charges for that. But to ignore that and use twisted logic to use something that should not be a crime to charge someone for something because you want to get them for something else opens up a huge highway for abuse.

Yes, I do understand what she was being charged of, and she was found guilty from 3 counts of it. But, the prosecutor is going for 3 years as the maximum possible sentence for that specific crime not because he can or for fun but because of her actions that resulted. It certainly could be a huge highway for abuse if prosecutors made no distrinction from someone making a fake account to post "LOL!" compared to someone making a fake account and doing what this woman did. But thank goodness for some common logic.

I really do see where you are coming from because this could be a possible loophole. But is it realistic possibility for the DA to stop one of us simply because of this charge and give us a maximum penalty for nothing else besides fake information? No, it doesn't seem realistic even with the "government and big corporation" possibility.

While I don't have a kid, I look at it from the parent perspective. If I was this girl's parents and she died from another ADULT harassing her and she ultimately killing herself, I think she should atleast get 5 years. This woman was an adult, she should have known better, kids that young are pretty fragile and if she knew the girl she must have known her and her circumstances. Make an example of this woman so other people think twice before doing what she did, apparently being an adult isn't common sense enough not to harass a 13 yr old.

Which is where the parents failed in this case. So why isn't the parents charged? What about her friends?

People don't just turn polar and off themselves for no reason, there is usually a sign or lead that continues to push to the edge. The 40 year old hag may have pushed her right on the brink, but the parents pushed her over if you look at the quote posted a bit ago... and they also failed at their duty to protect their child..

who knows honestly... I had a friend hang himself a few years ago. While it was sad, everyone said the same thing "I didn't see it coming"

most people that are craving attention, will threaten to end it... while the people who truely feel that helpless will usually do it quitely. Who knows, maybe her parents abused her and caused her to do what she did.... or maybe they didn't and had no idea how distraught she actually was.

either way, it's obvous that the lady on trial DID play a part in it

So all irrational people should be jailed?

Keep in mind, the girls parents fought with her and she died 20 minutes later when she stormed off to her room from the argument with her parents and herself.

So actually, you would be responsible ;)

The fact of the matter is that someone went out of their way to pretend to be someone else to get into her mind. Not that she was irrational.

Anyone with children here? If you found out your child died after a grown up pretended to be a child and was chatting online with your kid, would you just say "Oh well, my kid had it coming..." and let it go? (After beating yourself, of course)

Just curious, because I am not 100% sure on this, and can't really google it at work, but if a man does this same thing, do they get busted for being a pedo, if they never show up to the person's door?

I say 0 Time. No forcced herr to commit suicide she made the choice.. WAH WAH.. all this liberal handholding has ruined North America. Soon we will not be able to take a crap with out some holding our hand so we don't fall in a toilet.

Precidents are dangerous. When will people take responsibilities for their actions. Seriously are people getting that STUPID.

Not sure if you guys are familiar with the term Tyranny of the Minority. Governemnts now have nothing else better to do then make up retarted laws.

This is one of the reasons I am glad I don't live in North America any more.

who knows honestly... I had a friend hang himself a few years ago. While it was sad, everyone said the same thing "I didn't see it coming"

most people that are craving attention, will threaten to end it... while the people who truely feel that helpless will usually do it quitely. Who knows, maybe her parents abused her and caused her to do what she did.... or maybe they didn't and had no idea how distraught she actually was.

either way, it's obvous that the lady on trial DID play a part in it

Everyone in her life can be argued to have a part in it, because obviously something was wrong. The issue I have is that they are not going after the parents, not going after her friends, and not going after some other people in between.... they are going after this woman instead and making an example out of her.

Want to make a real example, blame the society and put ALL of them up on trial. Show the world that bullying or beating up on some kid is not acceptable. But placing the blame one one person, that's a little too extreme.

I say 0 Time. No forcced herr to commit suicide she made the choice.. WAH WAH.. all this liberal handholding has ruined North America. Soon we will not be able to take a crap with out some holding our hand so we don't fall in a toilet.

Precidents are dangerous. When will people take responsibilities for their actions. Seriously are people getting that STUPID.

Not sure if you guys are familiar with the term Tyranny of the Minority. Governemnts now have nothing else better to do then make up retarted laws.

This is one of the reasons I am glad I don't live in North America any more.
so, should the lady on trial NOT be held accountable for her actions? ;)

I'm a republican actually... and can't help but feel that this lady deserves whats coming to her

so, should the lady on trial NOT be held accountable for her actions? ;)

I'm a republican actually... and can't help but feel that this lady deserves whats coming to her

She should be on civil trial, not criminal. And if that was the case, I really would have cheered for the victims parents.

The problem is that there is more than one person to blame here but the blame is being pushed criminally and emotionally upon one person. The parents fought with her and she stormed to her bedroom hanging herself... had the parents been supportive instead, the outcome would be very different.

The sad part is that we no longer have a justice system of facts and law, we have a justice system based on emotion and convincing of the jury. You don't even have to have a great case, if you can convince the jury, you are gold.

Does it really matter that the girl was (most likely) mentally unstable?

If someone goes to a mental institution and starts harrasing the patients there and starts a riot that kills 10 people... do you really think that person shouldn't be held accountable? Does the argument "the patients were unstable to begin with" really hold up? How is this different since the woman knew the girl had issues to begin with.

To anyone saying there is not a law against it... when a law about a specific situation does not exist, the judicial system sets precident, which can later be formed into law. They may tack it onto the goofy charges that they are finding her guilty of now, but ultimately it should get re-configured by the lawmakers to make it more specific to the situation.

There are several laws relating to a child's perceived inability to make adult decisions. I don't know if any specific law applies, but the principle applies. An adult chose to mentally abuse a minor and wound up picking a mentally unstable 13-year old and contributing to her suicide.

If there's a legal way to put her in jail, power to the prosecution. Otherwise, one slips through the cracks. I think there's a significant amount of harassment that this lady is going through which at least gets some vengeance if not justice. Just a little good, clean and legal fun. :rolleyes:

She should be on civil trial, not criminal. And if that was the case, I really would have cheered for the victims parents.

The problem is that there is more than one person to blame here but the blame is being pushed criminally and emotionally upon one person. The parents fought with her and she stormed to her bedroom hanging herself... had the parents been supportive instead, the outcome would be very different.

The sad part is that we no longer have a justice system of facts and law, we have a justice system based on emotion and convincing of the jury. You don't even have to have a great case, if you can convince the jury, you are gold.

well, if that is truely the case then I agree with you. It seems that the jury saw it differently though. Seeing as I wasn't there, nor was I entitled to any of the specific information from the trial I'm just going by what I've read

as for the emotions of the jury thing, it's always been that way... and as long as people are calling the shots, it will always be that way. Unfortunitly it usually comes down to the better lawyer, not facts

Does it really matter that the girl was (most likely) mentally unstable?

If someone goes to a mental institution and starts harrasing the patients there and starts a riot that kills 10 people... do you really think that person shouldn't be held accountable? Does the argument "the patients were unstable to begin with" really hold up? How is this different since the woman knew the girl had issues to begin with.

To anyone saying there is not a law against it... when a law about a specific situation does not exist, the judicial system sets precident, which can later be formed into law. They may tack it onto the goofy charges that they are finding her guilty of now, but ultimately it should get re-configured by the lawmakers to make it more specific to the situation.

The analogy is bad and flawed.

A mental institution would block you from entering (parents failed at this), first strike. You would be jailed for trespassing (parents did not enforce this), second strike. You would be aware that the person is mental (impossible to know if you have a loony), third strike. The institution would protect and support the mental patients in relation to where the girls parents attacked her instead of supported her... you're out.

Everyone has issues, it's those of us who can control our own issues is what makes us stronger and resistant to words.

Basically what you are saying is that this girl should be in a mental ward? With that said, she was not fit for society so therefore under the circumstances of gross negligence of her parents, the case should be dropped?

But what tort do you use for pretending to be a child, and telling another child after building a trusting relationship with them that the world would be better off without them? She isn't being charged directly with the death.

And the fact that she condoned her own 13 year-old daughter to participate is just sick to me. WTF is wrong with parents today? I think she deserves the 3 years just so she loses her kid too. Not really eye for an eye, but it works.

I do agree with you that more people are responsible in this case, and that may come to light after putting this woman away.

And the fact that she condoned her own 13 year-old daughter to participate is just sick to me. WTF is wrong with parents today? I think she deserves the 3 years just so she loses her kid too. Not really eye for an eye, but it works.

As a responsible parent, I say string the bitch up. And adult attacking a child, verbally or physically, is a bloody CRIME. This, was a crime, and of the ugliest type. No matter how moron's try to justify the woman's actions, this was an adult verbally attacking a child in a manner that led to the child's death. Abuse is abuse. And then telling the child the world would be better off without them is a type of mental abuse that is so disgusting that anybody defending this whore is scum and undeserving of children. They are a sign of what's really wrong with this world, a near lack of accountability. You, an adult, attacks a child, your ass goes to jail, whether it was physical, verbal, mental, or any blend of the three. If that child dies as a result, hang the murdering bitch up by fishing hooks inserted into her toes.

My understanding is that the lady was prosecuted for crimes relating to breaking the TOS of Myspace. Now if she had been prosecuted for telling someone to go kill them selves then I would have a significant problem with a guilty verdict. You have to understand the precedent it would set. If I tell you to eat a bullet and you do it, I shouldn't be held liable for your actions. I can verbally abuse anyone I see fit as long as I don't broadcast it or print it. If you are a celebrity or a public official then I can print it or broadcast it because you have placed yourself in the position of notoriety. Be aware also that slander and libel are civil offenses and not criminal ones.

I have no problem with this lady spending the maximum amount of prison time for violating the TOS of a website. I hope she is sued into destitution in civil court.

I got no problem kicking an evil person when they are down.:D

As a responsible parent, I say string the bitch up. And adult attacking a child, verbally or physically, is a bloody CRIME. This, was a crime, and of the ugliest type. No matter how moron's try to justify the woman's actions, this was an adult verbally attacking a child in a manner that led to the child's death. Abuse is abuse. And then telling the child the world would be better off without them is a type of mental abuse that is so disgusting that anybody defending this whore is scum and undeserving of children. They are a sign of what's really wrong with this world, a near lack of accountability. You, an adult, attacks a child, your ass goes to jail, whether it was physical, verbal, mental, or any blend of the three. If that child dies as a result, hang the murdering bitch up by fishing hooks inserted into her toes.

lol were gonna need a bigger boat

*rimshot*

well, if that is truely the case then I agree with you. It seems that the jury saw it differently though. Seeing as I wasn't there, nor was I entitled to any of the specific information from the trial I'm just going by what I've read

as for the emotions of the jury thing, it's always been that way... and as long as people are calling the shots, it will always be that way. Unfortunitly it usually comes down to the better lawyer, not facts

I found this which might explain some things, I'm highlighting the things that stands out for me.

His name was Josh Evans. He was 16 years old. And he was hot.

"Mom! Mom! Mom! Look at him!" Tina Meier recalls her daughter saying.

Josh had contacted Megan Meier through her MySpace page and wanted to be added as a friend.

Yes, he's cute, Tina Meier told her daughter. "Do you know who he is?"

"No, but look at him! He's hot! Please, please, can I add him?"

Mom said yes.

Cool, so the mom and daughter doesn't know him, the girl thinks he's hot, so the mom just gives her consent. I would have gotten my ass beaten if that was me saying a girl or a guy was hot at that age.

As for 13-year-old Megan, of Dardenne Prairie, this is how she expressed who she was:

M is for Modern

E is for Enthusiastic

G is for Goofy

A is for Alluring

N is for Neglected.

Interesting choice of words.

She loved swimming, boating, fishing, dogs, rap music and boys. But her life had not always been easy, her mother says.

She was heavy and for years had tried to lose weight. She had attention deficit disorder and battled depression. Back in third grade she had talked about suicide, Tina says, and ever since had seen a therapist.

She's ADD and has suicide tenancies, yet the parents let her roam about.

It did seem odd, Tina says, that Josh never asked for Megan's phone number. And when Megan asked for his, she says, Josh said he didn't have a cell and his mother did not yet have a landline.

Seems odd that a hot guy who was so into her didn't call or leave a number, get clue 1.

Tina Meier was wary of the cyber-world of MySpace and its 70 million users. People are not always who they say they are.

Tina knew firsthand. Megan and the girl down the block, the former friend, once had created a fake MySpace account, using the photo of a good-looking girl as a way to talk to boys online, Tina says. When Tina found out, she ended Megan's access.

So Megan was also responsible for conning other people. What is that saying, what goes around comes...?

MySpace has rules. A lot of them. There are nine pages of terms and conditions. The long list of prohibited content includes sexual material. And users must be at least 14.

"Are you joking?" Tina asks. "There are fifth-grade girls who have MySpace accounts."

As for sexual content, Tina says, most parents have no clue how much there is. And Megan wasn't 14 when she opened her account. To join, you are asked your age but there is no check. The accounts are free.

As Megan's 14th birthday approached, she pleaded for her mom to give her another chance on MySpace, and Tina relented.

Cool, the mom thinks that while everyone else is doing it and it's cool, I'll let my daughter do it!!

She told Megan she would be all over this account, monitoring it. Megan didn't always make good choices because of her ADD, Tina says. And this time, Megan's page would be set to private and only Mom and Dad would have the password.

Sure that was private and password protected.... sarcasm. Had the parents done this, this would not have been an issue.

Megan was sobbing hysterically. Tina was furious that she had not signed off.

Once Tina returned home she rushed into the basement where the computer was. Tina was shocked at the vulgar language her daughter was firing back at people.

"I am so aggravated at you for doing this!" she told Megan.

Megan ran from the computer and left, but not without first telling Tina, "You're supposed to be my mom! You're supposed to be on my side!"

On the stairway leading to her second-story bedroom, Megan ran into her father, Ron.

"I grabbed her as she tried to go by," Ron says. "She told me that some kids were saying horrible stuff about her and she didn't understand why. I told her it's OK. I told her that they obviously don't know her. And that it would be fine."

Megan went to her room and Ron went downstairs to the kitchen, where he and Tina talked about what had happened, the MySpace account, and made dinner.

Twenty minutes later, Tina suddenly froze in mid-sentence.

Sooo... she has ADD and suicidal tenancies, yet you argue with her and let her storm off without looking at the situation?

She kills herself 20 minutes later once she declared my parents are not on my side.??

That ladies and gents is a textbook case of bad parenting.

Shit ton of more info on here http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.com/articles/2007/11/11/news/sj2tn20071110-1111stc_pokin_1.ii1.txt

Looks like Megans friend was also in on the deal and made one of the last posts before she died and ran with the story.

Quote:
"From the third grade Megan had been under the care of a psychiatrist. She had been prescribed Citalopram, Methylphenidate and Ziprasidone.[13] She had been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder and depression and considered herself overweight.[14] She was described by her parents as a "bubbly, goofy" girl who enjoyed spending time with her friends and family.[15]"

Citalopram:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citalopram

Methylphenidate:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate

Ziprasidone:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziprasidone

True.. it looks like the girl was already messed up, but apparently the "psychiatrist" didn't help --- typical non-results

And if you look at the "potential" side effects of those drugs, any simple statement could have potentially set her off.

My understanding is that the lady was prosecuted for crimes relating to breaking the TOS of Myspace. Now if she had been prosecuted for telling someone to go kill them selves then I would have a significant problem with a guilty verdict. You have to understand the precedent it would set. If I tell you to eat a bullet and you do it, I shouldn't be held liable for your actions. I can verbally abuse anyone I see fit as long as I don't broadcast it or print it. If you are a celebrity or a public official then I can print it or broadcast it because you have placed yourself in the position of notoriety. Be aware also that slander and libel are civil offenses and not criminal ones.

I have no problem with this lady spending the maximum amount of prison time for violating the TOS of a website. I hope she is sued into destitution in civil court.

I got no problem kicking an evil person when they are down.:D

Wrong. This is a case of an adult talking to a child. Adults are legally liable for what they tell children to do. If an adult then tricks the child into thinking that he or she is worthless and has no point to going on, this is a CHILD that monster is attacking. A child hasn't developed the natural defenses you WRONGLY assume they should have. Yes, you ARE liable for telling a child to "eat a bullet". Your ass goes to jail if they follow your instructions. I have no problems with that.

People need to quit making excuses for this rotten bitch. She used her adult logic and capability against a innocent child who had no defense. I hope they tie her ass to a stake and burn her. She's more of a witch then anything England thought they were hunting in the middle ages.

I don't think anyone in here is making excuses, as much as defending the way she should be tried.

She is guilty of something. Not too many disputes on that one. The question is what and how?

I know for damn sure if I was chatting to a 13 year old girl, and I pretended to be a 13 year old boy, then got help from someone from work and my own kids to "dump" said 13 year old girl just to mess with their head, I would not go unpunished. Probably more so if I knew the child had ADD and suicidal tendencies.

I do not have much time to read over it but will take your word for it. I'm not going to argue symatics, she (as an adult) should be held responsible for her part and so should anyone else involved... be it the parents, a teacher... maybe even a "strange" uncle lol

I'm not saying that the lady was the sole reason, but she certainly didn't help and if not for her, this whole situation would of been avoided. who knows, maybe she would of done it later in life anyway? Maybe she shouldn't be put in prision... instead brought up on child endangerment charges and have her own kid taken away

At any rate, we'll have to agree to disagree if you think she shouldn't be held liable on any level

The analogy is bad and flawed.

A mental institution would block you from entering (parents failed at this), first strike. You would be jailed for trespassing (parents did not enforce this), second strike. You would be aware that the person is mental (impossible to know if you have a loony), third strike. The institution would protect and support the mental patients in relation to where the girls parents attacked her instead of supported her... you're out.

Everyone has issues, it's those of us who can control our own issues is what makes us stronger and resistant to words.

Basically what you are saying is that this girl should be in a mental ward? With that said, she was not fit for society so therefore under the circumstances of gross negligence of her parents, the case should be dropped?

Ockie, you are right, it's a flawed analogy sure, but you missed the point and from what I understand this woman did know the girl was a mess. And I don't know if she belonged in a mental ward, but a lot of people here are saying the woman is innocent strictly on the basis that the kid had issues... My point was "so what|" - what makes the woman's behavior ok / not worthy of punishment. If we don't have a law in place that defends people against this kind of behavior, then it needs to be devloped.

And since you chose to belittle my post, I'll do the same... :)

A mental institution would block you from entering (parents failed at this)

Don't believe what you see on TV, a lot of mental wards have some open access to patients, including through fences and outside interaction very much possible. They aren't all high security prisons. If you think no one can get past those super high security rent a cops that are watching a couple security cameras, your smoking something - Strike one.

You would be jailed for trespassing (parents did not enforce this),

Jailed for trespassing, but not for causing a riot that killed people? Wrong - Strike Two

You would be aware that the person is mental (impossible to know if you have a loony),
Again, there is a presumption that the woman knew the girl had issues. Strike three.

The institution would protect and support the mental patients in relation to where the girls parents attacked her instead of supported her... you're out.
No - Your F#$%ing out (lol, don't take offense that from East Bound and Down that was on HBO).
You assume that institutions give better care to their patients than this girls parents gave to her - that's a tough leap given mental institutions track records..

Alright, I'm being a bit of a douche here, but there's no argument in the world that someone can make that I can't refute. Its an easy talent for both of us.
At some point though, people have to start acting like human beings again. The anonymity of the internet does seem to have taken away the soul of some people. If this woman had a concious I would say that knowing she caused some poor girl to die would be punishment enough. She probably could give 2 shits. I think her punishment should be the father gets to go over to her house, smash her computer, punch her in the face and tell her to grow the F up and act like an adult. Wouldn't solve anything but would probably feel good.

The mother deserves no time.

All she did was pretend to be a boy and dump the girl and harassed her a bit. Harassment online is no reason to kill yourself, especially when you're that young. The mother didn't kill the girl, the girl killed herself and that was a conscious decision she made over some teenage drama.

I'd like to think that a girl could handle being broken up with her e-boyfriend and some harsh words exchanged over myspace. Either she was a very weak person, or she might have had various other problems that bothered her in her life.

Agreed 100%.

My dad's friend's 13 year old daughter was raped by a 19 yr old, admitted it, and is getting 3 years of probation. So yeah, I'd say this sentence is quite harsh in comparison.

It was a dick move on the adult's part... But harassment isn't directly punishable with jail time.

well the part where an adult told a child "the world is better off without you" whom she thought was spreading rumors about her daughter, tends to suggest malice intent. She damn well knew what she was doing, that said she is being tried for wrong thing. Then again the whole reason they are going after her for that is because a jury decided she was not guilty of the real crimes.

Jurors decided Drew was not guilty of the more serious felonies of intentionally causing emotional harm while accessing computers without authorization.

The jury could not reach an unanimous verdict on a felony conspiracy charge.

Drew was not directly charged with causing Megan's death.

Drew's attorney, H. Dean Steward, has asked U.S. District Court Judge George H. Wu to throw out the verdicts.

She needs to be tried to abuse and coruption of a minor make her a sex-offerer it is much more fitting. This case is being used to make laws that way to general.

It was a dick move on the adult's part... But harassment isn't directly punishable with jail time.

I just read this, not sure how accurate it was, but a quote from another site:

On Wednesday, October 21st, city officials enacted an ordinance designed to address the public outcry for justice in the Megan Meier tragedy. The six member Board of Aldermen made Internet harassment a misdemeanor, punishable by up to a $500 fine and 90 days in jail. (from http://internetsafetyeducator.com/j...ying-by-an-adult-posing-as-teenager-resu.html)

If this is the case, then it would be punishable. However, that ordinance would only allow up to 90 days, making this easily appealed upon conviction. Who knows, I have a hard time beleiving a quote on the internet.

I just read this, not sure how accurate it was, but a quote from another site:

On Wednesday, October 21st, city officials enacted an ordinance designed to address the public outcry for justice in the Megan Meier tragedy. The six member Board of Aldermen made Internet harassment a misdemeanor, punishable by up to a $500 fine and 90 days in jail. (from http://internetsafetyeducator.com/j...ying-by-an-adult-posing-as-teenager-resu.html)

If this is the case, then it would be punishable. However, that ordinance would only allow up to 90 days, making this easily appealed upon conviction. Who knows, I have a hard time beleiving a quote on the internet.

90 days only for the harrasment itself. But the act of internet harassement is deemed illegal, add to it that in this case that act resulted in someones death, then you have manslaughter. The question is wether or not you consider the minor mentally fit (for lack of a better term) enough to be accountable for her own actions (the suicide).manslaughter charges.

Ugh, twice in a few minutes.......ignore the last couple words on my last post = copy/past goof up.

Sadistic mental abuse of a child. Someone else's child. Resulting in the death of that child...
3 years in prison is fine if they beat her to within an inch of her life each week.

Kids are abused far worse than she was every day in every school, yet they don't commit suicide, nor do those that abuse them go to prison for three years.

The girl that killed herself was mentally unstable and should have been put into an institution before something like this happened. This was her parents' responsibility, and her death is their fault.

If im crazy, and you make fun of me deliberately on the intarwebz, and I kill myself, its my fault im dead, not yours. Your still an ass, im still dead, and its sad, but its NOT your fault.

If you take "make fun of me on the intarwebz" and multiple by 1000 times more aggressive, IM's, emails, online posts, It doesn't change a thing. It becomes harassment at worse. I KILL myself because I AM CRAZY, not because your a dick.

This is just like saying all the kids who harassed/bullied those columbine shooters deserved what they got. I mean, those poor shooters were emotionaly imbalanced and had issues, and its not their fault everyone was so mean to them!!!! The only difference they didn't kill themselves, they killed others. Whose fault was it?

The problem is, you are not crazy. And I highly doubt you have ever experiences anything that would break your prissy little bubble. You are a plague to society. Go die.

3 years wouldn't be long enough if she was put into hell itself for that time as far as I'm concerned.

I'm pretty sure that any kind of severe psychological abuse of a minor on the part of an adult can be a serious crime. There are more kinds of child abuse than physical abuse. This was clearly a severe case of deceit and abuse.

This is different than just some random internet person hurting another's feelings leading to that person's suicide. Clearly the internet person is just an asshole, and hasn't commited a crime. HOWEVER, as I understand it, the woman SIGNED UP to myspace in order to purposefully abuse this girl, after already having known the girl in real life. That is a totally different ballgame. Maybe the woman already knew this girl had issues (probable, in my opinion), and wanted to exploit them further??? She showed intent to cause psychological distress to a child, which is a crime. Period.

The whole fucking internet needs to redone. Start over from scratch, don't allow any social networking sites, no chat rooms, no blogs, no twittering, nothing. Start at the basics, porn, pirated software, and silly/stupid photos of animals doing things with captions.

The whole fucking internet needs to redone. Start over from scratch, don't allow any social networking sites, no chat rooms, no blogs, no twittering, nothing. Start at the basics, porn, pirated software, and silly/stupid photos of animals doing things with captions.

I can haz internet harrasment?

It amazes me the level of information people are willing to just put out on the internet for all to see. I know people who make hiring decisions at a major corporation who have sent me links to the My Space pages of rejected applicants. Who in their right mind doesn't realize their employer or potential employer is probably going to see the pictures of you passed out in your own vomit. I wish I could go Google invisible like the guy in Wanted.

What this woman did, though, deserves a special place in hell. Does anyone know why she did this? If it was just for /b style lulz, she deserves much worse.

How much, little, if any jail time this woman should get is debatable. Both the "cold reason" and "bleeding heart" camps have already got that covered, so I'll abstain.

Her civil liability in this incident is huge however. She is so gonna get her ass handed to her if this ends up in civil court.

Now, if I were one of those that believed in karma, hell, or divine retribution, I would say this woman is going to suffer quite a bit during the rest of her life, and scream for eternity burning in hell after it ends. I can't say I put much stock in that sort of thing. But people like her often make me wish the idea many assorted religions hold that, good, evil, or in between, "we all get what's coming to us in the end", was a certain fact.

The problem is, you are not crazy. And I highly doubt you have ever experiences anything that would break your prissy little bubble. You are a plague to society. Go die.

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Back