Props to EVGA

I was always under the impression nvidia's add in board partners assembled the heatsink/shroud and others components to the pcb, boxed and labeled the products for retail.

I just wanted to let you guys know I recently over the last few days had my first ever RMA experience with EVGA.

While playing warhead saturday night I experienced, a few times, some screen corruption and arttificating and a total system lock up requiring a hard reboot. Well needless to say I assumed it was the video card going bad, although my temps were fine, this had been going on for a few days, I knew it's time might be up since I bough it way back in november of 06. Needless to say after the third system lock up I went to reboot and bang no video signal. After some testing I was 95% sure it was my card. So off I go at 2 am saturday night to call EVGA tech support to get some advice and to open an RMA ticket.

Spoke to one of the reps and he got me going very quickly. I explained to him I did not want to have a situation where I was out of my card for a week and a half or so, since I don't have another pci-e graphics card on hand. Which I figured through the standard RMA process it would wind up being. I offered to to overnight my card and have them over night me a new one asap at my own expense. He explained to me that I could sign up for their advanced RMA program which involves cross shipping even though I hadn't signed up for this program at the time of my registering the card almost 2 years ago. Well, needless to say, I was pretty pleased to see a one time fee of 30 bucks got me my new 8800gtx replacement shipped out on tuesday night and in my hands from CA to NY by wednesday afternoon. As soon as ups dropped off the card I popped it in my machine and off i went and have been gaming on it all night. So far so good.

In between saturday night and today I must have called EVGA at least a half dozen times for various reasons/questions and they were always polite, professional and on the ball.

So I know for alot of you guys, who have been using EVGA for years probably aren't suprsied to here this, but I thought I would share my experience for anyone who has never used EVGA or maybe was considering too but wasn't sure about their CS.

So in short I was and am very pleased with their level of service and will DEFINETLY be buying EVGA graphics for my up and coming CI7 build in the next 6 weeks or so. :)

Glad to hear that your RMA is going as well as mine. My step-up card wasn't even
registered when it took a dirt nap! eVGA did me right and I'm getting a single slot 8800GT(should be 512mb)
in exchange for my old 7900GT KO 512mb!

They're not superior to anyone just because they have a lifetime warranty. In this paticular example the card failed. The manufacturer is poor if the product fails.

Asus and Msi only have a 3 year warranty, right. Well guess what? I've never had an Asus or MSI product fail on me. But people buy into this BS. They think ooh, lifetime warranty, it MUST be good. What an effen crock. Sorry, reminds me of all the trouble I had with BFG.

That's just an ignorant statement. :rolleyes: No matter how well something is made there is a chance it can break. EVGA's customer service is better than most, In my experience. I have had to RMA 3 video cards over the years and each RMA was painless with EVGA. Plus they offer the Step Up program which is awesome and something they DO NOT have to do.

Are the cards all the same ? Yep, made overseas then vendors "features" such as factory overclocking different heatsinks etc are added then vendor name gets put on em. The fact they they (EVGA) are in the US since I live in the US is a huge bonus. Ever try to do an RMA through Asus or MSI ? Good luck getting someone that speaks good english or even a speedy reply. I have dealt with Asus, MSI, EVGA, Acer, Dell and Gigabyte on RMA's when I was a tech in the retail sector.

Asus is a nightmare to deal with, their attitude is there can't possibly be a problem with their hardware , you just must be an idiot and don't know what your doing. :rolleyes:
MSI is ok but takes for freaking ever. Acers service has always been top notch and quick. Dells can be anywhere from excellent to totally horrible and some of their support people outright lie to you. Gigabyte seems to actually care about the impression their customers have of them. Turnaround time to Taiwan or China can be pretty slow but overall their service is good.

So yes, when EVGA offers me a lifetime warranty, lets me overclock the card or add aftermarket cooling and it is still under warranty, when they have awesome forums that EVGA staff monitor and reply to questions in, they ARE better than the others. :eek:

I like EVGA. They have been professional and courteous.

I have been lucky I guess and I hope it lasts.

In most cases its a reference board with a few tweaks but there are definitely some non-reference designs as well. This includes motherboard and videocards. Lots of videocard manufacturers like to make their own custom cooling solutions which usually set the card apart from everyone elses.

Know the difference between EVGA/XFX and the ATI partners?
Change your heatsink?
evga/xfx - still under warranty
ATI - go fuck yourself

Overclock your card?
evga/xfx - still under warranty
ATI - go fuck yourself

Seeing a pattern here? At least with evga and xfx they allow you to change coolers, overclock, etc, so unless you do something retarded like break the card while changing heatsinks, you are covered. Do ANYTHING but run your card at stock settings with stock heatsink on an ATI card and your warranty is voided.

I remember when the same applied for Nvidia partners, and with both companies you just had to make sure there was no evidence of removing the heatsink....Which is essentially what EVGA and XFX do now as well.

Whoopdie Doo, you can tell tech support you overclocked. I can avoid mentioning it with ATi and nothing has changed.

Whoopdie Doo, you can change your heatsink and RMA it after returning it to stock. So can anyone with an ATi card that doesn't call Tech Support and exclaim that they overclocked and changed the heatsink.

If you return a card to EVGA and you failed to reapply thermal paste to the cores, or have damaged the thermal pads, chances are they'll disqualify you upon inspection (if they inspect that well). Same goes for ATi.

****************************************************************************************
EVGA and XFX essentially can do what they do because:

-If you overclock your card, they'll never figure it out unless you tell them, which no one does. They decided for the gimmick of allowing it, at no additional risk to them.

-If you replace the heatsink then return it in stock fashion they probably will never know.

-If you fuck up your heatsink re-installation and its non-conforming to stock specs, they can claim you damaged the card.

-They can cross-ship with reduced prices for the customer because they have certain deals with UPS to get extremely cheap shipping (every business that ships regularly has competitively negotiated shipping fees).

-Their step-up program will usually net them additional income. They price their retail cards insanely high, so if you buy from Newegg and later step-up to a better card, they're getting full MSRP on the new card and get to sell the used one for a profit in the end.

*********************************************************************************************

EVGA and XFX simply have figured out how to do the above without losing money. Neither company would hold such policies if they lost money on it.

That's just an ignorant statement. :rolleyes: No matter how well something is made there is a chance it can break. EVGA's customer service is better than most, In my experience. I have had to RMA 3 video cards over the years and each RMA was painless with EVGA. Plus they offer the Step Up program which is awesome and something they DO NOT have to do.

Are the cards all the same ? Yep, made overseas then vendors "features" such as factory overclocking different heatsinks etc are added then vendor name gets put on em. The fact they they (EVGA) are in the US since I live in the US is a huge bonus. Ever try to do an RMA through Asus or MSI ? Good luck getting someone that speaks good english or even a speedy reply. I have dealt with Asus, MSI, EVGA, Acer, Dell and Gigabyte on RMA's when I was a tech in the retail sector.

Asus is a nightmare to deal with, their attitude is there can't possibly be a problem with their hardware , you just must be an idiot and don't know what your doing. :rolleyes:
MSI is ok but takes for freaking ever. Acers service has always been top notch and quick. Dells can be anywhere from excellent to totally horrible and some of their support people outright lie to you. Gigabyte seems to actually care about the impression their customers have of them. Turnaround time to Taiwan or China can be pretty slow but overall their service is good.

So yes, when EVGA offers me a lifetime warranty, lets me overclock the card or add aftermarket cooling and it is still under warranty, when they have awesome forums that EVGA staff monitor and reply to questions in, they ARE better than the others. :eek:

Sorry, which part was ignorant? Not very nice are you.

LOL. You've had to RMA 3 cards from EVGA over the years. Too bad. I've never had to RMA any Asus or MSI cards. So, imo you keep shooting yourself in the foot. Yeah, maybe Asus tech support is terrible, but if you never have to deal with them then who cares?

I have RMA'd to EVGA numerous times and I haven't experienced anything bad yet. Actually they have sent me retail boxes for newer video cards for my older RMA cards.

EVGA rocks. I bought a 9800GX2 that was running very hot, so I removed the cover to help cool it down, and they accepted it back (with the cover re-attached) for Step-Up with no problem after a very long delay on my side of the Step-Up process. I'll buy from EVGA anytime they give me the chance.

I have RMA'd to EVGA numerous times and I haven't experienced anything bad yet. Actually they have sent me retail boxes for newer video cards for my older RMA cards.
why have you had to RMA so many products in the first place though? of all the dozens of products I have owned only one required an RMA and that was just because the fan started crapping out.

LOL. You've had to RMA 3 cards from EVGA over the years. Too bad. I've never had to RMA any Asus or MSI cards. So, imo you keep shooting yourself in the foot. Yeah, maybe Asus tech support is terrible, but if you never have to deal with them then who cares?

You know, not to be an ass, but to think you will never ever have to rma a piece of electronic/computer hardware is pretty moronic. There being lucky and then theres reality. The reality is you have been lucky and thatsgreat for you, but don't procede to act like you will never get a bad piece of hardware. if and when you do you WILL regret asus's CS. Nuff said on that.

$30 to replace a 2 year old card quickly sounds great to me. Props to EVGA.

no, a lot quicker. and with a return shipping sticker. and thats only if you didnt buy the ear when you registered. then its only $16 for overnight. $19 for overnight on weekends.
well you have the one guy posting who somehow every time he goes to exchange a card to evga, it turns into a months long saga of misery. yet he still buys evga (and there is a pages long thread here where he describes a months long saga of misery returning an ati card, also). and another couple guys "evga sucks", but know nothing about their rma procedures, or even who manufactures the cards. then you have the guys who have actually dealt with evga, the majority of whom are very satisfied.

really? $30 just to get a card back a little quicker sounds like a good deal? :confused:

The sooner you realise not everyone has to share your opinion the better off you'll be. If the guy feels it was a good deal then it was a good deal. If/When you need to RMA a piece of hardware you have the option of NOT doing what he did. You've expressed your opinion on the matter, some people just aren't going to agree with you. Get over it. :rolleyes:

The sooner you realise not everyone has to share your opinion the better off you'll be. If the guy feels it was a good deal then it was a good deal. If/When you need to RMA a piece of hardware you have the option of NOT doing what he did. You've expressed your opinion on the matter, some people just aren't going to agree with you. Get over it. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: wow I can roll my eyes too

Congradulations. What you can't seem to do is get over yourself. Try that for a change.

Congradulations. What you can't seem to do is get over yourself. Try that for a change.
Im just fine but it seems to be you with the problem. People have different opinions but Im not being an ass about like you. You could have made your earlier point without the eye roll or then again maybe you couldnt...

I could have sure, but it's there for a reason and I used it. You expressed your opinion on post #2 of this thread and continue to make condescending remarks to people who do not share your opinion in just about ever sinlge one of your posts thereafter, up to and including post #53. No one cares what you think, get over it. :rolleyes:

I could have sure, but it's there for a reason and I used it. You expressed your opinion on post #2 of this thread and continue to make condescending remarks to people who do not share your opinion in just about ever sinlge one of your posts thereafter, up to and including post #53. No one cares what you think, get over it. :rolleyes:
and who the fuck are you to tell me or anybody else what they can or cant say? my last reply wasnt to the OP and certainly had nothing to do with YOU and also wasnt meant to be condescending. perhaps you should take your own advice about getting over it...

I never told you what you can or cannot say. Perhaps you should read more carefully instead of letting your emotions get the best of you.

You're the one who has a problem with people who think they've been treated well by EVGA and are for whatever reason, trying way to hard to convince them that they haven't been. Unsuccessfully I might add. I'm the guy telling you no one cares what you think. I doubt anyone in this thread who thought they got a good deal or were treated well by EVGA has now changed their mind because you enlightened them. :rolleyes:

I never told you what you can or cannot say. Perhaps you should read more carefully instead of letting your emotions get the best of you.

You're the one who has a problem with people who think they've been treated well by EVGA and are for whatever reason, trying way to hard to convince them that they haven't been. Unsuccessfully I might add. I'm the guy telling you no one cares what you think. I doubt anyone in this thread who thought they got a good deal or were treated well by EVGA has now changed their mind because you enlightened them. :rolleyes:
and I doubt anyone cares what you have posted in here. last time I looked this was a forum and at least what I posted was on topic about the issue. all you can do is be an ass and roll your eyes... but at least that makes you feel better right?

if you actually look back through the posts you will see that I originally misunderstood what the op said. I wasnt an ass to him nor was he to me and clearly explained to me what the details were and all was fine. my other comment was to somebody else because I didnt know if they were being sarcastic or not.

I have had good experiences with evga rma's. I have had terrible service from leadtek, had to toss my 6800gt in the trash can under warranty. I have had 2 ati cards fail and never got them replaced. EVGA is the only company to replace my cards(2) over the years with no problems.

How others feel about my opinion is completely irrelevant in this thread because I'm not the one trying to force my opinions on anyone else as you are. My comments on this thread are directed towards you specifically. And yes, I do get a kick that something as simple as :rolleyes: can get under someones skin so easily. If you don't like it, you can easily avoid it by accepting the fact that not everyone is going to share your opinion. If not, well, you'll just have to get use to it.

How others feel about my opinion is completely irrelevant in this thread because I'm not the one trying to force my opinions on anyone else as you are. My comments on this thread are directed towards you specifically. And yes, I do get a kick that something as simple as :rolleyes: can get under someones skin so easily. If you don't like it, you can easily avoid it by accepting the fact that not everyone is going to share your opinion. If not, well, you'll just have to get use to it.
please see my edited post and if you still want to be a jerk then you clearly have issues.

I have had good experiences with evga rma's. I have had terrible service from leadtek, had to toss my 6800gt in the trash can under warranty. I have had 2 ati cards fail and never got them replaced. EVGA is the only company to replace my cards(2) over the years with no problems.

yea me too. leadtek is the reason i started to include warranty/customer service as my #1 consideration in buying a video card. in the days when you had to rma even doa cards to the "manufacturer" i got a doa agp 6800gt and leastek took 10 weeks to send me a new one. kept saying that it was "out of stock" while every online store had it in stock the whole time.

Friend gives me an EVGA 8400GS that stopped working on him. I get his newegg receipt. I register the card on EVGA's site. And I RMA it. They paid shipping one way. Sweet. Six days later I get a package from EVGA. What's in it? A brand new 8600GT. It came right off the shelf.

Well a lot of people have differing ideas of what good cs is/isn't. For me, evga is great and I couldn't be happier to get a brand new replacement card in my hands and in my rig in 3 days. Yes, I paid a few bucks for that quick turn around. However that was my choice, I could have gone the regular RMA route but I would have probably been without a card for 1-2 weeks with that process and dealing with ground shipping each way. For me I wasn't going to do that, again my choice.

As has been said many times, choosing an nvidia board partner, when buying video cards, comes down to mainly warranty, customer service and reputation. Evga is the company I will roll with for my ci7 build and for many years to come I suspect.

Well a lot of people have differing ideas of what good cs is/isn't. For me, evga is great and I couldn't be happier to get a brand new replacement card in my hands and in my rig in 3 days. Yes, I paid a few bucks for that quick turn around. However that was my choice, I could have gone the regular RMA route but I would have probably been without a card for 1-2 weeks with that process and dealing with ground shipping each way. For me I wasn't going to do that, again my choice.

As has been said many times, choosing an nvidia board partner, when buying video cards, comes down to mainly warranty, customer service and reputation. Evga is the company I will roll with for my ci7 build and for many years to come I suspect.
I like to have motherboards with integrated graphics or cheap card lying around if Im going to run an expensive video card just in case. I just ordered an ASUS 4670 and I am very nervous because I usually have EVGA or other Nvidia cards. yeah its a cheap card but an RMA is a hassle no matter what and hopefully all goes well and I wont need to do it in the first place. ;)

A company that is willing to be kind to their customers should be returned in kind. There aren't a ton of businesses that consider it important, as more money can often be made by screwing the customer. As long as Nvidia can supply a card that is worth it, I'll buy EVGA until I'm under the ground.

Uh oh, the personal experience examples! I have never had to RMA anything from eVGA, but I have had to RMA a mobo from Asus once. CLEARLY ASUS MAKES CRAP.

Except I don't think that at all (I even use an Asus mobo in my current build and rather like them), because that would be stupid. Being lucky or unlucky with something being defective in a limited sample does not equal the overall brand quality.

You know, not to be an ass, but to think you will never ever have to rma a piece of electronic/computer hardware is pretty moronic. There being lucky and then theres reality. The reality is you have been lucky and thatsgreat for you, but don't procede to act like you will never get a bad piece of hardware. if and when you do you WILL regret asus's CS. Nuff said on that.

I never said that I think I will never have to rma something. I have in fact.

Not to be an ass, but calling me a moron is being an ass.

Uh oh, the personal experience examples! I have never had to RMA anything from eVGA, but I have had to RMA a mobo from Asus once. CLEARLY ASUS MAKES CRAP.

Except I don't think that at all (I even use an Asus mobo in my current build and rather like them), because that would be stupid. Being lucky or unlucky with something being defective in a limited sample does not equal the overall brand quality.

I agree. Overall brand quality cannot be measured by user experience. However, user experience does influence the way we purchase a great deal.

I never said that I think I will never have to rma something. I have in fact.

Not to be an ass, but calling me a moron is being an ass.

Your right about this statement. I'm sorry for calling you a moron, was my bad. :)

I have two EVGA 8800 GTs in SLI and so far they have been awesome. Thanks for posting the good experience, so I know what to expect if I ever need them.

I have two EVGA 8800 GTs in SLI and so far they have been awesome. Thanks for posting the good experience, so I know what to expect if I ever need them.

Your welcome. This is exactly why I posted my experience.

Back