Proposed gaming rig

Looks good to me, but I'd wait for some other input before pulling the trigger ;)

Defnitely step up to an HD4850 if you pay that much for an 8800GT card. You might as well as the HD4850 will perform better and justifies paying a little more over the 8800GT. But, I gotta admit, I have that 8800GT card and it performs very well.

Looks good to me. Though if possible, spend the extra $45 for the HD 4850:
VisionTek 900241 Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI-E Video Card - $190

But the 8800GT is a good choice. What size monitor do you have?

Thanks, I just picked up a 24" LG monitor (W2452T). My last two cards have been ATI, and I've never been very happy with them, so I'm going back to nVidea, at least for now. I was looking at the 8800GS, but I decided I would splurge another few bucks for the GT model.

Thanks again!

But, I gotta admit, I have that 8800GT card and it performs very well.

Same for me too :) It's a good card but I'd get the HD4850 if I haven't already bought the 8800GT. Still kicking myself for missing out on the $150 Best Buy HD4850 that came out less than two weeks after I bought my 8800GT for $150.....

Still might want to look at the HD4850, especially at your resolution. It outperforms the 8800GT at that res.

It's ok man. Hehe..I bought mines at $270 at Circuit City back in Jan of this year because I was afraid it wouldn't fit in my Acer Q6600 system. I should have installed it, see it it fits and if it does, return to Circuit City and order it online. LoL. Oh wells too late now. Plus, I was anxious to play UT3 already. Great card, I have absolutely no issues gaming with that card.

Same for me too :) It's a good card but I'd get the HD4850 if I haven't already bought the 8800GT. Still kicking myself for missing out on the $150 Best Buy HD4850 that came out less than two weeks after I bought my 8800GT for $150.....

Still might want to look at the HD4850, especially at your resolution. It outperforms the 8800GT at that res.

I have a new in box Xigmatech HDT S1283 and retention bracket I'll sell for $5 less than Newegg (with shipping) shipped. I ordered it from them, then found the bracket like $2 less somewhere else, canceled the first order, ordered again.... both showed up at my front door anyway. Frustrating. My loss is your gain and all that.

Back