Projekt Passiv-Agressiv, 100% custom. *updated not too long ago?*

i feel like this reply isnt even worth 2 cents because its amung so many that say the same thing

but let me make this very clear

this is the best case mod, design, idea, and construction i have ever seen in 2 years

heh, thanks, thats nice to hear. I take alot of pride in design and fabrication.

In case you all were wondering:

Overall, it cost me about $650,

$150 for the odds and ends parts for the water system

$100 for the case

$250 for powdercoating(Well worth it IMO)

and then the rest($150) was just other parts, fans lighting leds, heatsinks, etc

My budget is usually $500 for a case, but it went over just a tad on this one. not bad though when you think about the thousands others spend.

Hows that for budget modding?

Cheers

I like this. Its hot.

But agreed with the statement above, we need more pictures. I would love to see some final pictures.

Ok, so I finished this case finally, and I was verrrry pleased to turn it on, and only see lights, and water flowing. No noise. the fans are 120s that turn at less than 700RPM, with a 160GB FDB maxtor in a solid aluminum enclosure, with passive radiators and a passively cooled PSU.

Here is an overall shot of the case, Notice the tinted red Plexi. Also visible is the Lian Li badge, heh, had to keep it.

final1.jpg

Opposite side, and back panel, all accents done in red, :D

final2.jpg

Moving on to the front panel, Red mesh, and the black carbon filters were added. DVD drive stealthed, i know, rather unoriginal, but it fit for this case.

final3.jpg

Close up of the power button, and mesh inserts.

final4.jpg

Interior, white chassis.

final5.jpg

Interior again, notice wires with brass fittings and tubing.

final6.jpg

ATX wire, in tubing.

final7.jpg

Supply to the GPU, notice the etched details on the waterblock.

final8.jpg

Another overall shot.

final9.jpg

Flow indicator, detail of an acorn nut on the mounting plate, plate was just sanded with a 120 grit radial wheel.

final10.jpg

Very cool/random shot, the plexi is in fact red. If you would like to see how it looks, follow these easy steps:

Get a pin
Poke yourself
Let it bleeeed
Shine a white LED through the puddle. thats the color of the plexi.

final11.jpg

Rear overall shot.

final12.jpg

Overall shot, Lights off

final13.jpg

opposite side, lights off

final14.jpg

Front intakes for PSU, lit by the fan controller LEDs, interesting effect.

final15.jpg

Flow indicator/Resivior, lights off.

final16.jpg

Interior, Lights off

final17.jpg

The top panel, with 24 LEDs, lit up in ALL ITS ****ING GLORY. That thing took at least 6 hours to make the LED chain.

final18.jpg

Lastly, a Shot of the flames plus some interior detail, just eye candy.

final19.jpg

So, thats about it for this case. Im done with modding for at least a year or so, Im planning on another hiatus, which will most likely be cut short, so stay tuned. Thanks for reading, I always appreciate community feedback and support. tell your friends!!

Dude.. i dont actually know what to say :p

that looks bloody amazing imo.. how's it running

Have you tried putting ice cubes on the rad fins yet? I dont think I could resist trying that at least once :D

joeyguy said:
i feel like this reply isnt even worth 2 cents because its amung so many that say the same thing

but let me make this very clear

this is the best case mod, design, idea, and construction i have ever seen in 2 years

QFT!

This is mad crazy custom work. You did an excellent job. I'm sure you put MANY hours of work into it.

I think I need to change my pants. No really, I think I need to after seeing that. You, my friend, deserve to be linked on Friday's [H]ardForum [H]appenings. If your project doesn't, then I am going to kick Steve. Or just PM him until he puts up the link.

How are your temps so far?

Holy god this is awesome, BUT.....

I think Sleeving the PSU in red or black loom with red, black, or white heatshrink would have been more appealing than that ugly cross threaded tube.

And those brass fittings around the PSU wires can either:

A) Go away when you sleeve it as said above...

or..

B) Anodize them White/Black/Red to make it at least look nice...

Dillusion said:
Holy god this is awesome, BUT.....

I think Sleeving the PSU in red or black loom with red, black, or white heatshrink would have been more appealing than that ugly cross threaded tube.

And those brass fittings around the PSU wires can either:

A) Go away when you sleeve it as said above...

or..

B) Anodize them White/Black/Red to make it at least look nice...
seconded, i was just about to post the exact same thing, some nice black or red sleeving would make an incredble impovement. dont get me wrong this is one of the better looking flame mods ive seen

Thank you all, I really do like to hear sugestions as well. Ill take those into consideration. I wasnt totally pleased with the look of the ATX wire either, but I was going for a big, beefy look. Plus, when its inside the case, all the colors look basically the same, so the only improvements color wise would be seen if the side panel is taken off. The red plexi just tints everything red anyway. I will consider redoing the ATX power though, it sticks out IMO.

Thanks for your feedback, Tell your friends!! If you really like this case, get the word out there! :D :D

"Very cool/random shot, the plexi is in fact red. If you would like to see how it looks, follow these easy steps:

Get a pin
Poke yourself
Let it bleeeed
Shine a white LED through the puddle. thats the color of the plexi."

That's pretty damn funny. :p

That is a great looking case.

Oh... My... God... That is THE only Lian Li case that I like... Congratulations on making such a beautiful case...

Now, the almighty question, what kind of temps are you getting with the passiveness?

Congratulations, you won the internet.
Everything down to your own custom coolers and amazing metal work... *nominates for [H] case of the year if there was such a thing*

Wow, personally I hate flames...and black and red....and tribal designs. But my god, that took some serious work. I can tell you really are passionate about what you do, and I wish you the best of luck in future mods.

Blissful Thinking said:
Wow, personally I hate flames...and black and red....and tribal designs. But my god, that took some serious work. I can tell you really are passionate about what you do, and I wish you the best of luck in future mods.

You sir have some serious pride and dignity. Thank you. I appreciate it very much. :D

KrakenGuy said:
Oh... My... God... That is THE only Lian Li case that I like... Congratulations on making such a beautiful case...

Now, the almighty question, what kind of temps are you getting with the passiveness?

Temps right now are stablized around 35 idle, 43 load, and the passive radiator gets very very hot during operation, slightly surprising, and definately effective. I also had to face the bottom of the heatsink with a flycutter on a mill, because it was uneven and wasn't sealing properly. But those 2 heatsinks get HOT during some GTA or CS, so they are highly effective. The 120s are all running around 400-600 RPM, so theres not much noise, actually, there isnt any. Maxtor makes some quality drives too, just for the record.

TheRagingGerbil said:
How did you seal the mating surfaces of the water blocks and radiator?

Blue RTV Silicone gasket sealant was used, and trust me, it makes a difference. There are different silicones for different purposes, and Blue RTV is the best for this application.

Thanks!

that is awesome.

nice temps, too... now i need to finish my watercooling setup. and the etch for my window... hehe.

very nice job on the case. i don't think i could work on something that long...
i'm invincible!

oh man, outstanding work.

at first when i saw the cut up front panel i was saying to myself, "good job ruining the case!"
then when it all came together my jaw was on the floor, very nice work. i wish i could do something like that.

domoMKIV said:
oh man, outstanding work.

at first when i saw the cut up front panel i was saying to myself, "good job ruining the case!"
then when it all came together my jaw was on the floor, very nice work. i wish i could do something like that.

Heh, nice to see someone had enough faith to come back and look at the finished product :) Thanks.

PS, you didnt loose hope in me did you?! ;)

ATi_Loyalist said:
Oh, thats a shame, I cut it close, but not as close as last year, we were modding in the hotel room, haha!

Well Qtip I do hope to see you at PDXLAN even if your case isnt done :)

I didn't bother buying a ticket so that's a negative :( It's ok, I just need the photos to tote around.

For future references, heres some advice on the case. It looks hot but I must say, to get rid of that orange-peel-ish look that the powdercoat has try either A.) a spray on clear (automotive style) or B.) a clear powdercoat. The clear powdercoat usually takes some of it away but the best way to do it is going over it with a spray gun. Looks great without all that though. Keep it up.

Qtip42 said:
I didn't bother buying a ticket so that's a negative :( It's ok, I just need the photos to tote around.

For future references, heres some advice on the case. It looks hot but I must say, to get rid of that orange-peel-ish look that the powdercoat has try either A.) a spray on clear (automotive style) or B.) a clear powdercoat. The clear powdercoat usually takes some of it away but the best way to do it is going over it with a spray gun. Looks great without all that though. Keep it up.

Yea, theres even clear powder on there, but the problem is just that powder wasnt meant for flat surfaces. I might sand the panels down with some 1500 and 2500 if I get around to it, but im worried the flake might be too near the surface in the clearcoat.

Sorry to hear you wont be at PDX

DarkenReaper57 said:
I love the flowmeter! Did you design it yourself, or follow some sort of guide?

No guides here, this is 100% custom. Thanks. :)

Where does one find colored plexi. IE- Red, Blue, Smoked, etc.... Sure as hell not @ Home Depot.. :(

great mod looks really sharp
smile.gif

out of curiosity how much did the powdercoating cost you? it looks really really nice.

Would local places have those acrylic sheets in 'grey' tint? Thats a great price only 18$ but i have no time to wait for it.

great job on the case i really like the way it was done.

(i noticed you scraped the ATI logo from the orriginal mock up, can't say i dont blame ya, it looks fine with out it) also agree with the red /black wire loom and shrink, would tie it in a littel better,also for getting rid on the of the atx tube thing you got going on.. meh.

there was only one other thing i saw that if i had seen it to begin with i would have said something... you mixed metals in your W/C system, copper + alu = not such a good idea... while it will be some time befor it gives you any hassle, i would still keep it in the back of my mind to change the whole system over to one or the other... (get some nice bright red copper sticking out of the top of that case... would be sick...(and heavy :p )

other wise very nice mod (and good job deburring that ALU , i recently had to debur a new window on a case and i know how tough it is...more so when space is tight, i can tell it took you quite some time )

again good job

You my friend...are a FUCKING MADMAN :eek:

Holy shit that looks good. When I saw the first few pics I thought...Oh yeah this guy is gunna fuck it up for sure......Doh! :eek: Boy was I wrong

***thud!***
You hear that, thats the sound of my jaw dropping.
At first I though your mod was gonna stink out loud; flames... Done2Death...
But the more you worked on it, the more I found my self checking for an update!

I have to say, you took something that has been used too much (flames) and made it look fucking great!
I love the thing all over, its just too amazing for normal words!

Back