Projekt :: "40" ::

front14.jpg

Seriously wtf..
that bad boy is f**kin sick.. it takes out alot of cases....
"ill buy that for a dollar"

u gonna post that mod in a competition or 2?

oh wow....

GREAT job dude!!! complete ownage!

I knew this was gonna be worth watching. Thanks for finishing it (unlike 75% of the mods that start here). definetly enter that in some case mod comps. Again, fantastic job! :D :D :D

I've been following along off and on since this thread started. Just amazing what you did.
I do have an idea for the rest of the rack. You could install a good sized flat panel monitor in it. This would be more of a show-off thing, but isn't that what case modding is all about?

wow wow don't go too fast..I have to work ..
* on the lightning (inside/outside)
* on the front : power on - reset - open DVD - activity led.... door for the DVD
* on the top : still not plugged the handles 'leds
* on the feet
* on the back - not finish
* on the wiring
* i'm actually trying to do something to replace the butterfly nuts (sorry zapperfish, we were the only 2 on earth to love them :)

Anyway thanks you VERY much for the cool comments :D (and for the news..)

This is far and away the best looking custom case job I've ever seen in my whole life. You must have had some kind of vision or LSD trip or something because this is down right amazing! I loved the wingnuts! The full orange side panel. I was about 5 seconds from going all orange for my mod. The only thign I could have suggested doing differently was get an old Intel DFI lanparty board and use that because its black and orange, but still I'm at a loss for words how impressed I am :D :D :D it sorta looks like my corepad...

Alonso_Bistro said:
wow wow don't go too fast..I have to work ..
* on the lightning (inside/outside)
* on the front : power on - reset - open DVD - activity led.... door for the DVD
* on the top : still not plugged the handles 'leds
* on the feet
* on the back - not finish
* on the wiring
* i'm actually trying to do something to replace the butterfly nuts (sorry zapperfish, we were the only 2 on earth to love them :)

Anyway thanks you VERY much for the cool comments :D (and for the news..)

Thanks for at least remembering that. I felt that the project was incomplete. I noticed the awkwardness of wingnuts but they are acceptable. I noticed there was no DVD cover of some sort. Nor was there any feets under the case. The wiring was also a slight mess on the top-- you may want to tighten them up. But don't get overboard either. You're doing fine.

-J.

Wow, that is one incredibly amazing case. You could easily win some awards. Definetly submit that for maximum pc's rig of the month.

very, VERY, nice!!

Great work.

How many hours do you estimate total to date on the case?

The only thing I don't like is the wingnuts, but hey that just my opinion.

This case went from "what? orange? Thats tinier than it looks with the mobo in."
to "I bow in your modding skills"

I apalogise to doubting you, you are a great artist! :D

salut :)

this "lcd" lol came from an old 386/486 Dx (with 66 or 133 or 166 (i dont remember)
aff01.jpg

aff02.jpg

aff03.jpg

aff04.jpg

Of course the lcd has been modified to show....40 - (this will help the juges to remember the name of the mod in the contests) ... :D
aff05.jpg

aff06.jpg

Worked on the lateral door.
bt00.jpg

bt01.jpg

bt02.jpg

I dont know u but I spend my time looking for my screws so let me introduce u "the bistroquette" - YOUR'S SCREWS ARE SAVED !! :D
bt03.jpg

bt04.jpg

The door can be open now like a ......door
- before painting
bt05.jpg

- after painting.
bt06.jpg

bt07.jpg

inside:
bt09.jpg

back-view :)
bt10.jpg

bt11.jpg

some inside views
bt110.jpg

bt111.jpg

bt112.jpg

bt113.jpg

bt114.jpg

bt115.jpg

bt116.jpg

cya friends

Dude seriously thise case has got to be the best I have ever seen. Everytime I look at this thread I get a woody. That was an awsome replacement for the wing nuts, and the hinged door is really cool. Now, if I some one held a gun to my head and I had to say something bad.....the rouded IDE running across the middle of everything is out of place.

Now, I am off to burn my case and start over.

wow, really amazing dude!

all i ask is you spray those pci slot cover things black so the back looks a lot better

awesome man.

i liked it when you said "these ultra LED's are a little too ultra!", i laughed for like a minute straight :p

Sorry if you all ready posted it but whats the specs on that monster?

thanks a lot for the good comments :)

I'm actually working on the rounded ide cable and the back.

The specs:

asus A7v400-MX
sempron 2800+
80 gb barracuda
PNY 6600 256mg
256 OCZ pc3200

I'm waiting for winning a few contest to improve all of this :D

thanks again

This is by far the most amazing case ever. Straight up and away the best, I like themed case mods as much as the next guy, but you made this case 1000x better than I could have ever imagined it coming out when I looked at the first pictures. You sir are a true artist.

hi friends
back to modding after a few hollidays :)

I've found these things in a car accessory shop
supled01.jpg

I've put 1 under the DVD tablet and 1 in the PSU
The cool thing is the blue color when the door is open and the smooth orange when the door is close.
supled04.jpg

supled05.jpg

supled07.jpg

supled08.jpg

supled10.jpg

supled11.jpg

supled12.jpg

supled13.jpg

more pixs to come soon
bye

*waves*
Greetings from a PheatonForums member :)

And wow... I thought Alpha was amazing... this thing is SWEET!
(I guess we're noticing the Orange plexi + blue LED theme again, eh?)

Wow I guess we should be saying screw you for doing such a great job and making a nuch of us look bad when are cases. I really like what you have done so far though.

Alonso! I remember your other work from MTB (The O and Alpha) last year, it was equally impressive. I love that you not only make creative cases, but you make them using any random materials you can find that other modders wouldn't give a second glance. No one else would look at a display rack and think "You know, I bet a computer would fit in there."

Fantastic job.

thank you very much (if u can see me , i'm red like a tomatoe ! )

I've added the legendary mesh behind the front fan (black painted) with little cahoutchouc joint to prevent vibrations.
fgrill01.jpg

fgrill02.jpg

Here are the power led - DD led and DVD led.
They go through the front and light the little orange plexi under the alu (where "remove" is painted on) - don't if it's very clear :D

dvd led:
fgrill03a.jpg

fgrill03.jpg

fgrill04.jpg

In this last pic the door is half open and show the contrast between the bleu - door open - and the cool orange - door close -

fgrill05.jpg

I've added a little green plexi to smooth the small lcd "40".
slcd.jpg

Worked on the feet !!
dafoot01.jpg

with an orange led glued in the middle of the plexi
dafoot02.jpg

by night ... (looks like a mouse pad)
dafoot03.jpg

The idea is to use a 17" monitor foot.
(here with a little black paint just to give me an idea of the final look :) )
dafoot04.jpg

the foot was to large....
dafoot05.jpg

hummm that's better
dafoot06.jpg

first tests ... ok
dafoot07.jpg

dafoot08.jpg

The foot is screwed to the box (look at my shiny HDD) :cool:
dafoot08a.jpg

dafoot08b.jpg

dafoot09.jpg

view from under
dafoot10.jpg

and some pixs from my glass desk
look like there 2 plexi :D

dafoot11.jpg

dafoot12.jpg

dafoot13.jpg

dafoot14.jpg

dafoot15.jpg

dafoot16.jpg

That's all, hope u enjoyed to see that mod like i've enjoyed to do it
thanks all and see ya for some new adventures.

Back