• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

projector screen making,

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
1,692
what could I use and where can I get it, I need a border to go around the sides to cover up the cut-job and just make it look better, any ideas?

HPIM0777.jpg
 
nice, do u have any pics of it on, so i can see what it looks like, is there a gloss reflection or anything?

I dont think I can paint mine as I have paneling it has lines in it, so I might be stuck with useing what I have, but I need to find a border of some sort.
 
also, urs looks like a big size, do u have a short throw lens? how far is ur projector away from the screen? I can only get 76 inch's with 9 feet back, thats all the room I have lol
 
Have you spent any time looking around at the very detailed disscussion group about DIY Projection Screens over on the AVSForums? I highly recommend taking a look. These guys have some great options that have been tested and proven over and over again.
 
How about just getting some narrow wood pieces from Lowe's or whatever and paint them black then miter the corners and nail 'em up. Kinda like making a big picture frame.
 
Black felt is a popular option for borders. Some use velcro to attach it, makes it easier to swap if you have different border sizes; 4:3, 16:9 etc
 
black felt sounds good, somthing that is solid though, i dont to go expensive cuz I just lost my job and I am in the middle of finding a job but I dont like it the way it is, i wanted to get somthing black and solid i could make a border of it
 
yea there are lots of options..

really all i did when i was making my screen was just goto the fabric store and just started looking at different material, material is pretty cheap..

the 70" diagnal vynl screen i made cost me 25$ and looked and worked great
 
what kind of canvas?

is there any keep stuff i can use, i am useing a fabric I got at the store on mywall, keep in mind I have a drop ceiling so I cant "hang" nothing
 
Back
Top