Project: Vapo Li PC-7A/B

Yeah they removed a few voltage options in the newer bios (some were readded after complaints).

But on an interesting note, you can flash your 680i LT with a 680i bios (ie: P31 bios). Many over at XS and the eVGA forums (including myself) have done it before. But there's no performance increase, just a great deal more options to control (like MCP voltages, SPP<->MCP link voltages) and some extra temperature readings.

CoW]8(0);1031640358 said:
Yeah they removed a few voltage options in the newer bios (some were readded after complaints).

But on an interesting note, you can flash your 680i LT with a 680i bios (ie: P31 bios). Many over at XS and the eVGA forums (including myself) have done it before. But there's no performance increase, just a great deal more options to control (like MCP voltages, SPP<->MCP link voltages) and some extra temperature readings.

That's pretty cool.. I would totally be down for a re-flash if there was an added benefit. Maybe if I had a dual core, I could REALLY use the added VCORE settings.. But with this QX6700 quad, I know that the Vapochill has its limits..

Hmmm... why are you using such old video card drivers?

Easy. I TOTALLY was going to upgrade but everything works perfectly. So... since it's not broke, I am leaving it this way for the moment.. When Crysis comes out, I'm sure I might need a driver revision. How many days til Crysis comes out? 4? I am SOOOOO ready. Are you going to start a clan? Oe already getting players ready? I'm totally interested.

Hey Dolph.. I downloaded Ventrilo and expect to have it installed sometime today.. I just finished tweaking my setup and after a couple hours of "tinkering" with Everest Ultimate and my video card settings, here are the fruits of my labor.. I bet I'd be atleast 20,000 in 3dmark06 if I had 8800 ultra's instead of GTS's! I was surprised, mathmatically, that I scored 100% faster than basically 2+ million other computers that have submitted their results to Futuremark. Not too shabby if I look at it that way.. LOL. After some simple subtraction, I am ranked 9,226.

3dmark061673903.jpg

3dmark061673902.jpg

3dmark061673901.jpg

lmao Dolph!!!!!!!! Shhhhh, don't tell everyone that I was a "fan boy" ...haha. Nothing really to update.. I downloaded the nvidia beta driver 169.12 and hit a little better 3dmark06 score.. thats about it.. My FPS have increased in Crysis a little.. I am averaging (depending on terrain) around 33-to 50 FPS..

3dmark0636ghz16827.jpg

you go boy! lol
Good work, what made you push it further? Last we talked you were pretty happy with it.

Off topic: We've made some changes in Oe. You gonna join us for CoD4 goodness? Our server will be up this weekend. :)

you go boy! lol
Good work, what made you push it further? Last we talked you were pretty happy with it.

Off topic: We've made some changes in Oe. You gonna join us for CoD4 goodness? Our server will be up this weekend. :)

Well, I knew my setup was capable of more.. I think "sheer boredom" and "wondering what it would do if I jacked around with it" got the better of me.. haha. I can boot into windows at 11 x 364 FSB (4.004ghz) but it just needs more VCore (I ran out.. I don't have anymore vcore left to give it). Anytime I run a CPU intensive program like Everest Ultimate CPU stress test, after about 60 seconds, it reboots.. Sigh.. LOL. I think if I had a little more VCORE and I clocked my cards to the edge of their performance capabilities, I could probably hit right around 18,000 in 3dmark06.. who knows?

So, I think I have truly hit my limit with this board although I am NOT complaining! Not bad for a 680i LT board! In the next 60 days, DO I HEAR A 780i board knockin' on my door??? I would definately like to get my hands on a new 45nm quadcore.. I'd be interested if I could sell my QX6700 and turn around and throw some more money in and pick up a QX9850..

I have a lot to do today so I doubt that I will get game time in.. But, hopefully, I can find myself near a Fry's electronics or Best Buy and pick up COD4. : )~
BTW, Congrats on the server bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back