Project : Toxicity

Holy shit, I love that toxic green
Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the final job done

got a link to where you bought the 500 Black Pop Rivets? i found a place but its 25cents each.....

How far along is it now then Craig? :)
Also, where abouts are you in the UK, there ain't enough brits on here! :D

I'm based in the UK so I don't know how useful it would be but I picked up my black rivets from Spalding Fasteners and as I said the size is 3.2 x 6mm.
Spalding Fasteners

MNPCTech also sell them tho.
MNPCTech.com

I asked Craig the same question and he provided me with the spalding place. In a week I had my 500 black rivets for a very good price. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Rossi~ I'm near Leicester in the UK, pretty much the middle of the middle. However these past few weeks I have been in Leeds working so the project has ground to a halt.

With the school holidays coming to an end this week I'm hoping to get some time off next week where I can do some more modding.

Master noran - Glad I could be of help :)

I'm based in the UK so I don't know how useful it would be but I picked up my black rivets from Spalding Fasteners and as I said the size is 3.2 x 6mm.
Spalding Fasteners

MNPCTech also sell them tho.
MNPCTech.com

its 145 dollars, no shipping/tax, if i order from a company in the US but its 31 dollars, with shipping, ordering from Spalding. wtf, i wanna move to the UK now. :mad:

Wow thats silly money right there.

So work has subsided for at least a few days, I should be getting some more work done on the roof panel over the next couple of days and I'm hoping to get that section finished this week.

Then it should be the mounting of the radiator, Pump and Res for yet another leak / flow rate test.

Also I'm in the market for a new CPU waterblock as I fear the Dtek Fuzion V2 will not take my Bitspower Fittings. Currently running S775 however an i7 upgrade is planned later in the year. Any suggestions?

Nominated for Mod Of The Month by Bit-Tech.

Which is awesome :)

Been doing some modding work during the week and realised I SUCK at soldering. No really. I FAIL HARD. :(

However practice makes perfect...or ruins a lot of cabling..one or the other :s

The roof panel just needs fitting up and then that piece of the puzzle will be done too. Some photos / video tomoro all being well.

I think it's update time :)

I've been doing a lot of work in the garage these past few days and I have got a video sussed for your enjoyment.

The latest video continues the roof panel modding which was started in Worklog #6 - Roof Panel Modding. There is a little refresher about what went on at the beginning of the new one to remind you what went on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj2FSRn64Gw

Currently the case is undergoing leak-testing again *yawn* to double and triple check the res and the rad don't leak. I don't want to wake up underwater thank you very much.

I still have the side panels to mod so I can't just sit back and relax just yet. I am still deciding on whether to upgrade to i7 or to continue using my q6600. Anyone done the deed and give any advice?

Thanks for all the votes at Bit-Tech's Mod Of The Month August

Also a quick reminder of my Sponsors for this project.

MNPCtech.com

Specialtech.co.uk

Thanks guys

:)

My modding plans for the rooftop have come to a juddering halt as I've ran out of cutoff wheels for my dremel clone and I'm a little puzzled on how to do the next bit. Maybe it will come to me after a drink...or two :)

Hey craig, it's coming along very nicely! Also your videos are absolutely great and very informative. My question has to do with worklog #6 roof panel modding. The speed photography on the panel cutting doesn't allow one to gauge the actual amount of time it took. So, how long did it take to dremel out the mesh on the top panel. Reason I ask is because I'm new to the dremel and I am going to be cutting up my 800D this week so I'd like to have some idea on how slow it should go. Thanks again for the great vids.

Hey there Jadawgis. Glad you like the videos :)

Cutting will depend on the material (steel vs Aluminium etc) but to do the rough cut out was around 15minutes I think. Of course the filing and smoothing off was a little longer. To be honest unless your doing an intricate design on a panel you would be better off using a jigsaw with a fine tooth blade.

The only reason I used my dremel clone is because the raised edge caused problems with the jigsaw blades.

If you do use a rotary tool just remember to let the tool do the work. You don't need to force it along the cut.

Here are 2 videos on dremel techniques

Watched your video, where you cut the top out, for the plexi glass top. A lot of work in that, But when I did mine (932) I was able to put a dremel grinding bit into my router, and place it in a vice and make a jig and it took roughly 5 mins, 45 mins if you include building the jig and putting it in the jig and using the vices and clamp table I had.

How long did the fileing take to get the edges straight like that? Also did you consider using say some bondo to fill in the edges instead of filing it down and going metal only?

The edges were fairly straight already, it was just a case of making them smooth, maybe 5 - 10mins.

I did try a grinding disc with my dremel mounted within my workbench but i ground the disc away to easily so it didnt cut straight for longer than about 4 inches. I soon gave up.

You got a worklog of yours? I'd like to see it

The edges were fairly straight already, it was just a case of making them smooth, maybe 5 - 10mins.

I did try a grinding disc with my dremel mounted within my workbench but i ground the disc away to easily so it didnt cut straight for longer than about 4 inches. I soon gave up.

You got a worklog of yours? I'd like to see it

Afraid not, I did this while in New Hampshire where the only thing close to a camera I had, was 1.3 Mp camera on my Motorola Razor.

IT LIVES!!!

Yes thats right I've transplanted Monolith (I'll miss you buddy) into Toxicity.

I've done a little upgrade by picking up a OCZ Vertex 2 60Gb SSD and swapped the Q9450 from Redemption with the tired Q6600. Not had chance to overclock it yet as I'm still struggling to image my Win7 install onto the SSD, which is throwing my BootMGR missing all the time.

I've also got some lights rigged up for the res, but I'm still working on cable management at the moment so no decent photos or videos as yet. Awaiting shorter SATA leads for one as all mine seem to be 45cm or more :eek:

As for the rest of the mod, well I still have both side panels to finish off plus a few niggly bits.

For now here is a little sneak of what it looks like :)
Image032.jpg

You know what I really can't stand? When people cross the line from thanking their sponsors to bragging that they got a sponsor. Seriously, am I the only one sick of reading worklogs where the builder shouts out every single company whose donated a piece of sleeving? Not you, oliver, you're cool. But every single build in your inspiration section is rife with OP's saying thank you to this company and that, and it pisses me off because

A. Companies shouldn't be given a free plug- like campaign contributions- just shady business
B. The OP frequently overdoes the plug so it seems more like a brag than a plug
C. I'm jealous that you are getting free stuff. Realize that even if I were in your position the company supplying the stuff wouldn't be thanked or receive a banner in more than one post.

So the last one is vain, but the others are valid concerns. In the Purple Rain thread (which was a sick build) I saw plugs for techflex and some light company both shouting out the rep "Thanks to Joe Shmoe at Lightoptix who gratiously donated a [EFFING] light strip! He was there every step of the way and I'll suck his ding dong I swear."
Paraphrasing but you get the idea.

(This post was taken from a post on OCN)

Cheers H@RD5 :)

Got some time to mod recently so I should be getting a new video up soon.

Also debating on a photoshoot for the internals or waiting for the project to be finished and doing the lot..

Answers on a postcard :)

Cheers H@RD5 :)

Got some time to mod recently so I should be getting a new video up soon.

Also debating on a photoshoot for the internals or waiting for the project to be finished and doing the lot..

Answers on a postcard :)

Video teaser then photoshoot when it's 100% complete i say :D

So I picked up some smaller SATA leads from Ebay seller SATA CITY. Brilliant seller, very fast to deliver and free postage too!

Anyway I got some 15cm, 25cm and 50cm cables which suit me down to the ground.

Image00033.jpg

Much better than having to try and cable manage 30cm of cable for each hard drive.

I've been short on time recently so only really had time to do small items towards the project.

Here's a new video which pretty much brings you up to speed. Don't forget it's 720p over on Youtube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUubIh_H-yw

Still got the side panels to do but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...(and it's GREEN :p)

I'll be hoping for one more day of nice weather when it's all done so I can get some good outdoor photos and then I'll overload your bandwidth with them haha.

I'm thouroughly impressed with the turnout craigr...inspires me to get to work on my next project.

I'll probably keep a load spare but I'll sent you both a PM ;)

cornelious0_0 - Glad it inspired you. Be sure to post a link up here and I'll have a gander :)

Definitely...I've got a few things in mind for this PC-7B that I've never seen done before and can't wait to get started. :)

Well the weather never improved so I had to resort to some indoor photos.

I do still have the side panels to work on so these are mostly just internal shots for your viewing pleasure.

Image00034.jpg

Image00035.jpg

Image037.jpg

Image043.jpg

Image00036.jpg

Image038.jpg

Image039.jpg

Image040.jpg

Image041.jpg

Image042.jpg

I'm holding off with the roof panel until the sides are done..Wouldn't want to spoil you now would I.

Cheers guys :)

cornelious - Makes it easy to fill too.. it will still be visible as I'll be making a window in the side panel to match the res shape. I'm hopign with the lights on too it will glow nicely through the gap too. :)

Similar to my idea of a custom reservoir that I use AS the top window in the case...can't wait to see.

Back